George's Gun: Who notified the police?

Status
Not open for further replies.
17417780_200X150.jpg

George looks possessed!

I too think that perhaps it was Lee..whoever it was I feel that that person told LE because they felt that someone in the home would use the gun
didn't LE ask the family is they owned a gun or ever had one?

What is puzzling is that the police showed up at the Anthony's house at 3:30 am (approximately) apparently armed with a warrant to get the gun. So...it's almost like someone was trying to scare them by having the police show up there in the middle of the night.

The family's behavior is disgusting! First of all, I would like to say WHY did the judge rule not to send her back to jail when they found the gun in George Anthony's car??? The family knew they had one and they knew they weren't suppose to. Even if Casey didn't know about the gun, which who knows what she knew or didn't know, but the family is suppose to be accountable for her while on house arrest basically. They should of revoked her bail when they found the gun!

Here are some thoughts: This is kind of a twisted theory, but, we really don't know exactly what happened to Caylee. The evidence looks like Caylee was probably chloroformed. But what if someone else knows what really happened to Caylee or suspects, but doesn't want to be directly involved in the case - maybe they don't want to be a suspect or maybe they are a neighbor who heard something, and the gun is actually some kind of evidence and that person was tipping off police in a round about way to get the weapon into their hands?

Or another theory is that maybe they were just trying to get Casey rearrested. Maybe it was a neighbor who was fed up with the protestors who knew George kept a gun there.

Or another theory is that wherever they are handing out missing posters, one of the volunteers went to get something out of George's SUV and inadvertently saw the gun in there and notified the police.

I too think Baez called it in after discussing the issue with the Anthonys.

I'm not so sure. I think if JB had called it in, he would have arranged to surrender the weapon in a quieter manner, and it would not have taken a search warrant. If he did it this was and annonymously then he gets into a sort of ethical conundrum. It would also indicate some strain between him and the GP's.

I don't think it came from any bug or wiretap either. The judge looked at it and decided that KC did not know about it and as such it did not violate her terms of bail. So it probably was not spoken of in the open in the house.

Lee strikes me as the most likely. He would probably know that the gun was there. His fathers behavior and deteriorating state is obviously concerning him, note how quickly he got the hammer away from dad during the incident with the protestors. And honestly I think he probably would prefer Casey back behind bars. He knows she is lying to everybody. That was obvious from the jail tapes. he sees how unconcerned she becomes when she is out, and he sees what this circus is doing to his parents. I get the impression that the conversations people have with him in private are very diferent from the public back the family line no matter how insane.

I haven't seen this discussed here. Who do you think notified the police about the handgun in George's car wheel well. I am thinking that not a lot of people would be aware of the weapon or where he was keeping it. I am also wondering if he had recently put it in the wheel well or if he normally keeps it there.

I think it was Lee :rolleyes:

I posted my theory on an earlier thread, but I don't mind repeating it here (I never mind hearing myself talk:)

I think George had the gun in the car to keep it out of the house. He probably convinced himself that he was not violating the confinement conditions because the gun wasn't technically in the house. By midnight, or probably earlier the tension in the house must have been unbelievable and George realized that a gun anywhere near any of them was not a good thing and he called LE himself and said come get it. I think he ratted himself out, knowing his temper and the current unstable condition of Cindy and Casey

Perhaps someone in LE decided to run a weapons check and see if there were any guns registered to George or Cindy, found there was and asked Lee or someone else where George kept it? Got the search warrant and bingo. Edited to add: Or they found George had the gun registered, got the search warrant for the car/residence and asked HIM where he kept it.

17417780_200X150.jpg

George looks possessed!
no he doesnt .. he looks pissed off .. and hurt and angry and not beleiving this is happening . i dont think he anticipated ever getting into a mess like this in his life . and NO im not defending him .. he is spiraling out of control . with 100;s of people screaming at me outside my house . my granddaughter dead and daughter to blame possibly . id go off the deep end too . im seriously suprised he and cindy havnt had heart attacks or strokes by now .

(And not for nothing, but if you have a weapon for self-defense, do you tell the carjackers to hang on a minute while you check your spare tire?)

LOL! I was thinking the same thing.

I've missed something.. why are posters adressing Casey as KC?

Her initials "CA" would be indistinguishable from Cindy Anthony's. So "KC" becomes the logical replacement initials!

I don't think that anyone called it in. I think that LE ran a check to see if he had any firearms licensed. they found out out he did, went to the house, asked where it was, GA told them and they went and got it. Obviously the weapon was legally registered or GA would have been arrested on a weapons violation.

JMO ~ I think the house has :ears: and George told on himself ~ :)

Me too.

Coulda been Lee, ears in the house, eyes in the trees and on power poles, neighbors at the windows, reporters in the bushes.....

That was my thought, too - Lee, Cindy, or George's LE friend from Ohio.

Who else would know it was in there?

(And not for nothing, but if you have a weapon for self-defense, do you tell the carjackers to hang on a minute while you check your spare tire?)
I don't know Florida law, but here you cannot have a loaded gun concealed anywhere in your car except your trunk. Glovebox is illegal. You still need a permit for a concealed weapon to hide it.

I know the state my ex-huband lives in gave him a permit to carry a concealed weapon with no restrictions at all. This is a man who has been diagnosed as depressed and bi-polar. He has an anger problem like George and someonne's gonna get shot someday imo. Here you cannot have a handgun permit if you have had any mental illness at all, or any suicide attempts.

no he doesnt .. he looks pissed off .. and hurt and angry and not beleiving this is happening . i dont think he anticipated ever getting into a mess like this in his life . and NO im not defending him .. he is spiraling out of control . with 100;s of people screaming at me outside my house . my granddaughter dead and daughter to blame possibly . id go off the deep end too . im seriously suprised he and cindy havnt had heart attacks or strokes by now .

Hundreds??? Let's exaggerate a little shall we? It doesn't matter; it still does not give him the right to put his hands on any of them. There's a simple trick they teach you in anger management - it's called ignore.

It's easy to see where there are rumors or his attacking his own father. The man clearly has a problem that he has never addressed. The minute he touched another person, he lost any respect from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23