2011.07.03 TRIAL Day Thirty-four - STATE CLOSING ARGUMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
DS just knocked on the door of a conference room, and then entered.

I wish WESH, or other stations, had been filming during all the breaks. This is pretty interesting.

CM should do the closing. He's good at the oratory. I know JB will do it since his opening was so awesome. Bet he tries to sneak the abuse in there anyway.

I think Baez and his opening statement got a quickie divorce.

So does the SA get to use the remainder of their four hours for rebuttal and does anyone know how much time JA has used already?

Roughly 2:20 hours. Left 1:40.
ETA: someone said 1:20
Maybe my clock is wrong.

Wow, the evil is really coming out of ICA today. Scary, scary. Gives me the creeps.

Good morning all. :grouphug:
IMHO I just don't think we could have asked for better prosecutors to fight for justice for our girl. I am crying and so emotional listening to JA. I also am very angry at seeing reactions from Casey. I have been yelling some serious profanity at the tv (thank goodness my boys are at their grandma's this morning lol)
What a weird mix of emotions! I feel such hatred but at the same time so much admiration for the team that will find our baby justice.

I started to cry when he said in so many words - We can only hope that the chloroform was used - on Casey's face I only saw anger and resignation.

that's my thinking too. it's going to be BRUTAL. out come the pictures, out come the texts, i can hardly wait.

i will listen to jb's closing. assuming it will be jb. but as i've said many times, he's got nothing. the whole deck is in the hands of the state.

I thought I heard earlier that it was going to be the blonde attorney. Not sure about her name. I cannot sit and listen to JB, he is sickening. jmo

My brother asked me how she is able to get away with this behavior, which is patently designed to influence the jury. I told him I didn't know.

You can advise your client on how to behave, however you have not control over their behavior. Many defendants have been convicted b/c of their behavior in Court.

BRILLIANT for JA to play the video of ICA and Caylee playing right at the beginning. Totally took the wind out of the DT sails playing that video. The jurors will be thinking about what JA said. And ya know JB was gonna use that video for sympathy.

yes I did see that. I am not condoning her behaviour or even saying I like her, but I do have children and occassionally they have said things to me that have seemed not quite truthful, however, I chose to let it go, not saying in the death situation it was right but sometimes when you are too close to something it's hard to be objective. Again, not saying it's right, just saying that these 3 have probably learned alot about themselves and their lifestyle in such a public way and I for one can feel some compassion for them, enought to not want to spend a lot of time judging them without walking in their shoes. IMO

Respectfully, I think we all need to let go of our collective lack of objectivity when it comes to our own children. We don't want a world full of ICAs eventually walking around!

why wasn't the chloroform mentioned?
CA testified she was the one who researched chloroform. Although, there was a high level in the trunk. If ICA didn't use chloroform on Caylee, then it was only the duct tape. Think about the suffering before she died of being deprived of air. We hope the chloroform was used first. This is going to be a big issue in the sentencing phase. CA just tipped it by testifying that way -- towards a much harsher sentence -- because there would have been no compassion for Caylee's pain while dying if chloroform wasn't used.

IMO - JA saying DT wanted us to go "down the rabbit hole". That comment I posted about DT like the Red Queen throwing out thwartcakes and the Mad Hatter's tea party wasn't wasted. That is truly how I felt.

what in heavens name was she going to do when time ran out?
was she going to disappear?

There were some indications she was planning to rabbit to California to be with an old fling in the military. (he returned to florida and wore a wire for LE during the search for Caylee).

~My Grammie's-Heart is hurting so, so, so much, as I am listening to JA detail the moment to moment actions of what Caylee experienced...My mind wanders to my own grandson and his troubled mother and I am SO grateful and thankful that he is alive and okay...Thank you Lord for letting me raise him......This hurts way too much...Heartfelt Prayers, as deep as the deepest ocean, to Caylee and everyone who has ever loved her~

:fireworks::fireworks2::fireworks:

:tyou::tyou::tyou: to JA for that GREAT Closing Argument !

:great::great::great:

firsttears.png

cryingatJArestatingJBsos.png

wipingtears.png

I do hope JB does an adequate job with his closing, just for the sake of fairness. I don't think it'll be as powerful as he doesn't have the truth on his side, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak