Terri: Waved Goodbye at 8:45/Left School at 9:00 -- Significance

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEADFAST

Reaction score
I didn't realize the importance, on June 5, of the difference between 8:45 and 9:00. Do you think on the day Terri wrote in that emai that she left the school at 9:00 she realized that someone had seen Kyron (and her?) at 9:00? Did she think that everyone would have seen him last at 8:45?

Information on June 5:
"The stepmother said she last saw Kyron at about 8:45 a.m. walking down the hallway toward his classroom, according to a sheriff's office news release. " http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...rtland_bo.html

Also from BeanE's notes on the June 5 presser:
- School staff report not seeing him after 8:45 AM and that he did not make it to his classroom.

Another June 5 article: At 8:45 a.m. when the bell rang, Terri walked her stepson down the hall close to his class. http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...the_day_k.html
(Note that the bell rang at 8:45)

But
--

June 5 email from Terri: "I left the school at 9 . . ." http://www.komonews.com/news/local/100415079.html

We now know from the June 7 PC: " . . . the last point at which Kyron was seen was about 9:00 a.m." " . . . the last point was down at the south entrance door of the school." http://www.king5.com/video?id=95822614&sec=549132

And from the June 18 PC: "Terri is the last known person to have seen Kyron before he disappeared." and "she was the last person to see Kyron."

I think someone did see Terri with Kyron as she was leaving with him at 9:00!

Thanks for the case review thread, BeanE! I, for some reason, had never put that all together until we went back to what was known and being said on June 5!

Leave/wave good-bye to Kyron in the school at 8:45.

Walk down hall, talk to people, people oohhhing and ahhhing over baby K, get to car, load stroller, buckle in Baby K...wow its 9:00AM already and just leaving the school.

Nope, no discrepancy at all.

I think there is something hinky with the two different times reported also. But if TH did leave at 9 as she claims in her email, how did she get that receipt time stamped 9:13? Maybe if it was Starbucks drive thru near the Fred Meyer?

I think the email is bizarre. She states she left at 9 - maybe she left Kyron in the hall at 8:45, but left the school (after getting to her vehicle and getting baby buckled in) at 9. But still not a lot of time to get that receipt.

Walk down hall, talk to people, people oohhhing and ahhhing over baby K, get to car, load stroller, buckle in Baby K...wow its 9:00AM already and just leaving the school.

BBM. But we haven't heard of anyone seeing TH without Kyron, right?

I think you are absolutely right. I also noticed the differences between the times Terri's mother said she left (8:45) and was reported widely at first by MSM. Now we have the email that says 9:00 and that she went to go see "different exhibits."

Now, who is one more likely to be truthful with - one's mother or when one emails a friend the next day? My bets are on the mother on the day of the incident.

Is the south entrance door the one by Kyron's room that leads down the path to the access road?

I think there is something hinky with the two different times reported also. But if TH did leave at 9 as she claims in her email, how did she get that receipt time stamped 9:13? Maybe if it was Starbucks drive thru near the Fred Meyer?

I think the email is bizarre. She states she left at 9 - maybe she left Kyron in the hall at 8:45, but left the school (after getting to her vehicle and getting baby buckled in) at 9. But still not a lot of time to get that receipt.

It must be impossible. 7 miles to drive, go in a store to look for medicine, purchase something and get a receipt all in 13 minutes? It would take her 7 minutes just to get there - and she would have to be driving 60 miles an hour the whole way.

Why is it a discrepancy? Terri says she told the teacher that SHE was going to see other exhibits. Waving at Kyron at 8:45, the established regular bell time, as he was headed to his classroom, why isn't it possible that, after seeing what there was to see, Terri left about 9 a.m.?

So, if Kyron was last seen at 9:00 and Terri was the last person to see him (per presser quotes below), do you think she saw him as she was buckling in BabyK?

Why is it a discrepancy? Terri says she told the teacher that SHE was going to see other exhibits. Waving at Kyron at 8:45, the established regular bell time, as he was headed to his classroom, why isn't it possible that, after seeing what there was to see, Terri left about 9 a.m.?

I believe when she told that to the teacher it was earlier in the morning shortly after they arrived at school and she and Kyron were going to look at other exhibits. There is a media report somewhere about the time Mrs. Porter saw Kyron and Terri in the class. JMO.

Terri can't have last seen Kyron at 8:45 and also be the last person to see him at 9:00.

I believe when she told that to the teacher it was earlier in the morning shortly after they arrived at school and she and Kyron were going to look at other exhibits. There is a media report somewhere about the time Mrs. Porter saw Kyron and Terri in the class. JMO.

It was the PTA president, Ms. Zimmerman. She saw them in Kyron's class at 8:15 when TH was photographing him in front of his exhibit. Terri said in her emails that his jacket and backpack were left at school, so I am assuming that is when he brought them in to class (if we are to believe TH's account of the events).

And from the June 18 PC: "Terri is the last known person to have seen Kyron before he disappeared." and "she was the last person to see Kyron."

June 18 press conference

6:42 Terri is the last known person to have seen Kyron before he disappeared.

2:10 We're hoping that, because she was here at the time that Kyron disappeared, and with him, and I mean it's naturally she'd be with him - she brought him to school.

1:39 She's associated with this case because she was, you know, the last person to see Kyron.

Video: http://www.kgw.com/video?id=96685544&sec=547977

A couple other time references:

POSTED: 6:50 am PDT June 7, 2010

Gates said the last time Kyron was seen was at 9 a.m. Friday at Skyline Elementary School, but there have also been reports that a classmate saw Kyron in what Sheriff Dan Staton said was the "late-morning hours."
He would not comment on who last saw Kyron.

http://www.kptv.com/news/23816333/detail.html

Published: Sunday, June 06, 2010, 10:00 PM

During police interviews Sunday, a student said he last saw Kyron later that morning near the south entrance to the school. That was the last time the boy was seen, Staton said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html

It must be impossible. 7 miles to drive, go in a store to look for medicine, purchase something and get a receipt all in 13 minutes? It would take her 7 minutes just to get there - and she would have to be driving 60 miles an hour the whole way.

You'll notice in the email she doesn't say she went to the first FM, although she does say she went to the second one. What she says about the first FM is " I have a receipt showing I was checked out at Fred Meyer 7 miles away at 9:12am." Maybe the mystery accomplice bought something there and gave her the receipt. It's possible Terri planned to take Kyron out of the school at 8:45 when the bell rang but the coast wasn't clear, so she had to wait until 9:00. The accomplice wouldn't know that, so got a receipt for the time planned to correspond to driving from school to FM starting at 8:45.

I don't think Terri knew she was seen at 9:00 with Kyron by a south entrance door.

June 18 press conference

6:42 Terri is the last known person to have seen Kyron before he disappeared.

2:10 We're hoping that, because she was here at the time that Kyron disappeared, and with him, and I mean it's naturally she'd be with him - she brought him to school.

1:39 She's associated with this case because she was, you know, the last person to see Kyron.

Video: http://www.kgw.com/video?id=96685544&sec=547977

A couple other time references:

POSTED: 6:50 am PDT June 7, 2010

Gates said the last time Kyron was seen was at 9 a.m. Friday at Skyline Elementary School, but there have also been reports that a classmate saw Kyron in what Sheriff Dan Staton said was the "late-morning hours."
He would not comment on who last saw Kyron.

http://www.kptv.com/news/23816333/detail.html

Published: Sunday, June 06, 2010, 10:00 PM

During police interviews Sunday, a student said he last saw Kyron later that morning near the south entrance to the school. That was the last time the boy was seen, Staton said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html

Just goes to show what further investigation can reveal. I'm positive that the latest statement by LE is their latest information. If they come out with a more recent statement about the last person to see Kyron, I'll go with that. So far, the June 18 presser is the most up-to-date information that LE has given out about who saw Kyron and who was the last known person to see Kyron -- Terri.

Not to mention finding a parking spot.. parking.. and getting baby K out of the car seat.... I think someone else may have given her that receipt to help her with an alibi... Probably why LE wanted the surveliance video too....:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth