Trial Thread 4/18/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Online profile at odds with image Rafferty presented to women he dated, trial hears
TIMOTHY APPLEBY

And of all the oddities, none was more jarring than the message he posted a few hours before he allegedly kidnapped, raped and beat to death eight-year-old Victoria (Tori) Stafford.

“Everything good is comming (sic) my way,” he wrote at 10:01 a.m. (EST) on April 8, 2009.

Tori was abducted at roughly 3:35 p.m. the same day. No explanation was offered as to what Mr. Rafferty had meant in this, the first entry in his 22-minute computer session that morning. But despite being a digital aficionado, updates to his profile were infrequent.

His previous entry, where he asked rhetorically, “Where are my good old friends, I need them with me...to get ahold of me so we can meet up,” had been on April 2.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...to-women-he-dated-trial-hears/article2406549/

Most striking in Mr. Rafferty’s “About Me” Facebook component is how long it is. He had been on Facebook for more than two years when he allegedly raped and killed Tori, the trial was told, providing ample opportunity to fix typos and other shortfalls.

But there seemed to be no sign he was aware of how poor his prose was.

Under “Activities,” he wrote: “Well, I enjoy dancing and can movie when I want to I love camping and value friends more than life it’s self lol If that means anything.”

He said he had “many accomplishments and am greatful for having a chance to do.”

He was saddened by his failures but was “slowly becoming someone."

Ms. McClintic’s Facebook profile was also scrutinized by Detective-Constable Waldron, who among other things noted that whatever the relationship between the two accused killers, they were not friends on Facebook.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...to-women-he-dated-trial-hears/article2406549/

Oh no oh no! I am trying to fight it back but I cannot!!!!

If the gloves dont fit you must acquit.

Sorry ... but it had to be said lol!

ROFLMAO Just dont come out with a Baezism or it's Game On!!!!!!! LOL

If he did rape Tori, do you think the reason why his dating activity after the 8th might have to do with the fact that he wanted to get rid of the image of what he did, just like a rape victim would take a hot shower after to get the dirty out?
Or maybe he couldn't get it up with a woman anymore and kept trying different ones.

I'm grateful to these woman for speaking in court and doing the right thing. It's not easy to expose one's private life to the entire world and reveal vulnerabilities.

For me, these women are heroines for speaking up for little Victoria. Nice that there are such brave, good-hearted people in the world--a great contrast to the cowards. jmo

respectfully, it's not like they had much of a choice ...

This may have already been said, but IMO, MTR was acting out like a sex addict.

IMO, this may have been the problem with the ladies, no substance, just the act itself. (shiver) blah!!!

This line from a famous movie always rings a chord for me when I think of MTR.

Director: Howard Deutch, Writer: John Hughes

"She thinks you're s_ _ _ and deep down, you know she's right."

And MTR just kept moving on ....... NEXT!!!! ewwww

Just MOO

She really sums him up well.

I would venture to say that most pre-teen children are more together than he is, in terms of responsibility and accountability. Honestly, he's like a 4-year old in a man's body. No judgment, no impulse control, no concept that anyone else exists but him. There was a line about the Norway mass murderer that reminded me of him - "The only tears he shed were for himself."

Personality wise, he seems to be on the same rung of the evolutionary ladder as TLM, with the one key difference being that he cares deeply about his image, whereas she has no illusions.

So spot on. Again the perfect storm of two Sociopaths minds. MOO

I can't help but feel sorry for these women now as they read the newspapers and see how HE DUPED them! He likely tried to make each one feel like his one and only and yet he had an "exceptionally busy penis".

But there seemed to be no sign he was aware of how poor his prose was.

Under “Activities,” he wrote: “Well, I enjoy dancing and can movie when I want to I love camping and value friends more than life it’s self lol If that means anything.”

He said he had “many accomplishments and am greatful for having a chance to do.”

Clearly, passing English can not be a prerequisite to earning a Master's Degree in Culinary Arts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello_Kitty
I think that it's weird that he would say that he thought police blamed him for the disappearance of Tori all along knowing that he was to blame. I just don't understand how some people here can just gloss over that and say there is nothing wrong with MTR.

Well maybe you haven't, but I have as I'm sure alot others have noticed. But the point is, there is no excuse for his behavior, but "some" people seem to think it is normal. The above example I noted is just one example of many.

I am confused, who are the "some" people you are referring to? TIA

I just realized he had no motivation to falsify his Facebook profile and All About Me info, etc. It was his POF account he was using to meet woman, not his Facebook account. JMO

"Sadness in my life is, I think, my hardest task. I have bad days more than good, I think. I think I dwell on the past and wish I could go back and change some things," the accused child killer wrote on his Facebook information page

"Sadly, I let the people down I care for most and don't really know how to fix it."

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/18/19651396.html

I wonder when he wrote these statements.

I can't help but feel sorry for these women now as they read the newspapers and see how HE DUPED them! He likely tried to make each one feel like his one and only and yet he had an "exceptionally busy penis".

It is sad. I do feel sorry for these women. Perhaps in a different way. We teach our children to not trust a stranger and to trust that funny tummy feeling. They are children. I get that. I feel sad that women today are not strong and confident enough to trust that feeling. And some compromise their children because of it.

It is sad. I do feel sorry for these women. Perhaps in a different way. We teach our children to not trust a stranger and to trust that funny tummy feeling. They are children. I get that. I feel sad that women today are not strong and confident enough to trust that feeling. And some compromise their children because of it.

I very much agree!!!!

I just realized he had no motivation to falsify his Facebook profile and All About Me info, etc. It was his POF account he was using to meet woman, not his Facebook account. JMO

Agree

Clearly, passing English can not be a prerequisite to earning a Master's Degree in Culinary Arts.

LOL Nor did he have spell check LOL or perhaps too high to care?

He seemed to be using FB to reconnect or stay connected with old "friends"...well the female ones anyway. Not sure he ever had any males ones. So in his true pathological lying way, he "embellished" that too.

I wonder if any of his relatives who knew better were friends on there?

MOO

RaffertyLFP: Derstine points out songs by Necro on McClintic site

No more questions. No reexamination. Henry asks jurors, jokingly, to resist urge to log on to Facebook and Plenty if Fish. Back at 10
am.

correction: No more questions. No reexamination. Heeney asks jurors, jokingly, to resist urge to log on to Facebook and Plenty of Fish. Back at 10 am.

RaffertyLFP: Derstiine wraps up Court adjourned to 10 am

Things have changed a little since the 1st day of trial, if the Judge is saying this.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member