LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT

Truth. Verot School Rd. is infinitely more maddening than US 290, overall. Not nearly as much traffic, volume-wise...but this "just going out for a Sunday drive" sh**...during rush hour is...rage-inducing. And is it too much to ask to ask the LCG to fix the potholes in the major thoroughfares? :banghead:
Rage-inducing is Ambassador and Johnston during December. It makes me want to scream just thinking about it. :blushing:

Sorry. Back to our regularly scheduled programming ...

BBM: Lovemyhuskies, the part that is bolded by me (BBM), is the one I want to touch on here.

I don't remember reading that Mickey's phone was dead, the night of her disappearance.

I do remember reading this, though:

Good to see you here. :hug:

The cellphone is another mystery, imo

BBM: Lovemyhuskies, the part that is bolded by me (BBM), is the one I want to touch on here.

I don't remember reading that Mickey's phone was dead, the night of her disappearance.

Hi! Yes, I remember reading that as well. I was trying to say that I remember reading that B's phone was dead, not Mickey's. In the article I read their friends were trying to get in touch with them after they left Artmosphere. They called B's phone but it died, then they called Mickey's phone. I will go back and find the article if y'all need me to.

Not Mickey's phone, but Brettly's (BW's) phone. His phone reportedly died during an earlier call that night.

bbm: If he had left the bike on the road LE most likely would have become involved on Saturday when she was reported missing vs Monday after the 48 hour waiting period the family was reportedly given.

Taking the bike bought the perp at least 48 hours if not more (by the time they were able to actually start pulling and reviewing all the tapes, etc etc etc)

:moo:

In one of the early press conferences by local law enforcement, I know I heard the LE spokesman say that a "24 hour waiting period" to report someone missing is "a myth". Apparently there is no need to wait when reporting someone missing, at least in this jurisdiction.

Wait...is only ABC saying they found tire marks near the bike?

Hi! Yes, I remember reading that as well. I was trying to say that I remember reading that B's phone was dead, not Mickey's. In the article I read their friends were trying to get in touch with them after they left Artmosphere. They called B's phone but it died, then they called Mickey's phone. I will go back and find the article if y'all need me to.

My apologies, LMH, I misread your post. :blushing:

I am pouring myself a double.

Disregard my post.

220px-Linea_doubleespresso.jpg

The tire marks are a positive development. Tire marks helped identify col Russell Williams, a serial killer in Canada.

OT I think Cpl Mouton is nice looking.:blushing:

moo

wm

In one of the early press conferences by local law enforcement, I know I heard the LE spokesman say that a "24 hour waiting period" to report someone missing is "a myth". Apparently there is no need to wait when reporting someone missing, at least in this jurisdiction.

I was referring to the family frustration that LE didn't begin an investigation in earnest for 48 hours (she was reported missing early on)

(sorry if that was confusing :)

Tom Shunick, Mickey's father, expressed anger that the investigation could not begin in full force until Monday but was grateful for the work of volunteers dedicated to the cause.
"None of the video cameras got checked over the weekend because the managers weren't in," he said. "If somebody has abducted her and taken her on the interstate or something, they got a two-day head start."http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation...-shunick-missing-louisiana-student/55132622/1

and how sad is that... what her Dad said considering what we know now :-(

So now they're saying the white truck is two different trucks? I thought at first they said it was the same truck, passing the camera area twice?

I was referring to the family frustration that LE didn't begin an investigation in earnest for 48 hours (she was reported missing early on)

(sorry if that was confusing :)

:-(

I'm sorry... I re-read your post, and you DID say the wait was AFTER they reported her missing. That's what I get for trying to speed read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23