TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent points by a lot of people.

It took me awhile for the point about her cellphone to register with me, but that is a very good point!!! With the way current cell phones work so well these days, we use them as a phone directory to just scroll down to the person, then "hit SEND". Most of us do not pay much attention to the actual phone numbers anymore, but we pay more attention to how we enter the person's name or contact in our phones. She would have needed that phone to go through all her contacts. Most of us would probably only be able to call just a few people without our phone handy.

And great points by Houndstooth. It has always bothered me how so many people managed to just drop what they were doing and arrive there that morning so quickly. Small town or not, it is very hard to fathom so many people being able to literally drop what they were doing and arrive at their house. Some sure......but hundreds? It is truly incredible.

I have thought how many people I could get to come help me in a similar situation, and I would be lucky to get 5-10 non-family members (if that much) to drop what they were doing to come over to help.

It took me awhile for the point about her cellphone to register with me, but that is a very good point!!! With the way current cell phones work so well these days, we use them as a phone directory to just scroll down to the person, then "hit SEND". Most of us do not pay much attention to the actual phone numbers anymore, but we pay more attention to how we enter the person's name or contact in our phones. She would have needed that phone to go through all her contacts. Most of us would probably only be able to call just a few people without our phone handy.

And great points by Houndstooth. It has always bothered me how so many people managed to just drop what they were doing and arrive there that morning so quickly. Small town or not, it is very hard to fathom so many people being able to literally drop what they were doing and arrive at their house. Some sure......but hundreds? It is truly incredible.

I have thought how many people I could get to come help me in a similar situation, and I would be lucky to get 5-10 non-family members (if that much) to drop what they were doing to come over to help.

Like you, I wondered about how did so many hear about Holly going missing and arrive so quickly on the scene... IIRC I might have mentioned that perhaps the perp(s) was somehow involved in this - getting lots of people so that the crime scene gets overrun, messing up doing things in an organized matter. Reminiscent of what happened with so many people in the Ramsey home...

So we are on the same page.
Karen says she is the one who called everyone she knew when it had not been established that a crime had even taken place, yet.
Karen claims to have "forgotton" her cell phone.
Karen claims to have used Teri Bromley's cellphone to call the "few hundred people that showed up" according to the Sheriff.

How did she know their numbers? How did she have time? Why would she?
Did she, as Steve suggests, do so to cause confusion to the scene that morning?

Have Karen Bobo's actions been consistent with a mother who doesn't know where her daughter is since?

Frankly, no.
The only thing she has done is hire paragliders and send out fliers to Churches and hang ribbons around town.

It's absurd. I do not think there ever was an abduction. I think that that is the reason why it is a "supposed" abduction in the minds of LE.

On this forum it is "believed" abduction, I suppose by some.
I ain't buying it.
I don't know where she is, or where she has been, but there is nothing in this case from the start that caused me alarm. Just curiosity about how crazy it all sounds.
Just being honest.

So if Holly left willingly and is indeed not really missing, how does one explain her blood found at the scene, in a quantity sufficient enough to draw attention to itself?

Such a puzzler this case is, oy vey.

So if Holly left willingly and is indeed not really missing, how does one explain her blood found at the scene, in a quantity sufficient enough to draw attention to itself?

Such a puzzler this case is, oy vey.

If we knew whether or not it was a few specks, or puddle or sprinkling as was described variously, we might know that also.

Did Clint watch as they rose from the crouch and see any blood or her acting woozy and afraid? Still screaming? Dog still barking?
Phone still ringing?
Holly in no way impaired according to Clint. No struggling, no hesitation.

I just think the blood is literally a RED herring.

Just in googling around a bit, I've seen the blood referred to in MSM as flecks, a small amount, a puddle, and a small puddle.

So we are on the same page.
Karen says she is the one who called everyone she knew when it had not been established that a crime had even taken place, yet.
Karen claims to have "forgotton" her cell phone.
Karen claims to have used Teri Bromley's cellphone to call the "few hundred people that showed up" according to the Sheriff.

How did she know their numbers? How did she have time? Why would she?
Did she, as Steve suggests, do so to cause confusion to the scene that morning?

Have Karen Bobo's actions been consistent with a mother who doesn't know where her daughter is since?

Frankly, no.
The only thing she has done is hire paragliders and send out fliers to Churches and hang ribbons around town.

It's absurd. I do not think there ever was an abduction. I think that that is the reason why it is a "supposed" abduction in the minds of LE.

On this forum it is "believed" abduction, I suppose by some.
I ain't buying it.
I don't know where she is, or where she has been, but there is nothing in this case from the start that caused me alarm. Just curiosity about how crazy it all sounds.
Just being honest.

Just to give an example of how this could be done in a tight knit community....many schools (and HB's mom worked at one) have a calling tree for any kind of emergency that is activated by ONE simple phone call. I could make that one call to ours now, and within three minutes there would be people calling their assigned groups of ten to fifteen parents. That phone tree reaches over 700 students in one school, and a second phone call would start the same process for over 900 students in another school. In less than an hour, all those people would receive notification by phone/e-mail or both as they personally had stated that they preferred. At the same time.....a phone call to our church would start a chain of notification that would reach another 1200 families! THAT is how so many people in a short time would know and show up....not at all unusual in a community where people both know and care about others.

jmo

:sigh: Is it just me, or is the MSM getting more and more sloppy in their reporting?

Yes! Too often stories are being copied from one source to another without anyone really checking the facts...

This is probably not even important, because it probably doesn't matter to help find her, but....

I kept wondering if maybe she actually went missing on the 12th, and maybe it took a day for LE to do a thorough investigation at the house, and maybe the 13th became an accepted date of when she actually disappeared. There are a couple reasons I kept thinking this.

First, I actually saw this news report link saying the 12th, but of course, that could be a simple mistake, but the thing that really made me wonder is described below this link below:

"Bobo disappeared on April 12, 2011 from her rural home in Parsons".....from this link >>>

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ng-students-disappearance-hits-one-year-mark/

I kept looking at all the earliest comments I could find from a lot of people on the 13th, and one strange rumor appeared about someone attending a funeral when they heard about Holly disappearing and seeing a man on an ATV leave the funeral in Camo clothes. This is just a rumor, and didn't mean much, but I went searching for any funeral that I could find either on the 13th or the 12th.......and low and behold, I found this reference below to a funeral on the 12th (with familiar names), so if the rumor of the sighting of the person on the ATV at the funeral is true, and if that person heard about Holly missing at that funeral, then maybe this leads one to beieve that maybe she went missing on the 12th. Again, this probably doesnt help much if so, but it would mean that more "fibs" were then told for sure about the 13th + attending classes, etc on the 13th. One thing it would explain is how a lot of people showed up on the 13th is because it would have been a day after and time for word to get around. Anyway, just wanted to share what I saw.....It is not worth digging into it much since it doesnt help the case much at all I dont think. And I may be totally wrong in deducing anything from this, especially because the initial ATV/Camo sighting at a funeral was just a rumor in the first place.

I don't want to mention the names of the people attending, but when you go to the link, scroll down to "Grace Leggett" who is publicly notified as passing and note the attendees at this funeral on the 12th. Link below: It was the only funeral I found around that time.

http://genealogytrails.com/tenn/henderson/obitL2.html

IMO the story we have been fed by the Bobo family is not true.

Think about this, if you have already lost one child, how many of you out there would do anything in your power to protect another from being taken away?

jmo

I think she was taken against her will.

The case for believing otherwise - based on judging the words and actions of the family in the immediate aftermath of Holly's disappearance, and as the investigation progressed - is a quite subjective case indeed, though a very interesting one.

Individuals under the pressure of the moment do not always perform their roles as we might expect them to.

In this case, it is Holly's blood, found at the scene, that speaks most loudly.

(And yes, I reserve the right to change my mind twenty minutes from now!)

I am in the camp that she was taken against her will as well. That's just my opinion and not necessarily the opinion of Websleuths.

I think she was taken against her will.

The case for believing otherwise - based on judging the words and actions of the family in the immediate aftermath of Holly's disappearance, and as the investigation progressed - is a quite subjective case indeed, though a very interesting one.

Individuals under the pressure of the moment do not always perform their roles as we might expect them to.

In this case, it is Holly's blood, found at the scene, that speaks most loudly.

(And yes, I reserve the right to change my mind twenty minutes from now!)

Very well put and a very valid reason (the blood) for thinking this.

IMO only,
I have flip-flopped so much on what I think happened, I am not sure I even know where I stand at the moment....LOL. But I suppose, at this time, the one thing I am fairly convinced of IMO is that the stories that have been shared with the public as to the exact events of that morning are not the truth. I have no idea why anyone would want to alter the real truth or details, but to me, there has been way too many shockingly different twists to the details of the main storyline to believe any of it at this point. I have to throw the baby out with the bath water at this point. So, that leaves me feeling that something did happen, and certain people are hiding the real truth of what happened.

As to my best guess of the reason why.....I am guessing that the perp is most likely a very close friend or maybe even related possibly. I feel there is some type of bond that is causing an internal emotional conflict to the victims family. I think they feel some sort of closeness to this person, which is making them not want to come out and say what really happened. It could be because LE has no real solid proof at this point, so maybe their hands are tied as to what they can honestly say in public.

Anyway, that is just a guess and I have also flip flopped on many other theories like run-away, etc. So, I have no idea what really happened, but the one thing I am fairly convinced of IMO, is that the real truth has not been shared with the public as to the details of that morning.

Again....alll JMO.

Very well put and a very valid reason (the blood) for thinking this.

IMO only,
I have flip-flopped so much on what I think happened, I am not sure I even know where I stand at the moment....LOL. But I suppose, at this time, the one thing I am fairly convinced of IMO is that the stories that have been shared with the public as to the exact events of that morning are not the truth. I have no idea why anyone would want to alter the real truth or details, but to me, there has been way too many shockingly different twists to the details of the main storyline to believe any of it at this point. I have to throw the baby out with the bath water at this point. So, that leaves me feeling that something did happen, and certain people are hiding the real truth of what happened.

As to my best guess of the reason why.....I am guessing that the perp is most likely a very close friend or maybe even related possibly. I feel there is some type of bond that is causing an internal emotional conflict to the victims family. I think they feel some sort of closeness to this person, which is making them not want to come out and say what really happened. It could be because LE has no real solid proof at this point, so maybe their hands are tied as to what they can honestly say in public.

Anyway, that is just a guess and I have also flip flopped on many other theories like run-away, etc. So, I have no idea what really happened, but the one thing I am fairly convinced of IMO, is that the real truth has not been shared with the public as to the details of that morning.

Again....alll JMO.
Don't misunderstand though - your posts have been thought-provoking, and excellent in detail, and the "deliberate absence" theory, for all I or anyone else here truly knows, may be exactly the case. I've certainly entertained that notion more than once (more than twice, too, lol). And, too, many of us have thought about the "deliberate cover-up" if something bad had happened to Holly, let's say, accidentally, and the family were keeping that to themselves.

I think the only unsolved case on WS I've followed about which I've changed my mind more often than this one is the mystery of what happened to the Jamison family, the three of whom disappeared in Oklahoma two and a half years ago. But there are many more angles - and much more information - available regarding that case, and thus more theoretical possibilities to discuss.

I think the blood came from Holly's lip or mouth area when she cut it on the Coke can, due to be caught off guard by the perp stepping out towards her in those initial moments of the crime.

Just to give an example of how this could be done in a tight knit community....many schools (and HB's mom worked at one) have a calling tree for any kind of emergency that is activated by ONE simple phone call. I could make that one call to ours now, and within three minutes there would be people calling their assigned groups of ten to fifteen parents. That phone tree reaches over 700 students in one school, and a second phone call would start the same process for over 900 students in another school. In less than an hour, all those people would receive notification by phone/e-mail or both as they personally had stated that they preferred. At the same time.....a phone call to our church would start a chain of notification that would reach another 1200 families! THAT is how so many people in a short time would know and show up....not at all unusual in a community where people both know and care about others.

jmo

That's a wonderful system for life and death situations. Natural disasters or hostage/shooting situations at schools but would someone use that system for a possible missing person? I guess what I'm trying to get at is at that point when the alarm was raised it wasn't even known if Holly was kidnapped or not. Clint didn't seem to think so at the time. He thought it was Holly walking into the woods with her boyfriend. What made Karen panic to the point of activating the emergency line and alerting hundreds of people to show up at ther house?

That's a wonderful system for life and death situations. Natural disasters or hostage/shooting situations at schools but would someone use that system for a possible missing person? I guess what I'm trying to get at is at that point when the alarm was raised it wasn't even known if Holly was kidnapped or not. Clint didn't seem to think so at the time. He thought it was Holly walking into the woods with her boyfriend. What made Karen panic to the point of activating the emergency line and alerting hundreds of people to show up at ther house?[/quote]
-----------
Just FYI, people on here know I've been following this case with others on here pretty much from the beginning. I got tapped out on theories.

Bolding the question, above.

IMO - Perhaps in the preceeding days, weeks, months, prior to the day she disappeared, Holly had hinted at or told her mom that she felt like something/someone was creeping her out, following or stalking her.

What is the criteria needed for this case to have it's own forum? Discussions separated into threads would be interesting. E.g CB's version of what happened, KB's version, the search, the blood, the lunchbox & phone, her classmates reactions, just to name a few.

:)

IMO - Perhaps in the preceeding days, weeks, months, prior to the day she disappeared, Holly had hinted at or told her mom that she felt like something/someone was creeping her out, following or stalking her.

I feel that KB was aware of something going on prior as well. I also wonder if one reason they haven't released the 911 tapes is because when KB rang them she named someone (not DS).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches