Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to everyone from outside of Chicago.....I have been reading every post on here with great interest. I am glad to see that things are moving along with the courts. Lots of really, really super sleuthing on here.

I have had personal experience with a neighborhood RSO, and amazing attitudes by people around me, so am especially interested in this case
( despite no remorse by the RSO, some neighbors were actually angered when told of his presence, did not want to know, said he had "paid his debt to society") I was actually shunned by some neighbors for spreading the word, was called a gossip....
when will people wake up? I live in a highly educated area......but amazing that these attitudes persist! One neighbor went so far as to ask the RSO to help her with her computer....he had been convicted of internet related crimes!!! So, yes, he was more than qualified!

If I ever find out that there is an RSO in my neighborhood again, I will be very careful of how I put the word out. Remember, not everyone is online, or watches/reads the news, so I feel obligated to spread the word, most especially to those with children, but will tell people anonymously from now on.....

May poor Brooke rest in peace, and may the rest of society wake up to a very real problem in our midst.

Welcome to WS, Lalaw! I was glad to read a few minutes ago that Jacques will be in court today, too!

I still haven't seen a photo of Ray Gagnon and I hope that the media can land one of those today. The back of his head sketch did nothing to tell us what this jerk looks like.

I still think that WAS Gagnon at the arraignment of MJ linked here last night. If you watch that video, he almost looks like he's trying to get MJ's attention when he first walked into the courtroom. Just the way he jutted his head out forward and then sat on the edge of his chair during the proceedings.

IMO, it was him.

JMHO
fran

Originally posted by fran: LE always says 'there is no coincidence when it comes to murder.'
I like that one. You are right...too many here with the same link of child *advertiser censored*. There has to be more going on.

Don't be sorry! :) I just thought it might help some to get a better perspective on the reasons this autopsy could take so long. This case is very complex and we do want them to be thorough!

Thank you for the welcome!

And yes, your link is great. Do you think Brooke had maybe been given the 'Date Rape' drug at some point?

Don't be sorry! :) I just thought it might help some to get a better perspective on the reasons this autopsy could take so long. This case is very complex and we do want them to be thorough!

Yes. And, I hope they wait to release the findings until the funeral has taken place.

Hello to everyone from outside of Chicago.....I have been reading every post on here with great interest. I am glad to see that things are moving along with the courts. Lots of really, really super sleuthing on here.

I have had personal experience with a neighborhood RSO, and amazing attitudes by people around me, so am especially interested in this case
( despite no remorse by the RSO, some neighbors were actually angered when told of his presence, did not want to know, said he had "paid his debt to society") I was actually shunned by some neighbors for spreading the word, was called a gossip....
when will people wake up? I live in a highly educated area......but amazing that these attitudes persist! One neighbor went so far as to ask the RSO to help her with her computer....he had been convicted of internet related crimes!!! So, yes, he was more than qualified!

If I ever find out that there is an RSO in my neighborhood again, I will be very careful of how I put the word out. Remember, not everyone is online, or watches/reads the news, so I feel obligated to spread the word, most especially to those with children, but will tell people anonymously from now on.....

May poor Brooke rest in peace, and may the rest of society wake up to a very real problem in our midst.

This is the mindset that holds that all criminals are really victims....victims of poverty, sloppy police work, victims of child abuse...and so forth...and who in tandem with that ideology also think that "rehabilitation" is the answer and that when it fails, overwhelmingly as it does, the probelm is not the offender but the program...more money and more support are the answer, not to, god forbid, hold the perp responsible.

It is this mindset that allows rapists and murderers to continue to collect victims...if Jacques had been stopped with his first or second sexual attack, Brooke would be alive and AR might have the hope of a normal life.

fran, I so agree with you! I think it is at the very least a child *advertiser censored* circle. I hope LE will show Savannah a picture of Kevin in a photo lineup to just verify if she has seen him or not!
I think that Jacques has been making and selling it for a long time. Just my opinion!

IF I were LE, I would definitely be checking out to see if Gagnon is somehow connected to that John Stephen relative of the roommate. Maybe that's who Kevin gave the safe to! I'd also be questioning the roommate's gf's daugher to see if she has been approached by Gagnon.

This could get messy. Ehhh......messyer. (is that a word?):waitasec:

JMHO
fran

Yes. And, I hope they wait to release the findings until the funeral has taken place.

I am with you there, CarpeDiem. Tomorrow and Wednesday are for Brooke. And she will be treated with the dignity she deserved in life rather than the last day she was with us.

I hope the two plead guilty.
What are the chances of that......

:chicken::chicken:

IF I were LE, I would definitely be checking out to see if Gagnon is somehow connected to that John Stephen relative of the roommate. Maybe that's who Kevin gave the safe to! I'd also be questioning the roommate's gf's daugher to see if she has been approached by Gagnon.

This could get messy. Ehhh......messyer. (is that a word?):waitasec:

JMHO
fran

Uh, messier - is that a word? I dunno.

I am sure you already know that the J. S. that you refer to is listed as absconded on the Texas RSO site. He is out there somewhere and EVERYONE deserves to know where!

I am with you there, CarpeDiem. Tomorrow and Wednesday are for Brooke. And she will be treated with the dignity she deserved in life rather than the last day she was with us.

Let's hope. :blowkiss:

Someone said Gagnons pic was on the front page of Burlington Free Press yesterday, but unfortunately guess it didnt make it to the online version. Grrrrrrr!

Jacques will NEVER plead guilty.

Gagnon, he's already admitted a lot of stuff, it depends on what kind of lawyer he gets, if he gets an ethical attorney he may plead guilty in return for a lighter sentence and to testify against Jacques, if he gets a Westerfield type defense attorney then he won't plead guilty,he will say the cops cooerced him into falsely confessing his kiddie *advertiser censored* collection..which so far has not been recovered and he will repudiate his confession about assaulting AR.

In some instances, the cause of death may be readily apparent at the time of autopsy, but the manner of death is not known. An example of the latter is a person dying in a house fire from smoke inhalation and burns. We can see soot in the airway, and we can see burns. However, we cannot tell from autopsy what started the fire. That answer must come from the arson investigation (which is outside the purview of the medical examiner). As manner of death (homicide, suicide or accident) will then hinge on that determination, we must await conclusion of the investigation. Other examples of the latter are head injuries where nobody saw the traumatic incident, and some close range gunshot wounds (where gunshot residue analysis, range determination, firearms examination, and police investigation may all be necessary to arrive at a determination between suicide, homicide or accident).

Furthermore, in order for accredited forensic toxicology laboratory results to be considered legally valid the results must be confirmed by two types of tests. Toxicology tests will take longer if multiple drugs are involved, if unusual drugs are involved, or if the person is decomposed.

Finally, one must consider the possibility that the pathologist's initial suspicions are not confirmed. For example, if the pathologist suspects drug toxicity but the initial toxicology report reveals only low levels of drugs or no drugs at all. In these cases, the pathologist may submit additional tissues to reevaluate specific parts of the heart muscle or brain, while at the same time consulting with the toxicologist to pursue testing for more unusual or exotic drugs that weren't originally analyzed, while at the same time asking the police to return to the scene of death to ascertain more information, or perhaps to interview additional witnesses. Each death is different, and the findings in each case are different. Additional follow-up is determined as results are obtained. Obviously in such multi-step investigations the process may be lengthy, and the requisite time necessary may not be entirely under the control of the pathologist.

http://www.co.harris.tx.us/me/FAQ.aspx#ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_SectionViewer1_section167 (Bolded by me)

Thank you for this info SS it gives me a clearer picture:).

Most criminals feel they are either innocent or was justified in what they did. The prison's are full of them.

This country needs to refine their laws on Internet child *advertiser censored* and ALL *advertiser censored*. LE has to be so sure that the Search Warrants are refined as well. If you go to familyinternet.info/cases_1.htm, you will see what I mean. Also, it mentions the 'relative' of Kevin's - it is not the one linked to earlier.

I sort of expect Gagnon to plead guilty, but doubt Jacques will.

Jacques will NEVER plead guilty.

Gagnon, he's already admitted a lot of stuff, it depends on what kind of lawyer he gets, if he gets an ethical attorney he may plead guilty in return for a lighter sentence and to testify against Jacques, if he gets a Westerfield type defense attorney then he won't plead guilty,he will say the cops cooerced him into falsely confessing his kiddie *advertiser censored* collection..which so far has not been recovered and he will repudiate his confession about assaulting AR.

Remember when Westerfield tried to say the child *advertiser censored* on his computer was from his son? That was unreal. The monster threw everyone under the bus in an attempt to escape justice.

Remember when Westerfield tried to say the child *advertiser censored* on his computer was from his son? That was unreal. The monster threw everyone under the bus in an attempt to escape justice.

The Westerfield trial stands out in my mind as the single most disgusting, immoral, unethical performance by any defense attorney in modern times.

Thank you for the welcome!

And yes, your link is great. Do you think Brooke had maybe been given the 'Date Rape' drug at some point?
Personally, I don't. It would be preferred, but I think he is sadistic enough that he wanted her to be fully aware during the entire ordeal. :(

The Westerfield trial stands out in my mind as the single most disgusting, immoral, unethical performance by any defense attorney in modern times.

Ahhh, yes,........and remember after the trial was over, we found out that Westerfield had actually copped a guilty plea in a deal with the DA for 'no death penalty,' but the DA pulled it back because they found Danielle's body without help from Westerfield. And his attorney still acted like that!:eek:

He knew the was guilty! (during the trial)

JMHO
fran

Could it be that Gagnon plans to testify against Jacques and that he could be in some sort of danger by doing so? It could explain why his picture hasn't been released to the public. Of course, if his face was plastered across the front page of the Sunday newspaper, that theory is shot. I was just thinking that maybe they'd come up with evidence of *advertiser censored* being bought/sold and that perhaps Gagnon was throwing out names that otherwise wouldn't be connected to the case. It's a long shot, but the fact that it's taken so long to see his face is certainly odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer