Touch DNA

whiskeygurl

Reaction score
I know this is actually new in forensic's. But I wonder if they were able to retrieve any touch DNA off the Gatorade Bottle, and all the other evidence collected at the site where her remains were found. Could this be what the D.A. wants to hide from the Defense Team. Could this be the smoking gun.

I know this is actually new in forensic's. But I wonder if they were able to retrieve any touch DNA off the Gatorade Bottle, and all the other evidence collected at the site where her remains were found. Could this be what the D.A. wants to hide from the Defense Team. Could this be the smoking gun.

That would be really cool-But I am not sure the state could or would attempt to keep the defense away from this kind of evidence.

are you wondering about kronk's dna?

I am wondering what you're wondering :biglaugh: because as caylee's mother, her dna would be expected to be all over caylee and her belongings. the only dna they'd all be on the lookout for would be dna to show someone who was not in the home etc.

I am obviously excluding say, kc's dna on the duct tape...I think that would be important :)

I'm wondering if they got any from the steering wheel? A touch of decomp maybe?

are you wondering about kronk's dna?

I am wondering what you're wondering :biglaugh: because as caylee's mother, her dna would be expected to be all over caylee and her belongings. the only dna they'd all be on the lookout for would be dna to show someone who was not in the home etc.

I am obviously excluding say, kc's dna on the duct tape...I think that would be important :)

If the item's were tested that was found at the remains site for touch DNA it would exclude the defense's theory of Kronk. I am curious if they tested that syringe, gatorade bottle, garbage bags, duct tape & if they could test the car itself like the steering wheel like another poster mentioned here for decomposition touch DNA. They used this method in the JonBenet Ramsey case.

I'm sure they tested every inch of that car for decomp. And I also feel sure we would have heard by now if they found KC's fingerprints with decomp on them.

I'm not sure that touch DNA would be available on the items found at the site where Caylee was found. All of those items were exposed to moisture, time, bacteria, funguses and heat. Those kinds of things cause DNA to degrade pretty badly. The same kinds of things that cause fingerprints to degrade.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back