FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm normally a lurker on here but I just wanted to add something to what is being said about domestic violence. I grew up in domestic violence (along with the other abuse that comes with it) until I was 12 or 13 years old. When my mother divorced my step father - finally!!! - and was able to get a restraining order, her attorney told us that if we see him outside our home to call 911 and tell them somebody is trying to break in AND YOU DO NOT KNOW WHO IT IS or they will not come... That statement is very telling on how LE viewed domestic violence (35+ years ago) and how much power the victim did not have.

Our country has made great strides with domestic violence over the years but it is still very very prevalent in our society today. It is not only men, but men tend to be the aggressors in most situations.

For me, Michelle was taking the right steps to get away from this volatile relationship. First off, she lived with her mother - her protector which had to help rebuild her inside. It appears to me that she was working on rebuilding her life without the father of her (twins) children, perhaps to secure a safe environment to raise them in.

Nothing sets an abuser off more than taking the control away from them. They can't let go like a normal person or you wouldn't hear about them like we do so often.

In approximately 1984 I was lucky enough to get away from my would be murderer... At the time nobody had any idea he had already killed two women, but one month after my altercation with him he did kill again. He used his vehicle to get the young woman out of her car exactly in the same manner he tried with me - only I was able to escape...

What was the difference between us two girls? We will never know, except I can tell you that she was a sweet young college girl and I was a young mom who had been through hell growing up. When I turned to get out of my car, I heard a voice loud and clear that told me to get inside and flee! Obviously I was able to make it safely to my mothers house but things could of turned out much differently. (BTW, the perp never took keys or purses out of the car... he only wanted the girls)

It's so hard to know exactly what happened to Michelle because so many of us have had weird things happen to us and we can't fathom dating/marrying a man who might do something like this. But it does happen... It happens way to often.

I truly believe in the hard work of LE. They dedicate their lives to this kind of stuff everyday and with today's technology we have to be making great strides.

I also believe that the LE of Florida are going to make sure they do everything they can to make sure of a guilty verdict when the person is indeed guilty after this past summer. None of us will ever forget the outcome of the CA case...

I absolutely love reading this site because some of you are so dang smart!!! It's an awesome group to belong too and I love the hard work and dedication of everyone!

One thing all of us can agree on is that we want Michelle brought home...

Thanks for listening....:twocents:

TY! No she is not. In the photos. I missed your question earlier. Her name was Charlotte Murray Pace. Friends called her Murray.

I remember her story...wasn't she a victim of the Louisiana serial rapist/murderer, Derrick Lee? How horrible...

Side scan or Structure Scan sonar is readily available, and easy to use with a little practice. Considering the number of bass fishermen in the Orlando area, I am sure there is access to the technology if the searchers want. In fact I would be surprised that LE doesnt already have it.

BBM at the very least it is assault (if Florida has assault), if not battery

ETA Florida does have assault
784.011 Assault.--

(1) An "assault" is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.

(2) Whoever commits an assault shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

and Battery

784.03 Battery; felony battery.--

(1)(a) The offense of battery occurs when a person:

1. Actually and intentionally touches or strikes another person against the will of the other; or

2. Intentionally causes bodily harm to another person.

(b) Except as provided in subsection (2), a person who commits battery commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(2) A person who has one prior conviction for battery, aggravated battery, or felony battery and who commits any second or subsequent battery commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. For purposes of this subsection, "conviction" means a determination of guilt that is the result of a plea or a trial, regardless of whether adjudication is withheld or a plea of nolo contendere is entered.

So it looks like JR. could be charged with felony battery

It wasn't just Jr who shoved a reporter/cameraman. Sr did it twice. The first time was at the custody hearing as they were leaving. The second time was when he was at the SA office due to the subpoena. The second time Bob Kealing tweeted about it, tho I don't remember hearing much from anyone else. Supposedly the reporter was also knocked down. I'll look for a link.

But I do think the station legal dept isn't pursuing this. Since the reporter/cameraman was on the job, it's probably up to his employer's legal dept, not him. :( But who knows--hopefully they'll do something!

Do you think that OPD wasn't open to any suggestions from TES? I don't really have a good answer to your question, but I kind of got the impression from the articles that I read that OPD wasn't interested in dealing with them at all. I wonder if all of the publicity and drama left over from the CA case has hurt criminal cases where searches are needed. OPD may be very cautious about future search groups getting involved in their cases.

If that is the case, I can understand their caution. On the other hand, it is sad that an organization that may add value to a missing persons search could be shut out as a result of the circus that was the CA case.

Or, maybe TES has helped in some way and it is being kept very quiet to avoid stirring up unnecessary media drama. OPD seems very dedicated to finding Michelle, so I believe that they would use whatever resources were needed.

TES was working for Dale and MarkN. LE couldn't work with the suspect without disclosing investigative info. TES chose what side to be on. Sadly they did not choose the victims side this time. TM basically said Dale was being picked on and crucified.

Hello to everyone
First time poster, longtime reader and follower
Please bear with me because I'm Portuguese living in my own country so English isn't my first language and I may have some difficulties expressing myself.
I've been following Michelle's case from the very first beginning and I've read every thread and post. I guess it's because dear Michelle remembers me so much of my DDL.I love my DDL almost as much as if she was my DD. They are so much alike...
I think DS is the culprit of everything bad that happened to Michelle, since PC recording. I also think he thought his image was "shining" on that TV show but later on when he really saw the poor figure he has done of himself he really got angry and as we know Michelle was arriving his home with the twins a few minuts later.
Only God knows what happened later but we all know he has anger issues...
Praying for Michelle and her three children everyday.
Blowing kisses to all of you
Ana

Hello to everyone
Please bear with me because I'm Portuguese living in my own country so English isn't my first language and I may have some difficulties expressing myself.
I've been following Michelle's case from the very first beginning and I've read every thread and post. I guess it's because dear Michelle remembers me so much of my DDL.I love my DDL almost as much as if she was my DD. They are so much alike...
I think DS is the culprit of everything bad that happened to Michelle, since PC recording. I also think he thought his image was "shining" on that TV show but later on when he really saw the poor figure he has done of himself he really got angry and as we know Michelle was arriving his home with the twins a few minuts later.
Ana

:fireworks::welcome::fireworks:

I would like to know why some folks feel that Dale, Sr. is part of either helping Dale with disposing of Michelle, or throwing the cellphone in the river or coming to pick up the children, or driving one of the vehicles or picking up Dale at the parking lot?
Respectfully, snipped to save space.

For me- it has nothing to do with the way he acted towards reporters.

I am never surprised the things some families cover up. Physical abuse, drug use,sexual abuse etc. I've heard so much in the short time volunteering with the center I am at. People cover things up every day for family.

Not claiming to know he was or wasn't involved- but in my opinion, it's not a stretch to think someone would cover for a close friend or family member.

That Post:

Not familar with that show, anyone listen to it?
What this a real tip confirmed by OPD or familiy or was it just a rumor?

Yes, buckethead has been around for years , on several stations. They've become friends of mine.

Hello to everyone
Ana
Welcome Ana, for english not being your first language you do remarkably well. Great thought process and good first post.

For me, it would be incredibly coincidental that Michelle was abducted by someone other than DS, having someone like him in her life...he seems to be the stereotype of someone who would do this...of course there have been cases where the most obvious person isn't the right person, but I don't feel that here, JMO...

For me, it would be incredibly coincidental that Michelle was abducted by someone other than DS, having someone like him in her life...he seems to be the stereotype of someone who would do this...of course there have been cases where the most obvious person isn't the right person, but I don't feel that here, JMO...

Good post. For a perp who knew the two (MP & DSjr.) it may be the perfect crime too, knowing exactly where suspicion would fall. Not saying DSjr is or isn't involved, I just need more solid vidence to crucify him. :fence:

It is not unusual for a "single" or even a "married" male to ask for a paternity test when child support is being asked in court.

I have been down this road where women have claimed they are carrying my son's child, and I have always told my son to get a paternity test done as soon as the child is born.

Needless to say, my son has fathered no children; although he wishes he had.

My son's former mother-in-law told me weeks before our children married (now divorced), she told me, she would always know it is her daughter's child, however, you will never know if your son is the father. That statement to me stuck with me forever!

I certainly wouldn't look at Dale as being in control or taking control over Michelle or blame Dale for asking for a paternity test just to make sure he is the father of the children.

In so many relationships during a heated argument, at times, it is thrown out there "your not the father", and it is best to get the paternity test to prove it one way or another.

Praying Michelle is found soon and anyone responsible for her disappearance is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Just wanted to say one of the things that sets Websleuths apart is the level of discourse. We care and try to help by sleuthing. I think even when we see things differently, it's helpful to consider how it's stated and how it may come across to others, even if unintentionally. IMO, using emotionally charged words like "crucify" is counterproductive, especially around Christmas when many of us think of our Savior. Just a thought.

Praying Michelle is found soon and anyone responsible for her disappearance is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Just wanted to say one of the things that sets Websleuths apart as the level of discourse. We care and try to help by sleuthing. I think even when we see things differently, it's helpful to consider how it's stated and how it may come across to others, even if unintentionally. IMO, using emotionally charged words like "crucify" is counterproductive, especially around Christmas when many of us think of our Savior. Just a thought.

:goodpost:

I agree with you about the water aspect of this. Since we are assuming that he killed Michelle, I really believe that the first thing that he would do is dispose of the body, which means it is probably close to his condo rather than near DS Sr's house (maybe within 2 miles). The areas between his condo and Vista Park seem like a much more likely hiding place than trying to conceal a body in the water. Although, I am not opposed to considering dumpsters that are in the area. A commercial location with unlocked dumpsters would be an ideal location if the dumpsters were easily accessible and offered any privacy.

If he killed her, I believe that he disposed of the body and then hid the Hummer. He removed the decal at a later time, probably when he was moving the Hummer to the Walden Circle area, which is when I think that he dumped the phone. Removing the decal was strictly about anonymity in my opinion. The black hummer stands out, but it really stands out with the glow decal on the back window.

I am not from Florida and have only been to Orlando a couple of times, so I am totally relying on Google Maps to figure out location information. Are you very familiar with the area between DS II's condo and the Vista Park area? I'm wondering how dense the trees are and what the line of sight from roadways would be like? Also, the Hummer is black, which would make it easier to conceal in a poorly lit turn off (I think).

I have never been to that location, but if you saw the video of them at the retention pond, chopping away at the brush, that is what most of these tree areas are like, thick with brush. You can get in there, but you have to sort of hedge your way thought thicket and branches, but you can do it. If she is in that area, either side of the road way, she wouldn't be in too far. Just too hard too go any distance. Sparky or someone from the area could tell you more.

The other thing is we don't have lots of street lights where I live, and if any they are far apart. Some areas as pitch black and a car on the side can be missed really easy. Maybe someone from the area could tell us what Lee Vista looks like at night?

He said she was going over the balcony if she went back to the room w/ him?! Did I read that correctly? He sure didn't deny it. Wow!

I'm glad I read the transcript because I did miss that when watching it. I also noticed how the scenario painted by Michelle perfectly matches a domestic abuser situation. She's there with him, trying to have a good time. He asks if she is enjoying herself. She says yes, all she ever wanted was to be with him and do what he does. In reply, he explodes: "Then why were you with so and so?" Seems totally random, doesn't fit the scene. But to him, it does.

It shows how quickly an abuser can escalate from happiness to rage. In seconds. With one, innocuous sentence.

Hello to everyone
Ana

:fireworks2::welcome4::fireworks2:

Thank you for posting!

Reading the transcript in black and white really helps to see how Judge Milan mocked Dale. I don't like that. I think it was very unprofessional. But yes, these are entertainment shows, not real courts of law.

I just wish entertainment was a bit more responsible.

Just wanted to say one of the things that sets Websleuths apart is the level of discourse. We care and try to help by sleuthing. I think even when we see things differently, it's helpful to consider how it's stated and how it may come across to others, even if unintentionally. IMO, using emotionally charged words like "crucify" is counterproductive, especially around Christmas when many of us think of our Savior. Just a thought.

I'm sorry my comment upset you, that was not my intent, nor did I aim it at any member(s) here, i was just stating my opinion. :truce:

RBBM
But then again, the someones who have "someone like him in her life" tend to gravitate toward other someones "like him in her life." So there very well could be someone out there treating her much the same way and who absolutely did not like what they saw on PC and reacted accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361