CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lily--You bring up a valid point. It's been mentioned that Ms. Gleave had problems with her knees and that's why she gave up golf. I wonder if she received some sort of home health care visits. For some reason, that doesn't sound like her but if she was in pain, that could change things. I doubt she was one to complain, given what I've read about her.

My guess is that she relied on her handyman to take care of things around the house and her friends for companionship. I'm starting to wonder if the shepherds had gotten too much for her. She might have been seeking some sort of sedative for them. I've read that she used a flyswatter to control them but I have a hard time believing that that would keep spirited shepherds in line unless they had been well trained.

From dotr's link concerning profiling serial killers (if this was a serial killing):

http://www.victimsofviolence.on.ca/rev2/index.php? option=com_content&task=view&id=362&Itemid=52

25-35 years of age
white males (85%) (there have been very few documented cases of female serial killers)
kill same type of victim in same way
charming/likable
possibility of physical deformities (i.e. webbed feet)
average or above intelligence
abuse as child/dysfunctional childhood
psychopaths
few social attachments
interest in violent *advertiser censored*, bondage equipment, detective magazines (83%)
keep records of offences (53%)
no arrest histories (57%)
history of some kind of head/brain injury
alcohol/drug abuse
mobile; travel frequently
follow crime story in media
like the publicity/notoriety
kill within their own race
may return to scene of the crime or burial
compulsive/obsessive (i.e. multiple showers a day)
keep souvenirs or body parts of victims
likely to have been interviewed by the police in the serial killings investigation
sadistic treatment towards animals as a child
play with/start fires as a child
work alone (about 25% of serial killers have a partner or group)

http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/article/473562--mcmaster-student-charged-with-threatening
McMaster student charged with threatening

A 17-year-old McMaster University student is facing a charge of uttering threats after leaving a note at campus Wednesday.

Hamilton police would not elaborate on the natures of the note or who it may have targeted, but say it was enough to generate concern from campus security and Hamilton police. It was left in public view.

Police reacted swiftly, because the campus is a populated area, said Sergeant Terri-Lynn Collings.

The 17-year-old was held for a bail hearing Thursday.

If I read the comments section under the artlice correctly the threatening note was to do with the strike and student frustration.

http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/article/473562--mcmaster-student-charged-with-threatening
McMaster student charged with threatening

A 17-year-old McMaster University student is facing a charge of uttering threats after leaving a note at campus Wednesday.

Hamilton police would not elaborate on the natures of the note or who it may have targeted, but say it was enough to generate concern from campus security and Hamilton police. It was left in public view.

Police reacted swiftly, because the campus is a populated area, said Sergeant Terri-Lynn Collings.

The 17-year-old was held for a bail hearing Thursday.

I was thinking of Audrey's new Camaro, and that it is a vehicle that a young person might be pretty intrigued with. However, I would think if Audrey heard someone in her garage messing with that new car, she wouldn't have opened the garage door without her dogs beside her.

Thinking of Audrey's personal property, her real estate alone had to be worth quite a bit of money. Do we know who the beneficiaries of her Will are?

That's never been mentioned. Her dear friend, LV, is the executor and donations were requested for the SPCA. Her obituary made it clear that she has no family. The only two survivors mentioned are LV and her friend, PK.

Wouldn't that be fabulous if she left the property to the SPCA? That would be quite a legacy.

While we wait for forensics results or any update on the investigation, I made a few screenshots from video clips for you to see Missizzy.

R a i n i n g

attachment.php
attachment.php

flower beds?
attachment.php

Not sure why the video shows this view - why is LE tape at that place? was Audrey's body found there?

attachment.php
attachment.php

These pics show LE collecting "items" ...​

-- http://www.thespec.com/videozone/308661

-- http://www.chchnews.ca/index.php/home/item/1624

Attachments

• Audrey_11.png
    Audrey_11.png
    287.6 KB · Views: 160
  • Audrey_12.png
    Audrey_12.png
    259 KB · Views: 163
  • Audrey_13.png
    Audrey_13.png
    381.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Audrey_14.png
    Audrey_14.png
    321.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Audrey_15.png
    Audrey_15.png
    347 KB · Views: 158
You are so kind, Hazel, thank you. It's probably helpful for others to able to study them too. I'm not sure about the "flower beds". Being that there's a pond so close, those look like stalks of pond rushes. Not sure if they would stay standing during your winters but they do in ours. And the wooded area that is taped off seems to be quite dense. Someone could surely lurk there and observe.

I just started a very disturbing thread. It's about the "satanic thrill killing" of a 93 year old woman in Wisconsin. Stabbed repeatedly in her home. Very very sad and far more than what I would call dabbling. Murder, clear and simple, with satanism as a motive.

I still have my concerns about the cemetery being a gathering spot for such things. That's why I asked, upthread, if anyone knew if Ms. Gleave would call LE for something strange going on at the cemetery, if she'd run people off her self or if she'd leave them be. It's entirely possible that, if there were occasional gatherings there, someone had seen her sitting outside to smoke or letting the dogs out. Most people let their dogs out just before bedtime and that could have been a late hour. Not sure what kind of hours she kept.

Thanks again, Hazel.

{{{Not sure why the video shows this view - why is LE tape at that place? was Audrey's body found there?}}}

Didn't LE say they founds items believed to be from Audrey's place in the woods.

They would have taped the area off where they found them.

Just putting it out there ...

Thinking of cemeteries, satanic activities, "homeless man" David L. S, and the rented barn ... then revisiting some Brantford weirdness from a couple of years ago re the David Lee Roth (Van Halen) imposter, David K of Kitchener/Cambridge area, also known as David P. Angel:

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?archive=true&e=1115734

FWIW, Blinkhorn was found not guilty be reason of insanity.

One comment stated recently was a person who claimed they used to go to "that barn" until they were chased with an axe. So, who goes to a purportedly abandoned barn and why?

David K's father (David Sr) and uncle Paul were owners/executives of an established company. Before David Sr died, he said he heard his son was in Chilliwack, BC. Subsequent info was that David Jr was trying to get back to Ontario. Don't know if he made it back, but his uncle Paul suffered a lengthy illness and died Dec 29 2010.

Might be a long shot, but better than no shot at all. There is still lots of sleuthing going on behind the curtain, but there sure are some interesting dots to follow.

Sillybilly--FWIW, that comment about "going to the barn until a guy chased them with an axe" (paraphrased) was posted following two articles concerning the search of the barn. It makes no sense to me as to why someone would go to a barn, which was abandoned (thus no animals), unless it was for some sort of illegal activity. Was it a place where kids hung out and drank or smoked pot? Was it a place where occult activity took place? A place to store stolen goods? Was it a place for midnight trysts? Why go there if an unstable man with an axe was known to be in residence?

And I have to wonder why someone would even implicate themselves and say that they used to go there.

Hmmm. I just checked and I don't see the comment now. This is snipped from my Post #69 on January 5th. I believe I posted it as soon as I saw it. This was from an article on thespec.com:

Posted by jessie2327:

"...this barn is a place i used to go until this man chased me with an axe...."

FWIW, looks like a number of comments (many quite rude) have been removed.

It's still here, though, posted on the 5th:

http://brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2913418

by the same person. This is where the comment about the basement is.

Keep up the great work you guys and gals, you're doing a great job of thinking outside the box and being creative, that's all we have at the moment. I hope forensics will provide results ASAP. I'm still working up a theory trying to prove/disprove that AG, Sonia, Shelley, Brenda's crimes are or are not related, regardless of distance. Which is all of about an hour driving distance. So far I've come up with maybe a commonality of McMaster alumni. Along with some other incidental stuff.

God bless all the victims and their families.

I note on Audrey's condolences page that a well-known photographer named JH seemed to know Audrey quite well. He was the one that informed her that her nickname "baryon" was a subatomic particle. I believe AG prolly already knew what it meant, but was far too polite to let on.

http://beckettglaves.frontrunnerpro...ondolenceView&viewOpt=dpaneOnly&ItemId=619536

I remember lots of big names in Kitchener-Waterloo from back in the day (don't ask what day ;)). Seems a JH went to St. Jeromes in Kitchener where at least one member of the well-known Kuntz family attended. A lot of JH's pics of St. Jeromes are on the internet:

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&biw=801...hn+hartig"++"st.+jeromes"&fp=e4f1fb23c985c996

According to his obituary, David K's uncle Paul that died on Dec 29 attended St. Jeromes as well:

http://www.therecord.com/news/busin...s-efforts-helped-firm-weather-economic-storms

Don't know how Audrey knew JH, but it does seem to have the potential for a connection between Audrey and the bizarre imposter DK.

I was thinking of Audrey's new Camaro, and that it is a vehicle that a young person might be pretty intrigued with. However, I would think if Audrey heard someone in her garage messing with that new car, she wouldn't have opened the garage door without her dogs beside her.

Thinking of Audrey's personal property, her real estate alone had to be worth quite a bit of money. Do we know who the beneficiaries of her Will are?

I am also wondering who AG's beneficiaries would be considering she didn't have any family members. Perhaps she did leave her property to the OSPCA or other animal welfare agencies given that AG was such an animal lover. She likely provided for the continuing care of her dogs.
I wonder if the police found any valuable clues in items found inside her home. Perhaps these items could be diaries, address books, appointment records, home repair receipts or any other form of correspondence. We know that AG had a number of computers so I'm sure these are being examined by forensic experts. AG may also have a safety deposit box in some bank; this could be helpful as well.
I'm sure that AG's property is quite valuable. In Ontario realtors must disclose if anything untoward took place in or on a property and this would include murder, suicide or any other serious crime. It would be mentioned in some form on the listing. It would likely say something like 'please call listing agent' prior to writing up an Agreement of Purchase and Sale. Sadly there are many folks who wouldn't want to touch the property because of the gruesome crime but some may not be bothered by it. It's possible that one would tear it down and build new. It's difficult to say.
I hope that forensic results are providing useful information to help in identifying this monster.

I note on Audrey's condolences page that a well-known photographer named JH seemed to know Audrey quite well. He was the one that informed her that her nickname "baryon" was a subatomic particle. I believe AG prolly already knew what it meant, but was far too polite to let on.

http://beckettglaves.frontrunnerpro...ondolenceView&viewOpt=dpaneOnly&ItemId=619536

I remember lots of big names in Kitchener-Waterloo from back in the day (don't ask what day ;)). Seems a JH went to St. Jeromes in Kitchener where at least one member of the well-known Kuntz family attended. A lot of JH's pics of St. Jeromes are on the internet:

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&biw=801...hn+hartig"++"st.+jeromes"&fp=e4f1fb23c985c996

According to his obituary, David K's uncle Paul that died on Dec 29 attended St. Jeromes as well:

http://www.therecord.com/news/busin...s-efforts-helped-firm-weather-economic-storms

Don't know how Audrey knew JH, but it does seem to have the potential for a connection between Audrey and the bizarre imposter DK.
Now old friends have identified the Roth impostor as David Kuntz of Cambridge. Later in life, he also went by the name David P. Angel.
http://www.simcoereformer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?archive=true&e=1116345
(Could this be considered in certain other cases?!)
Kuntz could not be found yesterday. The only David Kuntz in Cambridge is located on Rosewood Court but has a phone number that's no longer in service.

"I went to high school with the guy," said one man who asked that his name not be used.

"We were sort of close friends and I know he gets people into trouble. He's a manipulator."

That seems borne out in coverage of the trial of Kim Blinkhorn, a partner of Kuntz's in 1988.

When Kuntz announced he was going to marry another woman, Blinkhorn purchased an eight-inch carving knife and attacked Rowena Parsons, stabbing her 70 times. The attack took place right in front of Parsons' and Kuntz's three-year-old daughter

I wonder if there is a connection here. At first I thought not because it seems the victim who wasn't home was kidnapped in Hamilton and taken to an address not in Ancaster, so maybe coincidental that the victim was from Ancaster. Then I read that Detectives don't think this is a random attack so maybe the two knew each other and the perp would know he lived in Ancaster.

http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/article/475685--kidnapper-armed-and-dangerous-police

We know that AG had a number of computers so I'm sure these are being examined by forensic experts.
<snip>

Although Audrey was retired, given her intellect, her love of teaching, I wonder if she did any tutoring. Could explain why she had different computers in her home.

Pondering Audrey's friendship with the well-known wedding photographer JH. Could just be old money, old connections, but i'm wondering if he was the photographer at the handyman's wedding last year and that's where they met. Or, maybe Audrey had professional photos taken of her beloved dogs, but i would think she could have found a photographer closer to home and less expensive.

Or, maybe Audrey just happened to know a photographer. That's a novel concept sillybilly. :crazy:

Any chance the sexual assault could have been 'staged', or completed after the fact on purpose to make it look like a crazed, sexually-motivated psycho killed her? (In this theory it would actually be a friend or acquaintance trying to draw attention away from themselves.)

You're all doing a magnificent job with this case, by the way. We've got an amazing amount of brain power here at WS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member