Has DT Prepared ICA for Upcoming Verdict?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting to hear from some lawyers, or people who have experience with this type of thing, what the "norm" is on how defense lawyers "handle" their clients and prepare them for the outcome of a verdict.

I agree with everyone else that has posted. I think ICA thinks she's gonna walk, and the DT has probably just been placating her in order to keep her quiet and behaving in court.

Yes, I'd really like to know. It's so hard to imagine not being prepared, to some extent, for something of this magnitude. I know that we are talking about ICA and every reasonable expectation relating to her actions, reactions, attitudes, etc. don't apply.

i read somewhere that the jail people consider her a very good detainee. i wonder if she will be just as good when she gets to prison?

Sociopaths make the best prisoners because they adapt so easily to their surroundings. Scott Peterson is said to be a model prisoner. He didn't bat an eye when the guilty verdict was read. I don't expect Casey will either unless it's for show.

18420373868.jpg

he's on the phone and she don't look all that worried about the jury here

I don't think ICA has a clue to what is really going on. Her demeanor suggests she is simply so far gone with her ego that no matter what anyone testifies to, they're lying and she's telling the truth.

I also think she's thriving off all the attention and I think she'll continue to thrive in jail, after all she's quite the celebrity! *oy* Oh and I refuse to give the Anthony's especially CA any more of my time and certainly not my money. I wont be buying her book should one come out. I simply don't trust anything she says.

I dont think she is prepared at all for any murder or manslaughter conviction...she thinks she is going free

I don't even think that JB is ready or prepared for the verdict and what is worse ... They will roll the dice again rather than evaluate the case and decide if a plea deal is warranted. A plea deal could have stopped this years ago.

With aggravated child abuse / manslaughter being a popular theory, e.g., overdose and it not requiring a unanimous vote but raising to felony murder thus murder 1 then this is a likely outcome.

JB needs to man up and try to save his girl, time to put the ego to one side.

I believe that the request to have her examined for competency was because she was having some melt downs and acting out with her team. This all came after we had to declare a day off because she was ill a week before. Then, the morning that the trial have to be adjourned all of the lawyers were in her cell area with her.

There is no way that this woman is going to accept the verdict. No matter how much she is prepped. I believe the defense knew they were losing at that point and perhaps asked her to take a plea deal.

Casey will take her lies to the grave with her. There are many things we will never know. Only Casey knows what truly happened. I think the State told us as much as they possibly could. But I am confident in my mind, that they are on target that Casey killed Caylee Marie Anthony.

These were my thoughts too. I think they were trying to prepare her, but I don't really think you can prepare someone like ICA. I think we'll see a reaction....we always see a reaction when it's about her...and I thought when the jury filed out to deliberate today it was the most frightened I've ever seen her. I think she sees her own conviction as a real possibility. I think she understands that it's in the jury's hands now, and that she has no power over the verdict. However, if she is found guilty, I'm sure there will be new prison letters that surface with new stories....if for some reason she's found guilty and the verdict is reversed on appeal (or if the jury hangs and the state retries her), her new lawyer will have an even harder road than JB sorting through a whole new cast of imaginary characters....JMO.

I'm sure they have tried to prepare her, but why bother? In KC's mind, it's a "waste, huge waste."

If her family wasn't able to get through to her, who is to say that a few people she's known for 3 years are going to? Even if, say, JB were to tell her, "Be prepared for a decision we're going to have to fight at the appellate level," she's going to write that off as a very remote possibility. That's just MOO based on how she has put off facing reality until it hits her hard (her arrest, for instance). I think her parents sense this, too, and are all the more worried about how she's going to handle a decision that isn't in her favor.

I've read that CA and GA won't make a comment if it is DP but will make a short comment if it is anything else. I expect CA to have a book on the shelves in a month and be selling herself all over town.

watching Cindy in interviews makes me sick to my stomach she is a phoney...A book of lies... who wants to read Cindy's version of the last three years..How will this loving grandmother justify the blood money she will be making ..No I will not pay to read Cindy's lie's ...

My understanding is that DP attorneys have already been visiting her in preparation for the penalty phase, but that is from memory and since it's 1:14 am, I'm not double checking at the moment (YAWN).

I've definitely lost sleep over this case.

I think I saw it on the caylee daily.

I don't even think that JB is ready or prepared for the verdict and what is worse ... They will roll the dice again rather than evaluate the case and decide if a plea deal is warranted. A plea deal could have stopped this years ago.

With aggravated child abuse / manslaughter being a popular theory, e.g., overdose and it not requiring a unanimous vote but raising to felony murder thus murder 1 then this is a likely outcome.

JB needs to man up and try to save his girl, time to put the ego to one side.

I think JB will first take a vacation with his beautiful wife an new baby and enjoy having freedom from the pressure cooker and kick KC to the curb....:woohoo:

She'll never accept a guilty verdict - ever. She played everyone since the day she killed Caylee, and has been for the last 3 years. Did she accept a plea? No! Because in her imaginary world, she's the victim. The one that's been abused, and no doubt thinks she did nothing wrong!

Dr. Glass posted an interesting comment:

Hide Your Pens, Hide Your Pencils, Hide Your Water Bottles When Casey Anthony Hears Her Fate

I think she's spot on in her assessment. You can read more here:

http://drlillianglassbodylanguagebl...er-bottles-when-casey-anthony-hears-her-fate/

MOO

Mel

If the defense team didn't prepare their own experts for testimony why should we think they'd prepare the defendant for the verdict?

I believe they'll address it soon as they get word the jury's reached a verdict.

DT will consider it a victory if they avoid death penalty.

Not sure if they've directly said that to her, but I'd bet it has been implied.

Can't remember what testimony was happening the day they asked for a PE, but I had wondered if something was said along the lines like getting ready to face the music.

Hmmm... nope, I don't think she's been prepared at all. She thinks she will walk, IMO. She's probably thinking "wow, I wish this jury would hurry up and come back with my not-guilty verdict!"

So, if pigs fly and she gets found not guilty of enough to keep her still in jail, then what?

I mean, I don't imagine that could happen, but what if it did? She couldn't possibly go back to her parents' home, could she? Maybe stay with Lee? Does she still have friends after all this? Maybe her jailhouse pen pal will be out and let her sleep on the couch?

Perhaps she could stay with Mr. and Mrs. Baez. Didn't they just have a new baby? I am sure they would feel perfectly safe with her around the baby.

Honestly, I think she is scared but doesn't know how to make her expressions match anything that would be appropriate. I think she only became scared about halfway through the trial.

I really, really thought she would act out in some major way as the end drew nearer, in an effort for a "do over." I am pretty shocked that she kept her antics to head shakes, twitching, muttering, etc...

I think we will see her face turn red at the verdict, for sure; she can't control that and it is the only truly honest reaction she has had, when that happens. That is how I can tell when she has really been crying, she gets quite red (as do I.)

She'll never accept a guilty verdict - ever. She played everyone since the day she killed Caylee, and has been for the last 3 years. Did she accept a plea? No! Because in her imaginary world, she's the victim. The one that's been abused, and no doubt thinks she did nothing wrong!

Dr. Glass posted an interesting comment:

Hide Your Pens, Hide Your Pencils, Hide Your Water Bottles When Casey Anthony Hears Her Fate

I think she's spot on in her assessment. You can read more here:

http://drlillianglassbodylanguagebl...er-bottles-when-casey-anthony-hears-her-fate/

MOO

Mel

Thanks for posting this. I don't always agree with her, but this part cracked me up:

She may also scream and shout obscenities so they need to be prepared to muzzle her as she can bite as well. Perhaps they may want to or prepare a Hannibal Lechter type hocky guard mask in case she begins to spit or bite.

She knows she's going down. It started when Jose Baez called her a lying s**t, I noticed she looked shocked. That was reality setting in - if her own lawyer could say that, what must the jury think of her. And the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave