17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the police report, one officer was securing Zimmerman and the other two were administering CPR. It doesn't seem to me like it would be unreasonable to say that someone could have been watching and there wasn't anyone free to secure the actual scene.

Seems unreasonable to me. There is no excuse for letting people contaminate a crime scene.

So you think powder burns would have been evident to a lay person on a dark gray jacket after the person had been laying on their stomach with a bullet hole in them?
Was it dark gray? Perhaps what they saw was blood, and thought it was powder burns. I don't know. I'm just saying that it's possible for them to have taken the pictures and also see whatever it is they claim to have seen.

That may be, but it really doesn't take any major amount of time to put an unresisting person in handcuffs, nor does it take major effort or time to say, "You need to leave, please clear the area." IMO JMHO and stuff.

it might also be noteworthy to mention that if there were Officers administering cpr, their hands would be doing compressions over the area where the powder burns were most likely to be, dead center of the chest a few inches above the zyphoid process..Just an observation.
The first step to rendering aid is assessing the casualty. You don't immediately flip someone over and start cracking ribs. <mod snip>

dr. Fessel- thread closed before I submitted my reply.
I don't know. I wonder how he checked the boxes when it came to race.

Off content topic, but IMO this reporter deserves admiration for investigating and researching. I wonder if he's a ws poster? ;).

Has it really taken this long for anyone to really do an investigative report on GZ? Looking deeper into his background to get the bigger picture and not just the quick sensationalized negative, or positive?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vaged-burglaries-vandalism-just-shooting.html

Many of the sources are Zimmerman's family aren't they ? :waitasec:

Seems unreasonable to me. There is no excuse for letting people contaminate a crime scene.
So, they should have left the boy lying there, bleeding out, while they're concerned about some onlooker potentially getting too close?

Preservation of life comes first, always.

So you think powder burns would have been evident to a lay person on a dark gray jacket after the person had been laying on their stomach with a bullet hole in them?

When Inspector Gilbreath said there was gunshot residue on TM he also mentioned something that was seen on GZ. Does anyone know what Gilbreath was talking about???

IDK, but looks like a keyed lock to me.

Attachments

• TMDoor.png
    TMDoor.png
    125.3 KB · Views: 35
Picture a bunch of mods, huddled who are checking out links, unapprove while we review, try to decide if a link is MSM or other and then posters are saying on the thread :waitasec:

Patience grasshoppers..... and a PM to a moderator asking for review is always welcome. :grouphug:

According to Manassas police Sgt. Eddie Rivera, at the age of 17 or 18 Zimmerman was the victim of a minor criminal assault. The Washington Post reports the city’s computer records don’t provide details of the crime that occurred in 2001.

http://www.examiner.com/article/george-zimmerman-his-life-before-he-killed-trayvon-martin

Did Sgt. Rivera just remember that right off the top of his head after 11 years? Hard to believe since the records aren't available.

(Thanks for finding a MSM link, JBean.)

JMO

The reporter should have named the source or said the type of source it was that gave the information for the graduation stuff. I find it very questionable.

Questionable that he was allowed to walk although he didn't have credits, or the story was questionable about him walking? I agree, i learned about journalism and the reponsibilities of reporters pertaining their store in a quick writing session in one of my high school English classes. Details, no bias, just facts, credit sources, etc. I wonder if they teach those things any more in even college courses. Or is that considered outdated? Has following a story that brings in the most $ by ads and flash headlines become what reporters learn now?

Uhoh haven't slept in 48hrs and took an Ativan about 15 minutes ago. I am not responsible for any incoherent, bad, or sappy posts from now on. But if I post something brilliant , that's the real me ;)

That confused me as well. :waitasec: Is Sgt. Rivera just remembering this off the top of his head from 11 years ago since he's not listed on a report?

http://manassas.patch.com/articles/george-williams-was-victim-of-assault-in-manassas

"Manassa City Police Sgt. Eddie Rivera said one-time Manassas resident George Zimmerman was a victim of an assault in 2001, but he was never listed as an offender or suspect."

Perhaps it is because he was a juvenile. Those records are sealed in Juvenile and family court in Virginia.

Did Sgt. Rivera just remember that right off the top of his head after 11 years? Hard to believe since the records aren't available.

(Thanks for finding a MSM link, JBean.)

JMO
He was probably still listed as a victim of the crime, but the actual reports weren't in the system. JMO

Was it dark gray? Perhaps what they saw was blood, and thought it was powder burns. I don't know. I'm just saying that it's possible for them to have taken the pictures and also see whatever it is they claim to have seen.

The first step to rendering aid is assessing the casualty. You don't immediately flip someone over and start cracking ribs. You should know this.

Well, yes assessing is the first step, but it does not take any significant length of time to discover that your casualty is not breathing and the gaping hole in his chest is very likely the cause, chest compressions and cpr are not likely to be of any help in that situation because the casualty had exsanguinated, was bleeding or had already bled out, and the heart had stopped. When the heart stops you stop breathing and if you aren't breathing the heart is not pumping...but cpr is the standard protocol and I would have to believe that they started that as soon as they realized that he wasn't breathing. I could of course be wrong they may have attempted other assessments, but attempting to rouse someone to conscienceness when they aren't breathing seems a bit moot to me.

I agree. It makes no sense to me. Anyone in that crowd could have also had a gun or contaminated the scene. EMT's are trained how to render care and do as little harm as possible to the crime scene. The first rule is secure the scene, rendering medical care would do not one bit of good if more people were violent. Rescue was told to stage so that they could secure the scene. By the time they got close the stage order was changed.

Yes CPR very early is essential, but securing the scene is also a vital part of the protocol. A dead rescuer rescues no one.

So, they should have left the boy lying there, bleeding out, while they're concerned about some onlooker potentially getting too close?

Preservation of life comes first, always.

That should have been done by the first officer when he arrived and took GZ into custody. It's just a verbal command and for the safety of all. It sounds as if it may have been someone who's condo was right there and they could see what was happening from their doorway or porch. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how anyone was able to get that close to GZ to take a picture of his head when TM's body was lying right there and GZ was suppose to be in custody. Bet SA is trying to figure that out, too. How would this person know it would become an issue? jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni