GUILTY IL - Kimberly Vaughn, 34, & 3 children slain, Channahon Twp, 14 June 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
This trial will probably end up being 'expert' against 'expert' witnesses.

JMHO
fran

I agree.

and I really, really hate these kinds of trials. Defense "experts" can be quite obnoxious, IMO.

Great post, fran. And I agree with you that this case is going to be all about forensics. I do think Vaughn will stick to his story that he noticed he was bleeding and then he left and when he came back, his entire family was dead. Perhaps the defense will be left trying to prove that a "mysterious stranger" did all this.

IIRC correctly, he has already given several different accounts of what happened. You watch, at trial he'll probably claim, "I blacked out, I don't know what happened.":mad:

How many times have we seen this?

JMHO
fran

IIRC correctly, he has already given several different accounts of what happened. You watch, at trial he'll probably claim, "I blacked out, I don't know what happened.":mad:

How many times have we seen this?

JMHO
fran

I think you do recall correctly and we sure have seen the "I blacked out" defense many many times. (of course, when you're guilty and not about to tell the truth, what else do you have to fall back on really....?)

I mean I guess you could use the "I was abducted by aliens" defense but I don't think as many people would buy it.

I agree.

and I really, really hate these kinds of trials. Defense "experts" can be quite obnoxious, IMO.

You mean like Dr. March (?) in the SP trial who was basing his 'analysis' on what Laci did NOT say at a baby shower.:crazy:

The pros questioning him didn't even realize at the time of his questioning just how much of an azz he made this guy look like, even when the 'expert' turned to the jury and said, "Give me a break!"

LOL, that was a classic moment! :)

The pros was so caught up in the moment, he didn't understand why the entire gallery was laughing at the end of questioning. Bridgett had to explain it to him.:eek:

JMHO
fran

I agree.

I remember that forensic evidence was very tell tale in the Darlie Routier trial and I do not recall if the defense had an expert that refuted the evidence in that trial....will have to go back and look at the transcripts....

Forensic evidence trials can be very interesting, but they can also be exasperating if a million different experts say a million different things.

I doubt that attitude makes you evil. Plenty of people would agree with you, I'm just not one of them.

I am grateful to live in a country where the judcial system is founded on a presumption of innocence, and then carried out through the benefit of a public trial with a pros and a defense. It's one of my favorite things about the US.

It's quite true that his family didn't get a fair trial and probably died at the hand of his one-man justice. I'm glad our country behaves with a higher moral standard than he did - I expect more from us than I do from a common murderer.
As much as I wish I felt like you do, I have to admit that I don't. I am tired of defendents having more rights than the victims themselves. I am tired of evidence that's "too prejudicial" (WTF?) If it points towards guilt, it points towards guilt, plain and simple. I will never ever understand how something can make one look 'too guilty'. If ALL evidence were allowed, then perhaps I would feel differently, but when stuff isn't allowed in because it points too much towards the guilt of the defendent, I just don't get it. And they call it justice? Allllllrighty then! I personally think nowadays it's something other than justice. I just can't think of a word for it that won't get me banned............

As much as I wish I felt like you do, I have to admit that I don't. I am tired of defendents having more rights than the victims themselves. I am tired of evidence that's "too prejudicial" (WTF?) If it points towards guilt, it points towards guilt, plain and simple. I will never ever understand how something can make one look 'too guilty'. If ALL evidence were allowed, then perhaps I would feel differently, but when stuff isn't allowed in because it points too much towards the guilt of the defendent, I just don't get it. And they call it justice? Allllllrighty then! I personally think nowadays it's something other than justice. I just can't think of a word for it that won't get me banned............

For the most part, I respect the way the Rules of Evidence work and I respect most of the Court's decisions regarding evidence.

It's surely not a perfect system, but, in my opinion, it's the best one around and, more often than not, it works really well.

There are always exceptions to that rule, of course, because we are human and we muck things up fairly easily - and these exceptions can be truly maddening! But I am very pleased with it overall.

Christopher Vaughn today gave up his battle in Missouri to fight his forced return to Illinois to face charges that he murdered his wife and three school-age children in the family sport-utility vehicle.

Vaughn, 32, of Oswego, waived extradition in Missouri before St. Charles County Judge Terry Cundiff, clearing the way for Illinois State Police to transport him to the Will County Jail in Joliet, where he could have a bond hearing as soon as Thursday.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...extradition,1,2332046.story?coll=chi-news-hed

According to the St. Charles County Jail records, Vaughn has been transferred. :p

Offender Record
Last Name: VAUGHN Custody Status: Transferred
First Name: CHRISTOPHER DOUGLAS Agency: Unknown
Date of Birth: 09/26/1974 Race: White
Offender ID: 2007078067 Gender: Male

Wonder how long the ride is? I'm also curious if he's going to have a group of people at the location they're delivering him to greet him like they did SP with Laci?:furious:

fran

Wonder how long the ride is? I'm also curious if he's going to have a group of people at the location they're delivering him to greet him like they did SP with Laci?:furious:

fran

Does he have groupies, fran? Not yet - I don't think.

According to the St. Charles County Jail records, Vaughn has been transferred. :p

Offender Record
Last Name: VAUGHN Custody Status: Transferred
First Name: CHRISTOPHER DOUGLAS Agency: Unknown
Date of Birth: 09/26/1974 Race: White
Offender ID: 2007078067 Gender: Male

Thanks, acandyrose.

Vaughn is at his new home :p

http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/IL_Will.htm

Offender Record
Last Name: VAUGHN Custody
First Name: CHRISTOPHER DOUGLASS
Agency: Will County Jail
Date of Birth: 09/26/1974
Race: White
Offender ID: 20070006095

Agency Description Will County Jail
Address 1 14 West Jefferson Street
City Joliet State/Province IL Zip Code 60432
County WILL
Phone (815) 740-1250

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_184133805.html

Vaughn Back In Joliet To Face Murder Charges

Officials: Alleged Killer Of Wife, Children Will Be Held In Joliet

..........................snip.......................
As CBS 2’s Katie McCall reports, Vaughn did not make any statement as he walked into the jail Tuesday night.
As of 10 p.m. Tuesday he was being booked and was expected to begin going through a medical and psychiatric evaluation that will continue Wednesday.

.........................snip........................
The will county sheriff says it is likely Vaughn will be held by himself, away from other inmates.

“It's going to be up to classification, but I'm going to say it's a strong possibility, we don't call it isolation, we call it special housing,” said Will County Sheriff Paul Kaupas.

.......................snip......................
Vaughn will be held in Joliet until at least this Thursday afternoon, the first date when he could appear before a judge.

county sheriff says it is likely Vaughn will be held by himself, away from other inmates.
I say give him to um. He doesn't deserve 3 meals a day, a cot and a showere every now and then. He brutally killed his wife and children, he deserves nothing. He's sucking up precious air. pppukkke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288