Day 9 Statements from Ramseys & Team/ 12 Days of JonBenet.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Day 9 Statements from Ramseys & Team/ 12 Days of JonBenet.

As we get closer to Sunday and the CBS docu-series let’s take a look back at some of the words from the Ramsey’s themselves and their hired team that made your jaw drop. Made you think “The Ramseys are not telling the truth”.

I’ve brought this up before but it was John Ramsey talking with Barbara Walters and refusing to go forward to exhume JonBenet so experts could text to see for certain if a stun gun was used as part of the crime. John refused by saying words along the lines of “Let her rest”. Really? You have a chance to prove something beyond a reasonable doubt and you think you will disturb your murdered child somehow by exhumation that would further along the investigation?????????

New Year’s Day on CNN John said “We wanted to get our daughter buried and we have done that now we are ready to get on with this” What is this? Not the investigation because they refused to go to the police.
Speaking of not going to the police.

Long time lurker named Lori pointed this next paragraph out.

It’s from Pat Korten. He was hired by the Ramsey’s lawyers to deal with public relations.

After seeing the Ramsey’s on CNN Pat Korten explained what he felt to Dateline:
"Certainly in the police department they felt that way, if you could talk to CNN, you could talk to us. But of course, the circumstances were completely different. If you are their lawyer your job is to make sure that they are as secure from being held to account in a legal sense as possible."

Did this just stop you in your tracks?

“if you are their lawyer your job is to make sure that they are as SECURE FROM BEING HELD TO ACCOUNT IN A LEGAL SENSE AS POSSIBLE”
In other words. You want to make sure your clients don’t say anything that would hold them accountable for the crime. If the Ramseys are innocent why would they say anything that would hold them accountable?

This just blew me away. Again, thanks to Lori the lurker. J

Tell us your thoughts about what the Ramseys and their supporters have said over the years that makes you feel they are not telling the truth.

Stewart long told the police that John Ramsey told him when he was in the car with him after they found JonBenet's body that he found her at 11 o'clock.

PMPT pg 53, Pam said Patsy said something like "we didn't mean for that to happen. "

Both are jaw droppers for me.

Korten's comment jumped out at me as well. Reminds me of JR's admission that his lawyers hired the PIs mostly to provide a defense for him but he "hoped" they were also looking for the killer.

Nearly everything Mary Lacy said and did was a jaw-dropper, such as the exoneration letter. Her comment to Kolar that she wouldn't subpoena B and JB's medical records because she "didn't want to harm her relationship with the" suspects, er, I mean, the family was pretty crazy. And then this is just a riot: in his book he relates that ML told him Tom Wickman had "reportedly observed the impression of someone's buttocks in the carpet of the hallway outside JB's 2nd floor bedroom" and he thought the killer had been waiting there while the family was out. When he asked Wickman, Wickman didn't have a clue what she meant. I mean, come on! Mary Lacy thinks a phantom butt print is going to solve the case!

In one of the Tracey documentaries they talk to an old colleague of Lou Smit's who talks him up as the greatest detective of all time. Then this guy says the parents couldn't have done it in a moment of rage because parents don't take the time to construct a garrote in a moment of blind anger...they throw the child or bash them on the head. Wait a minute, wasn't someone bashed on the head before being strangled? Can't recall...:facepalm:

In the Wolf depo, Hoffman asks JR to think back to his very first memories of reading the ransom note and asks what things about it immediately struck him as odd. The first thing out of John's mouth is that it was addressed Dear Mr. & Mrs. Ramsey. He thinks it's odd because the note never mentions Patsy after that and focuses solely on him.
Hold up. That's the practice note. The only note John would have read that morning started, "Mr. Ramsey, listen carefully." But his first memory involves reading "Dear Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey." More than anything I thought it was shocking Hoffman never followed up on that.

BR interview 13 days after JB death with child pyschologist Dr suzanne Bernard ( source from the bonita papers)
Dr. Bernhard asked Burke if he had any secrets, and he said, “probably, if I did, I wouldn't tell you, because then it wouldn’t be a secret.

wow....just wow :waitasec:

BR interview 13 days after JB death with child pyschologist Dr suzanne Bernard ( source from the bonita papers)
Dr. Bernhard asked Burke if he had any secrets, and he said, “probably, if I did, I wouldn't tell you, because then it wouldn’t be a secret.

wow....just wow :waitasec:

What is so odd about what he said?

What is so odd about what he said?

i never said it was odd?
cunning, clever, sophisticated even arrogant from anybody speaking to a shrink.....very telling from the mouth of a 9 year old.
burke is far more intelligent than given cred. imo

i never said it was odd?
cunning, clever, sophisticated even arrogant from anybody speaking to a shrink.....very telling from the mouth of a 9 year old.
burke is far more intelligent than given cred. imo

I have always found him to be a intelligent kid. But that particular comment of his never struck me as being telling from a 9 year old. I would think they know secrets aren't meant to be told.

I have always found him to be a intelligent kid. But that particular comment of his never struck me as being telling from a 9 year old. I would think they know secrets aren't meant to be told.

well to me the average pre pube kid struggles with secrets.....( which is a good thing!) especially difficult subject matter that you aren't mature enough to comprehend.. keeping that under lock and key would be hard for even an adult. certainly an enormous burden to bare. whether self serving or to protect somebody you love.imo
his attitude to the shrink is off putting and she stated so. dont quote me but i have seen her imply he needed far more follow up.

The fact that when JR talks about finding JBR on DP, he describes how he found her, brought her upstairs and says, "She looked peaceful."
This child had been gagged, assaulted, and strangled to death, arms tied up above her head. The rigor had kept her in that position as he brought her up the stairs, what about this vision appears peaceful?

The statements that they forgive and are not angry. They just want to know why? WTH?

The utterance, "he didn't mean to do it" when he brought JBR up stairs
I could go on and on and on....

The fact that when JR talks about finding JBR on DP, he describes how he found her, brought her upstairs and says, "She looked peaceful."
This child had been gagged, assaulted, and strangled to death, arms tied up above her head. The rigor had kept her in that position as he brought her up the stairs, what about this vision appears peaceful?

The statements that they forgive and are not angry. They just want to know why? WTH?

The utterance, "he didn't mean to do it" when he brought JBR up stairs
I could go on and on and on....
Just a small correction - her arms were not tied above her head. The cord around her wrists was staging only and was so loose it was never meant as a restriction. Her hands were contracted in front of her face like a boxer's defensive pose, as you can see from the leaked autopsy photographs. The National Enquirer artist who drew her arms above her head was fictionalizing her pose.

Also, she was never gagged. The duct tape or gaffer's tape was put on after she was already unconscious.

But even so, a child with a cord around her neck, arms locked in front of her face, stiff with rigor, and probably purple and starting to decompose,would not have looked "peaceful."

JR is trying to convince himself after all these years, that what happened to his daughter really didn't even happen, I suppose.

Just a small correction - her arms were not tied above her head. The cord around her wrists was staging only and was so loose it was never meant as a restriction. Her hands were contracted in front of her face like a boxer's defensive pose, as you can see from the leaked autopsy photographs. The National Enquirer artist who drew her arms above her head was fictionalizing her pose.

Also, she was never gagged. The duct tape or gaffer's tape was put on after she was already unconscious.

But even so, a child with a cord around her neck, arms locked in front of her face, stiff with rigor, and probably purple and starting to decompose,would not have looked "peaceful."

JR is trying to convince himself after all these years, that what happened to his daughter really didn't even happen, I suppose.

You are correct Mom. These things I posted are what JR coincidentally found that morning. Not gagged, but taped mouth. Peaceful? That goes hand in hand with them saying that JBR is in a better place now. It's not as though she died from a terminal illness. A healthy 6 year old that goes to bed on Christmas night but never lives to see another day is not "in a better place." moo

Like I said, John gave a lot away with that statement. People who die violent deaths LOOK like people who die violent deaths.

Like I said, John gave a lot away with that statement. People who die violent deaths LOOK like people who die violent deaths.
Agreed!
And she didn't look peaceful at all. She looked like she died violently and slowly. Poor baby!

And some people accuse RDI of trying to minimize what was done to her! I don't get it.

Because they twist words around. They say, "Look it was an intruder, a violent sexual sadist. How can you not see this you idiot?!!!!?"

I say yes it was violent but not an intruder.

This thread, thinking about stand out words from the Ramseys has got me thinking... There are so many of them! But, one that got my attention was from Patsy, during one of her and JR's TV interviews. Apologies that this is near, but not an exact quote: she said that there are two people on the face of this earth that know who did this- the killer, and the person he or she confided in. Does anyone else remember this, as I can't find the direct quote?

I remember at the time, that John's head whipped round, and he stared intently at PR when she said this. Back then, I felt convinced that she was talking about her and JR. But now, with the recent allegations about BR, maybe not?

Following this train of thought, if it is possibly true that BR is the killer, this indicates that he confided in someone else, but who? Was it PR (if she really did write the ransom note), or someone else, either another Ramsey, or even someone else?

Also, I'm just thinking that, if PR's statement was correct to her knowledge at that time, then that only implicates two people. Yet, there were three main suspects known to have been in the house that night (JR, PR and BR), so one of them is not included in that quote or scenario. Hope I'm making sense here, but if the killer is in fact BR, then was it JR who was left out of his confidence, or PR, or both of them, and BR "confided" in someone else? Or, is BR not actually the killer (to cover every possible option), and he was the confidante?

If I'm allowed to sneak in one more quote, from Pam Paugh (not strictly a Ramsey, but related as PR's sister), she apparently once said live on a TV interview that she knew who killed Jonbenet. She said there were two people, but only one was the killer, but didn't know which one of them it was. How could she "know" this, unless at least one Ramsey (BR?) was involved? And, again, where does this leave JR and PR? Just thought these were interesting questions to ponder...?

I've been going back through a few earlier threads from years ago, to read the poster Blue Crab's very interesting posts and ideas (as he was steadfastly BDI before all the recent CBS furore), and that's where I've just read about Pam Paugh's comments.

All Ramsey quotes bring up more further questions than answers!

This thread, thinking about stand out words from the Ramseys has got me thinking... There are so many of them! But, one that got my attention was from Patsy, during one of her and JR's TV interviews. Apologies that this is near, but not an exact quote: she said that there are two people on the face of this earth that know who did this- the killer, and the person he or she confided in. Does anyone else remember this, as I can't find the direct quote?

I remember at the time, that John's head whipped round, and he stared intently at PR when she said this. Back then, I felt convinced that she was talking about her and JR. But now, with the recent allegations about BR, maybe not?

Following this train of thought, if it is possibly true that BR is the killer, this indicates that he confided in someone else, but who? Was it PR (if she really did write the ransom note), or someone else, either another Ramsey, or even someone else?

Also, I'm just thinking that, if PR's statement was correct to her knowledge at that time, then that only implicates two people. Yet, there were three main suspects known to have been in the house that night (JR, PR and BR), so one of them is not included in that quote or scenario. Hope I'm making sense here, but if the killer is in fact BR, then was it JR who was left out of his confidence, or PR, or both of them, and BR "confided" in someone else? Or, is BR not actually the killer (to cover every possible option), and he was the confidante?

If I'm allowed to sneak in one more quote, from Pam Paugh (not strictly a Ramsey, but related as PR's sister), she apparently once said live on a TV interview that she knew who killed Jonbenet. She said there were two people, but only one was the killer, but didn't know which one of them it was. How could she "know" this, unless at least one Ramsey (BR?) was involved? And, again, where does this leave JR and PR? Just thought these were interesting questions to ponder...?

I've been going back through a few earlier threads from years ago, to read the poster Blue Crab's very interesting posts and ideas (as he was steadfastly BDI before all the recent CBS furore), and that's where I've just read about Pam Paugh's comments.

All Ramsey quotes bring up more further questions than answers!
I feel you on the all Ramsey's quotes
Bring more questions. I think everything they have said (and didn't say) is suspect honestly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If I'm allowed to sneak in one more quote, from Pam Paugh (not strictly a Ramsey, but related as PR's sister), she apparently once said live on a TV interview that she knew who killed Jonbenet. She said there were two people, but only one was the killer, but didn't know which one of them it was. How could she "know" this, unless at least one Ramsey (BR?) was involved? And, again, where does this leave JR and PR?
It leaves them as the "two people".

I cant hardly imagine one of the parents being left out of this equation. The case makes no sense at all when pulling one of her parents out of it. A safe bet that Patsy wrote the note and John was rearranging the basement that morning. If he had no involvement, he sure picked an odd time to start doing some early spring cleaning.

Bluecrab had a fairly elaborate BDI theory. Stun guns, Stine boy, Asian babysitters, etc.

A BDI theory isn't some new revelation just because CBS temporarily placed it on front street. You didn't say that obviously, I'm just making a general statement. It goes back to the very early years of this case. It simply never caught on over the past two decades. KOlar's book gave it a minor boost but then it receded. It will have a similar cycle this time. The focus will then veer back to John and Patsy.

Bluecrab is actually a great example to see how BDI plays out. It starts out simple but then comes the brick wall.....too much evidence and clues that have to be accounted for. So the theory either starts including various people colluding with him(Stine, babysitters) or it starts having him either write the note or assisting Patsy in the writing of the note and lately I've seen people mention him drawing the 'heart' on Jonbenet's hand. That little drawing probably doesn't have anything to do with that night's events but its an attempt to get him more deeply involved in what transpired.

Theories revolving around John and Patsy are the only ones with enough fuel to sustain them for decades. Everything else ranging from Burke, friendly intruders assisting him to the phantom ninja intruders always run out of gas.

I've seen otg and UK(and a few others) try to make a realistic case for it. While I'm not sold on Burke, I do applaud the effort. They take a middle ground approach between the overly simplistic scenario and the overly complex one ala Bluecrab and some others that have him throwing the kitchen sink.

I feel you on the all Ramsey's quotes
Bring more questions. I think everything they have said (and didn't say) is suspect honestly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Hi Positive Light, thanks for your reply! I agree with you about everything the Ramseys say being suspect. The problem is, once JR, PR and BR have all been shown to have lied about various things (whatever their reasons), even if they are telling the truth on some things, it becomes impossible to believe anything they say. Just like The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

I also agree, it's equally telling when you think of all the things they haven't said, that you would expect them to! Personally, because you have to take everything they say with a large pinch of salt, I don't think their own words can ultimately be used to solve the case, one way or the other. Still interesting to wonder about, though!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back