GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of SP, there was very limited evidence in that case. Just circumstantial. Why do you think the jury in that case had no trouble finding him guilty and giving him the DP?

They took the time to really deliberate and look at all the evidence to piece the puzzle together.

IMO

I'm thinking there's a 75% chance of another hung jury and a 25% chance of guilty. Anyone else want to hazard a guess? Not what you think, but what you think the jury will come back with.

I'll step on out there with 70% chance of guilty and 30% chance of a hung jury. I think there is 0% chance of acquittal.

Let's see if I have to eat my words.

They took the time to really deliberate and look at all the evidence to piece the puzzle together.

IMO

I agree. Who else would have wanted Laci dead?
That case reminds me of this case so much.

Do they at least put the video up when they start for the day? Is that 9:30 again this AM?

ABC11 (WTVD) usually broadcasts the courtroom events (start of the day, breaks, juror questions) during deliberations.

WRAL tends to send out tweets, but does not broadcast during deliberations until the verdict is in.

I'm praying so hard that the jury puts the pieces of the puzzle together and returns a Guilty verdict. In the First Degree, hopefully.

IMO

ABC11 (WTVD) usually broadcasts the courtroom events (start of the day, breaks, juror questions) during deliberations.

WRAL tends to send out tweets, but does not broadcast during deliberations until the verdict is in.

Interesting since WRAL is the only camera in the courtroom itself. ABC11 has the worst sound, much too low, but they do seem to keep their feed on longer.

I'm so nervous, I can't even work on my SIMpire while I wait.
:-/

Interesting since WRAL is the only camera in the courtroom itself. ABC11 has the worst sound, much too low, but they do seem to keep their feed on longer.

Yes, they do. Don't shut down your window too soon, you may miss something! :)

To your point that is why JY had such a reaction to Gracie she challenged him and he reacted - who was a gas station attendant to challenge him - and perhaps screw up what JY thought he had accomplished - the perfect murder.

If JY were really a sociopathic killer, and was indeed at the gas station that morning, I think he either would have been cool as a cucumber and not lost his cool with Gracie, or I think he would have found an opportunity to kill her too. Maybe waited for the other customers to leave or lure her outside or something.

JMO

If JY were really a sociopathic killer, and was indeed at the gas station that morning, I think he either would have been cool as a cucumber and not lost his cool with Gracie, or I think he would have found an opportunity to kill her too. Maybe waited for the other customers to leave or lure her outside or something.

JMO
This is a serious question: How well versed are you wrt sociopaths?

Speaking of SP, there was very limited evidence in that case. Just circumstantial. Why do you think the jury in that case had no trouble finding him guilty and giving him the DP?

I really hope this jury takes all this circumstantial evidence in its totality because to me, there's even more evidence in this case than there was in SP's case and I knew he was guilty too.

good morning everyone. :)

This is a serious question: How well versed are you wrt sociopaths?

I've just read books, I'm no expert though, but from what I gather since sociopaths have little/no remorse, JY would either not be so wound up that he lashed out at Gracie - since he doesn't have a history of screaming at strangers like that - or he would get very angry and kill her. I don't think there would be any middle ground.

Mainly I just don't think JY is a sociopath at all whether or not he interacted with Gracie, killed Michelle/Rylan, etc.

JMO

I'm thinking there's a 75% chance of another hung jury and a 25% chance of guilty. Anyone else want to hazard a guess? Not what you think, but what you think the jury will come back with.

I'm thinking it's about the reverse - 75% guilty and 25% hung...I don't see a NG verdict at all (and that's not just my wishful thinking. ;) )...

IMO

how long was the SP jury out - do you know Talina? :) I didn't follow that one as closely as this one....

Like tarheel, I do find a lot of similarities in that case to this one as far as the amount and types of evidence (obviously different crime scenes)...

hopefully justice for Rylan and Michelle will come soon like it did for Laci and Conner.

JMO

I saw something else about this in a previous thread. I'm not sure where this notion that sociopath=automaton came from.

It's conscience they're lacking, not any show of emotion ever, at any time. As someone else said, probably their purest, truest emotion is anger. Whether its a slow simmering rage that leads someone to start planning a murder, or an immediate outburst of rage, that's one thing they have in spades. They tend to get angry when thwarted. Its all good when things are going their way. Its when things do not go their way that bad stuff happens.

I have tremendous luck - I just so happened to be in the courtroom both for the BC guilty verdict and also when the JY jury deadlocked in the first trial. I just popped down to the courthouse both of those days to stop in for an hour each time and both times was there for the verdicts. I think I'll pop down to the courthouse just after lunch today if that gives you any hints... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong