CONVICTION OVERTURNED AK - Kent Leppink, 36, murdered, Hope, 2 May 1996

Testing

Love and Death in Alaska- Part 1 (didn't work)

okay, I've seen cbs videos do this before - it's something on their end and the way they have it set up - it did this exact same thing when some of us were trying to link the Caylee 48 hours.

If you go direct to the site it is on about page 4 or 5 of the full episodes page and you should be able to watch it there. I just tried again and my country is not blocked.

still nothing for me....it says its loading, there is a quick flash of the imbed links, then a black screen. I am not meant to see this :(

still nothing for me....it says its loading, there is a quick flash of the imbed links, then a black screen. I am not meant to see this :(

I'm wondering if you have something enabled that is blocking adobe flash from playing? Have you got the latest updated version? What is your download speed like? Anyway, I've found another link and I'm hoping you'll be able to watch this one, give it a go :) Let me know if this works and I'll search for part 2.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/love-death-alaska-part-1/9742-1_53-50091342.html

I'm wondering if you have something enabled that is blocking adobe flash from playing? Have you got the latest updated version? What is your download speed like? Anyway, I've found another link and I'm hoping you'll be able to watch this one, give it a go :) Let me know if this works and I'll search for part 2.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/love-death-alaska-part-1/9742-1_53-50091342.html

still nuffin, as my 4 year old would say. it's not the flash, cause flash works on youtube etc, this new link just gives me the little wheel of load forever. I've tried in firefox, opera, and then in ie as an act of desperation :biglaugh: download speed is 10mbit so I dont think I am hanging for that reason, it must be something else. I think I will try my husband's mac when he gets home, that way I can rule out my computer completely....

thank you so much flourish & darnudes :loveyou: for trying to help!

ETA ffs it works on husband's lappy! what's wrong with mine? *sob* thank you so much yall but I totally wasted everyone's time.

They could just be checking the source location of your requests, have you tried using any of the above links through a web proxy, like Zendproxy? http://www.zendproxy.com/

I use that occasionally to look at some sites. I use Chrome on Linux, but it's should work for any browser/OS because it doesn't load anything locally.

They could just be checking the source location of your requests, have you tried using any of the above links through a web proxy, like Zendproxy? http://www.zendproxy.com/

I use that occasionally to look at some sites. I use Chrome on Linux, but it's should work for any browser/OS because it doesn't load anything locally.

that's what I thought too, but it worked on hubby's mac! however, it did not with firefox, only safari, I couldnt get it to work on any browser - so on my end I believe it must be a setting ... but as I couldnt get it on any browser, I just dont know where to start.

this version IS changed from what I have read online, the part with her saying she was feeling attacked and whatnot wasnt on there, but there was enough to convince my husband and 17 year old that she was guilty.

that's what I thought too, but it worked on hubby's mac! however, it did not with firefox, only safari, I couldnt get it to work on any browser - so on my end I believe it must be a setting ... but as I couldnt get it on any browser, I just dont know where to start.

this version IS changed from what I have read online, the part with her saying she was feeling attacked and whatnot wasnt on there, but there was enough to convince my husband and 17 year old that she was guilty.

I'm SO glad you were able to watch, 2goldfish (sorry I called you "goldfish2" upthread :blushing:).

Yeah, I have both versions DVR'd and they remove that part and then add a part at the end with Mechele driving away from prison ("I can't believe I'm not in prison!"), and then in her new apartment talking on her cell phone ("We're at the apartment!"), and maybe some other stuff that I don't remember...it was pretty short, obviously staged and, IMO, basically silly fluff that cbs added and in order to do so, had to agree to delete the "I'm feeling a little bit attacked," I'm guessing.

I'm pretty certain I mentioned this already, but I'm verbose, so whatever. My DH, who is a sweetheart, but not too supportive of my fascination with various criminal cases. He did, however, agree to watch the new 48 hours with me, and was like, "oh, she's a borderline, those ones are the scariest." He also thought she was a poor actress, totally phony and definitely guilty of the murder of Kent Leppink."

Have you watched the Dateline episode? The "Snapped" one is pretty much like you'd expect if you've ever seen an episode of "Snapped," and can be skipped, imo. The book is pretty weak, but I skipped through all the Sarah Palin stuff and did read some pretty interesting stuff, but the author, who I'm amazed has published more than one of these abominations, fails to cite any of his information, so I can't count that information as really credible...still a fair read if you've got a kindle, a few bucks, and are stuck sick in bed, at least that was my experience.

still nuffin, as my 4 year old would say. it's not the flash, cause flash works on youtube etc, this new link just gives me the little wheel of load forever. I've tried in firefox, opera, and then in ie as an act of desperation :biglaugh: download speed is 10mbit so I dont think I am hanging for that reason, it must be something else. I think I will try my husband's mac when he gets home, that way I can rule out my computer completely....

thank you so much flourish & darnudes :loveyou: for trying to help!

ETA ffs it works on husband's lappy! what's wrong with mine? *sob* thank you so much yall but I totally wasted everyone's time.

Yah! Glad you got to watch it. Don't know what's wrong with your computer it must be an enable/disable thingy going on - not sure as not my field. I know how frustrating it is as wftv's vids used to do that to me all the time until I put in my own fix, which I told you about in that msg. Anyway, you didn't waste our time so don't worry. :)

Hi folks:) Took a break from the Casey Anthony trial to check in on this case and (no surprise) there's still crickets. There's one semi-new post on the free mechele blog from Mechele's mom which alludes to their not being able to discuss the case...so we're back to that :crazy:

adn.com still crickets...Megan Holland nowhere I could find on their site...I emailed them asking if they were planning on continuing to be one of the main primary sources for information about this case...let ya know if they bother to email me back LOL :)

Court docket is boring, too. I suppose the new lawyers on both sides are studying up:)

Some new comments on the free mechele facebook page (nothing really new in the comments, though):
http://www.facebook.com/search.php?q=mechele%20linehan&init=quick&tas=0.3164892196184135&ref=ts#!/home.php?sk=group_55155870302

:peace:

anyone care to speculate or predict outcome of this case? will it make it to trail? if so, will she be found guilty? Will one of the networks cover it?

I sure hope so.

All I will say is, if she gets a new trial and gets off....WOW...!

anyone care to speculate or predict outcome of this case? will it make it to trail? if so, will she be found guilty? Will one of the networks cover it?

I sure hope so.

after that horror of the anthony freakshow jury, I will never ever predict an outcome ever again :sigh:

I can only say I hope linehan's jury isnt quite so empty of grey matter and I also hope to see it streamed live.

I do have some updates on this case but don't have time to post them right now. Short version: Mechele had some bond/bail funding issues that were worked out, and it looks like the case is moving towards the scheduled trial next Spring. There is more information on the www.mechelelinehan.com site.

This just in-I just read that Mechele Linehan's indictment has been dismissed....wow! Here's the link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45678672/ns/local_news-anchorage_ak/

I can't say that I'm totally surprised by this, but disagree with the judge thinking that Kent Leppink's "Letter from the Grave" was too prejudicial. Well, as in it makes it fairly clear that she'd be involved in his death? Of course her conviction hinged largely on weight of the letter. She had motive with the life insurance policy (that she didn't know she been taken off of as the beneficiary). Granted, so much of the case was circumstancial it was dicey to prove her guilty and make it stick. I think with Carlin dead now we'll never know what truly happened. She's free and will most likely take the secret to her grave. I still wonder how she'd explain why she was washing a gun with Carlin...lots of very disturbing details about the case, but not enough proof apparently.

Thanks for the update ... certainly not the news we want to read. I hope we're not going to see book and movie deals from this monster ... along side those of Casey Anthony and Amanda Knox. I guess there's a whole new genre of book evolving ... the "If I Did It" crowd.

I guess the best we have now is social justice. Thankfully, no one will buy into Linehan's cutesy, baby-talking "I'm a perfect mother" routine anymore.

Yeah, I agree with you-the last thing we need is an "If I Did It" book from her as well as movie/interview deals. I think what Scott Hilke said on the 48 hours show was chilling-"I'm glad to be alive"-he knows what a chameleon she can be.

Yeah, I agree with you-the last thing we need is an "If I Did It" book from her as well as movie/interview deals. I think what Scott Hilke said on the 48 hours show was chilling-"I'm glad to be alive"-he knows what a chameleon she can be.

Maybe her husband will come to his senses now that she's a free woman. She's been a ball and chain on him since her arrest ... he seems like the kind of guy that would not abandon a damsel in distress. She's no longer in distress, and he needs to break away from her black widow spider clutches before he's cashed in as an accidental death insurance claim. Hopefully there isn't an insurance policy on their daughter either, as I doubt Michele has any boundaries regarding viewing people that love her in terms of their dollar value.

the original indictment is gone but that article stated no word yet as to whether or not to have another grand jury hear the case minus the letter
Y'all know how I feel

the original indictment is gone but that article stated no word yet as to whether or not to have another grand jury hear the case minus the letter
Y'all know how I feel

I agree there is nothing anywhere saying she is free (and her side LOOOVES the brag and attn seeking) and I damn well hope there will be....even without the "letter from the grave" (which I COMPLETELY disagree with that being dismissed) there is TONS of other evidence, and I am ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN a new GJ would hand down another indictment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back