Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean caught!!

Dear SS, Yes, I have smelt hair burn before..I have smelled burned dead bodies quite a few times in my life also. I was a firefighter for 12 years. But in this case...I think because there was so much stuff piled on top of the fire opit that u could disquise the odor with various accelerants and him being a Marine, he would I am sure have some knowledge about that type of stuff. Thwe weather would also help because it was in December...a cold time of the year.

YIPPE!!!! Hi Close enough! Glad to have someone agree with me! Hey we might end up being wrong but no biggie if we are... I will stand by my theory.

SS, Seems like I rememebr reading where Christina had been gone for awhile back in December so if that proves to be true..that would be why she couldn't or didn't notice anything suspicious or smell anything suspicious.

SS, I know how to start a thread but nothing like the poll type thread u started. It's cool!

Dear SS, Yes, I have smelt hair burn before..I have smelled burned dead bodies quite a few times in my life also. I was a firefighter for 12 years. But in this case...I think because there was so much stuff piled on top of the fire opit that u could disquise the odor with various accelerants and him being a Marine, he would I am sure have some knowledge about that type of stuff. The weather would also help because it was in December...a cold time of the year.
I don't think there was a large pile of stuff on top of her when she burned because there was dirt underneath the pile of fencing etc. at the bon fires, IIRC. She was buried underneath the ground by then in a shallow grave. I don't think they said anything about finding a lot of debris when they dug down and around to remove her body either.

I respect that you were a firefighter, but I don't know that accelerants could disguise the stench so readily. (Why would Cesar know how to burn bodies with no smell? Are they teaching this in the Marines?! ACK!)

I
I respect that you were a firefighter, but I don't know that accelerants could disguise the stench so readily. (Why would Cesar know how to burn bodies with no smell? Are they teaching this in the Marines?! ACK!)

I don't think they're teaching that to personnel clerks, anyway!

I don't think there was a large pile of stuff on top of her when she burned because there was dirt underneath the pile of fencing etc. at the bon fires, IIRC. She was buried underneath the ground by then in a shallow grave. I don't think they said anything about finding a lot of debris when they dug down and around to remove her body either.

I read somewhere that there is a type of "cooking" he could've learned in Mexico but I can't remember the specific name of it, that this firepit resembled. I don't think he used any accelerant and I also remember he'd lit the fire more than once.

I think you are thinking of the term: barbacoa. This is refered to as the dish and not the pit it is cooked in. Most things I read refer to it simply as pit cooking.

I don't think the pit was filled with coals underneath her body which would be required. Also, I don't know that her body would have burned like it did with only coals. I think oxygen and an open flame were evident there.

I think you are thinking of the term: barbacoa. This is refered to as the dish and not the pit it is cooked in. Most things I read refer to it simply as pit cooking.

I don't think the pit was filled with coals underneath her body which would be required. Also, I don't know that her body would have burned like it did with only coals. I think oxygen and an open flame were evident there.
Yes, that is the word I'd seen, but I didn't realize it didn't apply to the type of cooking or that coal was part of it. Thanks! :)

Good points. And she does not have to testify against her husband so they must be very careful with her. They could also turn on each other and each say the other did it leaving it hard to convict either one. The bottom line is did he stray or was it rape?

I noticed how casually Hudson put that out there.

He said it was obvious to him that Christina was torn by her love she has for her husband and angry with him for cheating on her. Hmmmmmmm was this a misspeak on Hudson's part or does he know that CAL did indeed have a willing affair with Maria. It sounds to me like he knows they did.

imoo

He said it was obvious to him that Christina was torn by her love she has for her husband and angry with him for cheating on her. Hmmmmmmm was this a misspeak on Hudson's part or does he know that CAL did indeed have a willing affair with Maria. It sounds to me like he knows they did.

imoo

I caught that, too.

And think the same as you.

I think you are thinking of the term: barbacoa. This is referred to as the dish and not the pit it is cooked in. Most things I read refer to it simply as pit cooking.

I think all of that was salacious spin. Charcoal has never been mentioned, in fact I don't think they found any accelerates on the body or clothing. The body was buried in a shallow grave of about three feet and it was covered with dirt. As the embers from the bonfire died down he added more dirt on top so imo there absolutely was no odor at all. She was entombed in the cavity of the grave.

I don't use my fire pit to cook. It is used for bonfires where wood is placed on top of the ground. We start ours using dead limbs and put newspaper under them and they ignite quickly.

If he wanted to burn her body he certainly could have done so and there would have been nothing left but ashes. They found clothing and even a plastic bag with baby clothes in it where they could even read the size. This shows she was not burned in an open pit with no dirt covering her.

She became charred due to the heat directly above ground and most likely as she began to decompose her body shrank from 140 to 95 pounds causing the grave to collapse some causing him to add more dirt. That would mean the dirt around her body would shift and cause tiny crevices and tiny cracks in the soil where the small staples that had come from the old fencing would fall through onto her body. The fire may have been more on the end where her bottom portion was and less in the upper portion. With the ME being able to measure the size and depth of the superficial wound on her neck it again shows she was not placed in an open pit and burned imo. He even could see it did not go through her neck muscle from what IIRC.

Even CS believes CAL did not purposefully intend to burn her body up but used the bonfire fire pit to disguise where he had placed the grave. That is why he has not been charged with desecrating the body. They have to have evidence of intent and if he intended to do it he would have burned all of her body not just parts.

JMO

So good to see you again, Ocean! :) I too think there's a lot we don't know and I have issues with the DA's comments. How can he be SO sure? Or is he trying to make her look like a saint for the potential jurors so they'll believe that CL acted alone in killing Maria? This last part you posted is something I think will be a key part of his defense. Despite his note that said Maria killed herself, I wonder if his defense is going to be that his wife had as much motive to kill Maria as the state believes he did?

Well LTNS, my friend!:blowkiss:

You know what it reminded me of? The way Gloria Alred built up Amber Frey's image and credibility before the trial.

Sure was a strange thing to witness though coming from a DA. Now her hired defense attorney said what we would expect him to say.

imoo

Dear SS, Yes, I have smelt hair burn before..I have smelled burned dead bodies quite a few times in my life also. I was a firefighter for 12 years. But in this case...I think because there was so much stuff piled on top of the fire opit that u could disquise the odor with various accelerants and him being a Marine, he would I am sure have some knowledge about that type of stuff. Thwe weather would also help because it was in December...a cold time of the year.

Didn't LE state the 'bodies' were way down and possibly dirt was over them so it was more like the 'bodies' were baked and not burned? I am still concerned about Maria's car being for sale, did anyone ever get a handwriting analysis on this? How did Xtina miss him driving the car for a week? What is her MOS? Is she really that vulnerable? WOW.

i guess we're in the minority here, but i've been 'there' before, so it doesn't matter....i too believe that Cesar acted alone, in killing Maria, & that Christina is not involved...even in trying to cover it up, knowingly.....

Put me in that minority, too.

Although I think Christina probably helped afterwards, I think it possible for her not to have. I'd have to vote not guilty (of not doing more than what LE said she did) based on the evidence made public.

Well LTNS, my friend!:blowkiss:

You know what it reminded me of? The way Gloria Alred built up Amber Frey's image and credibility before the trial.

Sure was a strange thing to witness though coming from a DA. Now her hired defense attorney said what we would expect him to say.

imoo
That is a good comparison! Yes, it was very unusual to me also, and I think it was to bolster her credibility for the trial since it's basically going to be her word against whatever his defense puts up. So many in the area as well as on the boards think she was involved so the DA is trying to clear her name, imo.

imoo
And that's another point of agreement. :) That phrase ("cheating") isn't usually used when talking about someone who allegedly raped another woman. And there was one time that we know of where it was termed consensual, so the "rape" was probably more of a "date rape" (if even that) than what we normally think of as a rapist. I still think it's possible the "rape" became that when Maria found out he was married and thought she might be pregnant.

Didn't LE state the 'bodies' were way down and possibly dirt was over them so it was more like the 'bodies' were baked and not burned? I am still concerned about Maria's car being for sale, did anyone ever get a handwriting analysis on this? How did Xtina miss him driving the car for a week? What is her MOS? Is she really that vulnerable? WOW.

I hate to quote myself but my son and I were just talking and 'Pig roast' are real big in North Carolina. I remember now, this is basically what the did!:chicken: :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back