Rob Lowe to play Jeff Ashton in movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anth...ry/-/13479888/17575890/-/oxl4pnz/-/index.html

Based on prosecutor Jeff Ashton's book, "Imperfect Justice," the movie will air Jan. 19, at 8 p.m.

Lowe plays Ashton and the story is told through his point of view, with Anthony herself as a relatively minor character.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anth...17575890/-/oxl4pnz/-/index.html#ixzz2DX4DJiD2

WHAT!! Do they want people to watch this or not? I have no idea what minor bit she would play. One of her cell mates??

WHAT!! Do they want people to watch this or not? I have no idea what minor bit she would play. One of her cell mates??

They don't mean she's actually in the movie playing some other character, just that the character of "Casey Anthony" is not a big part of the plot. :)

LOL I think they mean that the "Casey Anthony" character has a small role in the movie because it is focused around Jeff A. Not that FCA has a minor role in the movie. :floorlaugh:

They don't mean she's actually in the movie playing some other character, just that the character of "Casey Anthony" is not a big part of the plot. :)

Oh...Thank God. Thanks

LOL I think they mean that the "Casey Anthony" character has a small role in the movie because it is focused around Jeff A. Not that FCA has a minor role in the movie. :floorlaugh:

LOL. That got me. The people who where aghast at the onion parody don't have to feel so foolish now.

I am one who won't be watching. I was taken into this case from day 31, was able to review the discovery with you all here, watched the hearings online, watched the whole trial online, only missed one or two mornings, I think some of the bug evidence is all I missed.

Even now, watching some of the clips NG played, watching some of the trial testimony replayed, remembering when CA's "therapy videos" (yeah, right) came out this past January, all that hoopla,

viewing a few of the YouTube videos people are linking to here and at other sites around the web (like watching the one above of GA/CA with Brad Conway sitting beside them), listening to JB's voice again recently about his book, reading about all the misinformation JB had in his book, when I saw Mason on Piers Morgan assuring us that FCA had not gained weight, I became nauseated,

I just don't have the stomach for it, nor really the interest in it. To watch actors play what I "watched" in real life. Now, granted, I dont' know Jeff Ashton's whole story and the backstory about what went on in the Prosecutor's office, how it affected his family, etc., but especially now with what is further cemented in my mind with this missed fool-proof suffication search and how Caylee really died, I'm simply just not that interested.

I did buy and read JA's book. Nothing personal to JA, just don't want to sit through this movie and subject myself to reliving it and to any potential "bad acting" that those Lifetime movies are so capable of lol, and so I won't.

IMO, MOO, etc.

Ah yes, Lifetime network, home of the "Victim of the Week" movies. I won't be watching this TV movie either. Was happy to read JA's book, but I don't want to see it as "entertainment." The reality of the case is still too raw and painful.

I watched some Christmas movies on Lifetime and noticed that they started playing trailers of the story. It's set to air on January 19, at 8:00 p.m. I'll watch it if I don't forget - happens to me often, though.:waitasec:

maybe at the end the script will read about computer search
[B fool-proof suffocation ][/B]

Well, if the move is mostly reflecting JA's point of view and the failure of the computer search investigation is ignored, it can't be very authentic.

I mean, that's a very large piece of the story now, reflecting on the accuracy and thoroughness of the state's entire investigation and prosecution of the case. If they fail to address it then, IMO, the entire movie is already outdated and inaccurate.

Well, if the move is mostly reflecting JA's point of view and the failure of the computer search investigation is ignored, it can't be very authentic.

I mean, that's a very large piece of the story now, reflecting on the accuracy and thoroughness of the state's entire investigation and prosecution of the case. If they fail to address it then, IMO, the entire movie is already outdated and inaccurate.

I agree. They have to end the movie with either the actual NG clip or a recreated one of it talking about the sleuthers who found the info, and then show Ashton (RL) with his head hung down. If they fail to address this, they have failed to make an accurate accounting. JMO.

Sorry to butt in but I say Alanis Morrisette as CA. Same long face.

I saw the advertisement of the movie on TV tonight. Rob Lowe, portraying Jeff Ashton is saying he would make KC the most hated woman in America. I don't think that is exactly true because I believe KC alone did that herself.

I saw the advertisement of the movie on TV tonight. Rob Lowe, portraying Jeff Ashton is saying he would make KC the most hated woman in America. I don't think that is exactly true because I believe KC alone did that herself.

I also saw that ad last night. I agree KC, alone made herself into the most hated woman in America. I started following the case a couple of months after Caylee was reported missing. As I read through the doc dumps and other documents, there was nothing about KC that was likable.

I will probably watch the movie at least once. Despite the error of investigators not looking at other browsers, I still have a lot of respect for the prosecutors and investigators.

Oh it was so funny today I was watching a game show that I like on Game Show Network called Pyramid.

Oscar Nunez, who plays Jose in the movie, was on. The host mentioned he was in an upcoming movie and all he would say was, "yes, I'm in a movie with Rob Lowe."

The host had to add "the Casey Anthony movie right?"

lol Almost as if he were very hesitant to say that.

I'm definitely watching. I don't understand why anybody here wouldn't watch it. Casey's not profiting, and nobody will ever know if you do or don't watch, it's not like you're a Neilson family and you don't have to buy anything the commercial sponsors are selling. I mean, what's the point of not watching? We've all spent 4 years following this case, what's wrong with a little different perspective? Ashton was our hero for four years, he's STILL my hero despite the verdict. And plus, Rob Lowe is extensively easy on the eyes so... you know, there's that.

I guess I don't understand the protest against watching it. It won't amount to anything other than, you haven't seen it. It doesn't accomplish anything. Can someone who refuses to watch it explain to me why they're so adamant about it? I get it if you just aren't interested in Lifetime melodramas, but otherwise, I don't get it.

I just saw this and was disgusted. I doubt if I'll watch some movie made about this hideous crime that went unpunished and was such a circus. I'm still irked that the area behind the anthony home wasn't searched right away in that window of time before the storm hit, and that was only the beginning of disgust. The guy who was Paulie on the Sopranos would make a good George though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado