IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very depressing...LE may have their videos they are holding back, but I feel they have very little to go on, as far as getting any closer to finding Lauren.

Police say witnesses reported that she visited a party at an 11th Street apartment complex and was last seen walking alone near 11th and College, in the direction of her apartment building.

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...diana-University-student?odyssey=mod|mostview

Interesting choice of words-an individual or a party?

Yes, it sure is interesting and could mean either one...
What time was this?
Ok, going to read article...

I read it and am even more confused...where does JR live? Do they mean his place and have the street wrong? The article reads as though that is where she was and seen leaving from...:(

According to HR (on Monday), this is what JR had told her:

"He [JR] told me he tried to make her stay and sleep on his couch but she refused, so finally after trying to convince her, she left," TH told The Journal News.

"He told me he watched her leave and told her, 'If you stumble then I'm going to make you come back in here.' But he watched her leave and she seemed fine so he just let her go," TH said.

Before leaving, TH said, Spierer used JR's phone to call DR to see if he knew where her phone was.

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...g-IU-student-tells-Bloomington-cops-her-story

He did not give details about a WTHR report that police removed evidence from Smallwood Plaza early Friday morning. According to that report, police walked inside Smallwood and emerged after 10 minutes carrying a brown paper bag. They placed it in a police car and drove away, according to the report.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81953

By the sounds of it, LE does not plan on releasing any more information this weekend, vidoes, timelines, etc...if no PC is planned. I guess we will only hear some "news" if something breaks. Hoping reporters will keep on digging and writing...Monday seems very far away right now...

Is TES/Tim Miller still searching?

Hello WS community! This is my first post, I've been waiting for my account to be activated so that I could contribute... I would consider myself somewhat of a photo-guru, and when I saw the photos of the truck released on the news I knew there was more than enough pixel information to play around with and extract the "unseen" image data. I assume that the FBI has already taken these steps, but I haven't seen any serious enhancements posted here beyond simple brightness/contrast tweaking so I thought I might be able to help by posting something more useful.

enhancement8.jpg

enhancement8b.jpg

This is just one of the many many enhancement layers that I got down to. I can post more if needed but I wanted to get this one out here because it is one of the clearest pictures I was able to get of the person in the bed of the truck. The second image is an enlargement of the bed area and it very clearly shows the individual's facial dimensions. I am no expert in facial recognition technology, but based on my limited knowledge of how it works, this image of the individual in the back of the tuck might be sufficient enough to compare with a photo of LS using facial recognition software. That might be a long shot, but it might just be a huge lead if it does in fact match LS's facial features.

I am also working on an enhancement of the graphic printed on the side of the vehicle from the other photo using a combination of the pixel information on the side of the truck and the information in its reflected off of the store window... It is a difficult fix but hopefully I will be able to post those results at some point later today.

I've wondered about TES too. People talked about them being here a few days ago and then I never heard another word about them.

Having worked with photoshop for many years, I tried to rework the images that were posted by LE. I am posting the second image two ways: enhanced and inverted. Sometimes it is easier to see things you normally wouldn't be able to when the image is inverted. I don't really see anything new, but maybe you guys can.

Took me half an hour to figure out how to put pics in here, hope it's done correctly.

whitechevytruck4copy.jpg

whitechevytruckinv.jpg

Hello WS community! This is my first post, I've been waiting for my account to be activated so that I could contribute... I would consider myself somewhat of a photo-guru, and when I saw the photos of the truck released on the news I knew there was more than enough pixel information to play around with and extract the "unseen" image data. I assume that the FBI has already taken these steps, but I haven't seen any serious enhancements posted here beyond simple brightness/contrast tweaking so I thought I might be able to help by posting something more useful.

This is just one of the many many enhancement layers that I got down to. I can post more if needed but I wanted to get this one out here because it is one of the clearest pictures I was able to get of the person in the bed of the truck. The second image is an enlargement of the bed area and it very clearly shows the individual's facial dimensions. I am no expert in facial recognition technology, but based on my limited knowledge of how it works, this image of the individual in the back of the tuck might be sufficient enough to compare with a photo of LS using facial recognition software. That might be a long shot, but it might just be a huge lead if it does in fact match LS's facial features.

I am also working on an enhancement of the graphic printed on the side of the vehicle from the other photo using a combination of the pixel information on the side of the truck and the information in its reflected off of the store window... It is a difficult fix but hopefully I will be able to post those results at some point later today.

These are really good. I tried to emboss as well, but found no luck. I found the second image to be a little easier to work with and hopefully you will come up with something.

Hello WS community! This is my first post,

Hi, and nice work HK-416!

I ran some high pass on these photos last night, and spooked myself in the wee hours of last night.
I, like you, also see a face. However, it's human nature to want to see faces in things, and I am sure (or I would hope) LE wouldn't be releasing information like this IF there was a perp in the back of the car?

I still see a person there though; thin nose, long face and blond hair (could be the light in the scene though.There is a hot spot there on the hood of the cab.)

This could just be me as well, but on the other photo, the one facing the passenger side of the car, it appears that there is someone in the passenger seat.

I can't see anything in the photos...at some point, it starts to look like a carpet cleaning machine...:(

If anyone does clarify the writing on the truck, probably should be sent to LE ASAP...they really don't seem to have anything to go on...

Hi, and nice work HK-416!

I ran some high pass on these photos last night, and spooked myself in the wee hours of last night.
I, like you, also see a face. However, it's human nature to want to see faces in things, and I am sure (or I would hope) LE wouldn't be releasing information like this IF there was a perp in the back of the car?

I still see a person there though; thin nose, long face and blond hair (could be the light in the scene though.There is a hot spot there on the hood of the cab.)

This could just be me as well, but on the other photo, the one facing the passenger side of the car, it appears that there is someone in the passenger seat.

I ran high pass and emboss on that first photo as well and wonder if that is possibly a light rack on top of the truck??

I ran high pass and emboss on that first photo as well and wonder if that is possibly a light rack on top of the truck??

I never really looked it like that, but it could be. It also could be the break light of the truck, I hadn't really looked at it like that because I am used to looking at light a different way.

BbKrF.jpg

This might be too hard to explain, but light does funny things with glass. And, depending what material is behind the glass, or in front of the glass, it can do things too. I saw a "family of angles" here in the photo. The light source would be south (and up) in this photo; the light source is directly under the camera that took this photo. The reflection of that light hits in the top North of the photo and then refracts on to the roof of the truck where the object is illuminated.

I am probably looking at this way wrong, it's been a long semester where I have "studied" what light does.

Hey guys, just signed up.

I don't know if this guy's blog has been mentioned yet, but he posted a completely different spin to the whole story today. It may be false and just looking to get some hits on his blog, but most of his other reports have been out a day before the national press and they have been accurate to this point.

http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011...n-spierer-mystery-encounter-with-unknown-man/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker