*REVISIT* Does Anyone Feel Sad for Casey? Or Family Members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T Pastor Schuller is semi retired (80?) and trying to keep his church on the air due to the changes and tough economic times. To my delight it was my pastor who spoke tonight. He really connects with people. Made me feel kinda bad though cuz I've been nasty lately!

O/T Only on the radio! Yes and Yes!:blowkiss:

O/T You are so lucky to go to the Crystal C. I would love to go there just once in my lifetime. I love Robert S. He is a wonderful minister. I hope that things work out for him and his son and the church. It would be a shame for it to have to close. If it's meant to stay the Lord will take care of the details.
This is where faith comes in ;)

I dont think your feelings are weird.
Ive expressed simular thoughts myself.
My feelings dont encompass forgiveness or mitigate the fact that I feel she should be put to death by lethal injection.
But when I look at her I see someone emotionally crippled.
Someone so damaged probably from the gate that inspite of her outward appearence,inside she might as well have been 'The Elephant Man'.
She threw her life and Caylee's life away for less then nothing-some abstract superficial idea our trash culture assured her she was entitled to and she was so insight deficent she believed it.
She's probably been so desperately unhappy her whole existance it was easy for her to buy thats what would finally make it better.
I doubt she's ever possesed the empathy apparatus to truly weigh the cost to anyone else.
But she did know it was wrong and she used her free will to make that choice.
I see her as a trapped confused and fearful animal.
Its a waste and I do feel pity.To a point.
Just not as much as I feel for Caylee.

Do I feel bad for Casey? No. I don't. I feel so very bad for the innocent one here, Caylee.:(

It is hard to feel bad for a human being that never gets in touch with their humanity. Casey doesn't feel what it is necessary to get in this world of human beings. she killed her daughter ,so she could be free to enjoy the carnal & degrading life of lies, stealing & sex & perversion.Her daughter who she conceived with little regard for the consequences, she kills with little thought. She expects us to consider a non-existent babysitter killed the child ,for what reason???? Because Casey ,who had never earned a penny could pay a ransom??? This woman must pay for her crimes. Stop the lies Baez!!!!!!

Hi Woe.be.gone, Mark Geragoss has already said that Casey's attitude and out of cinque behavior will be the one main task for the Defense to overcome at trial, over everything.

O/T Is the elder Pastor Schuller still at the helm. God Bless him for all the good he has done inspiring people everywhere.

Also O/T Have you ever been to Lake Wobegon? I bet you are a Scandahoovian who adores Garrison Keillor - just like me :woohoo:

XOX

I read an article about how casey will go to her grave not telling anyone the truth, with a feeling of satisfaction that she is getting over on all us dummies. Her psychology is so twisted, I don't think the defense can overcome it. I think the reason she prances and smiles and preens and looks smug is because she thinks, "They think they've got me! I'll show them I'm not bothered a bit!" She has no clue that this attitude is damaging her image irrevocably. All she cares about is not letting anyone think she's hurting for one minute by being arrested, in jail or on trial.

even though she killed her child, even though she stole, lied, and cheated friends and family... even though she failed her parents and dropped out of school and lied to her grandmother, and even though she was promiscuous and had a child without a husband... is she undeserving of our compassion? because of all these actions we can safely say that at some point she was a victim too. of something BAD.

david.

i'm sorry david but i don't feel, in any way, that we can safely say that at some point she was a victim too. of something BAD
why would i think this at all? the planet is crawling w/ people who commit unspeakable acts and throw in a few petty thefts and and who lie and in NO WAY ever suffered anything BAD.

No I don't feel sorry for Casey. I can understand having a day where you feel something that is strange and different though. I remember at some point I couldn't stand to hear CA talk anymore, seriously, I couldn't stand it! and at that moment I remember thinking "it is no wonder KC turned out the way she did, 22 years in the same house with CA would've sent me over the edge too.

The thing with KC is I can't feel sorry for her b/c she knew it was wrong or else she wouldn't be trying to cover it up. And when I think about Caylee, how KC was the ONE person on this earth that Caylee should have been able to count on to protect her from harm and how instead of getting that, she got the mother who probably drugged her, smothered her, or strangled her then put her in a trash bag and dumped her on the side of the road practically. Then a couple hours later she went to Blockbuster with her boyfriend to rent movies. No I don't feel sorry for KC.

Nope, Never will and I hope she ROTS.. I cant stand to look at that smug face of hers while her sweet innocent child is no longer with us.. she is guilty and she knows it I just wish she would confess already!

EXACTLY!!! And to address some of the posts about Cindy and her role in this, I just cannot find it in my heart to have any sympathy over what Cindy may have put her through. I hate to admit this, because I don't believe that in real life I am anything like Cindy. I certainly wouldn't cover up, or even appear to be covering up a murder. However, none of us know who Cindy was before KC started her antics.

I am a normal rational person when it comes to everyone BUT the sociopaths in my life (I have two! Lucky me!). The best thing to do when there is a sociopath in your life is to get them out of it as fast as possible and with as little damage to yourself and those around you as possible. However, when you have no choice but to live/deal with the sociopath, like when they are your child, or your child's other parent or grandparent, you do start to deal with them in a way that you are in total control as much as possible. It has to be done. After watching this case unfold, I realized I treat both of my sociopaths very similar to the way Cindy treats KC. This is not to say that I agree with her actions. I believe she goes too far with the covering and cleaning up (but you do that too if you have a sociopath just not to this degree if you are smart). You begin to learn that you have to do everything because they are not responsible for ANYTHING. If it is going to get done, you better do it. You hide things to avoid embarrassment. You decide which battles to fight and keep as much in your control as you can because if you slip, even just a little, make no mistake, they see it and take advantage. It is much like dealing with a two year old. I never know what to think of Cindy, but if I was going to hand out sympathy to anyone but Caylee it would be the members of this family who have such a true blue sociopath in their life.
Sorry you're a member of the Double Sociopath Club--I'm a fellow member, and this describes my experience very well. I've said it before and will say it again: Cindy and George Anthony did not make Casey what she is today. Rather, she made them what they are.

All suffering makes me feel sad.
(respectfully snipped)

I know your post makes this clear, but I just wanted to reiterate: Casey Anthony is not suffering anything more than the momentary flashes of irritation and temper she experiences when, say, she gets frushtrated her parents won't just let her talk or, maybe, when the commissary is all out of Herbal Essence shampoo.

She is NOT suffering the loss of her child. She utterly lacks humanity. She is missing a microchip--nothing said or done to her in her early life could have changed that.

I know this is near-impossible for those who do not have first-hand experience with sociopaths. Heck, it's near-impossible, at times, for those of us who do! They are charming, and manipulative, and can convince you that they are worthy of your compassion.

For those of you feeling it for Casey Anthony---please realize that this is what is occurring. You are another victim of Casey Anthony, on a very small-scale level. And you'd better believe she revels in it, if it's reported to her.

ABSOLUTELY not.

You reap what you sow.

BUT I do believe in final justice- maybe not on this earth- but in the end.

Do I feel sorry for Casey? Do I feel sorry for Bundy or Hitler or the BTK killer? No. I believe with all my heart that she snuffed out the life of a baby girl just to satisfy a rage and to hurt her parents. I feel sorry for everyone who ever knew her.

I find it hard to believe that a new born can not be brought up contrary to any "evil gene"
that might be present? I don't know but hard to be fatalistic about a new born?
Hercule, many sociopaths do grow up to achieve admirable stature in the community. They become CEOs of companies, military generals, Presidents of the United States (no, I'm not thinking of any in particular...much.)

Why do these people--also lacking the capacity for empathy and devoid of conscience---fare "well," while others become murderers? Well, it's hard to say. If raised in a regimented environment with strict enforcement (like, say, sending an incorrigible boy to a military academy), a sort of external "conscience" can develop--but even this is no guarantee against later antisocial behavior.

(And really--the sociopaths who do "well," are still morally bankrupt and destructive; I guarantee that some of the CEOs mopping up bailout money right now are sociopaths, and they're contributing to far-reaching destruction.)

A good book about sociopathy is The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout, PhD.

Hercule, many sociopaths do grow up to achieve admirable stature in the community. They become CEOs of companies, military generals, Presidents of the United States (no, I'm not thinking of any in particular...much.)

Why do these people--also lacking the capacity for empathy and devoid of conscience---fare "well," while others become murderers? Well, it's hard to say. If raised in a regimented environment with strict enforcement (like, say, sending an incorrigible boy to a military academy), a sort of external "conscience" can develop--but even this is no guarantee against later antisocial behavior.

(And really--the sociopaths who do "well," are still morally bankrupt and destructive; I guarantee that some of the CEOs mopping up bailout money right now are sociopaths, and they're contributing to far-reaching destruction.)

A good book about sociopathy is The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout, PhD.
You bring up an interesting point:not all sociopaths manifest in anti-social criminal acts.I would hazzard most of them probably dont.
Though they ussually manage to lessen the quality of existance for many who have to associate with them (or God forbid work for them...)
And you really dont want to get between them and something they want.
They do clearly know the difference between right and wrong though they dont have any emotional investment in the concept.
For most its just one of those guide lines you have to be very aware of if you want to continue doing your thing without being interfered with.

Does anyone sympathize with KC:

After I heard that she told a friend she thought she was going crazy and wanted to be institutionalized, I felt a pang or two of pity. At least she showed signs that she knew her mind was slipping into a very dark place. And I think that's what happened... her mind slipped into a very dark place. But the fact that she's not displaying one iota of remorse makes it very hard to feel bad for her.

i only joined this site because of the casey anthony case and my obsession with it. i have read every document dump, watched every video, read AND heard the transcripts from all involved, and I KNOW that kc is guilty of killing her child.

i, like 99% of you, have been condemning her. she's wrong.

but right now, even after the gj hearing, the picture of her in the unbuttoned blue shirt and white glasses, the flippancy at the press conference and the crocodile tear, i actually feel bad for her.

even though she killed her child, even though she stole, lied, and cheated friends and family... even though she failed her parents and dropped out of school and lied to her grandmother, and even though she was promiscuous and had a child without a husband... is she undeserving of our compassion? because of all these actions we can safely say that at some point she was a victim too. of something BAD.

you might all think that she is evil. but right now, i don't. i feel that she is incredibly lost and scared and ripped off... don't know by who, but someone affected her... right now i honestly feel very sad for her.

this does not mean in any way that i understand or support her actions. i just think that if anyone could get to the point that she did in her behavior, then that in itself, is very tragic. she is not okay with it... no way.

okay... it's late, i'll read this when i wake up, i had a long day. but i really feel this way right now. i'm probably just being insane.

peace in the middle east,
david.

Bold mine

I don't think Casey is evil and there are others who do not either.

I do not think she was a victim of something *real bad* either !

I feel sad for her, sad that for whatever she has done, accident or rage killing , that she has thrown away not only a beautiful childs life but her own as well

I feel sorry the Casey's of the world lack human compassion, can not give or receive love, and cannot relate to other people with any depth of emotion. Behaviors may have been modified early on but no one cared enough to take action. That being said Casey knew right from wrong, thus the lies start. I'll save my sorrow for Caylee.

All I have done is upset myself.

I was/am in the camp of thinking "Put KC in a cage and poke her with pointy sticks"

But now I think KC might well have been a carbon copy of Caylee when she was that age.

I guess there must be a time or age when you are adult and responsible, but is that 10years old? 12? 16? 18? 21? I'd hate to judge that? And here we have KC just 22years old. The root of this problem when she was 17-18 years old. Would we have sympathy for the actions of a 17year old?

Do you have the same compassion for Joseph Duncan? Penny Beadreau? Couey?

They were kids once too? Just like Casey. Just like Caylee.

Pretty is as pretty does. Inside Casey is like every other murderer. Only worse than some. It was personal for her. The baby she killed loved her.

IMO

My thoughts exactly. The weird part is I keep thinking that she is just going to break down, like there is apart of me that just cannot accept that someone is really capable of what she has done-- its just not possible. But it is.

There actually ARE people who are unfairly accused and in desperate need of compassion and help.

They don't have pretty faces and million dollar defense teams OR even family standing by them.

Casey has/had so much most would appreciate. But, she doesn't. People might feel sad for her. But, that is more emotion than she will ever be able to return...or feel for anyone except herself.

Compassion for Casey is like throwing money down rat holes.

There are better places to invest.

IMO

Yes, I do feel sorry for Casey. I feel sorry for her because she will never have a normal life, she will never see Caylee's first day at school, her prom, her first date. She will never know what a mother really feels like. I feel sorry for Casey because she lacks empathy, understanding, compassion. She will never have the chance the "feel" anything for anyone but herself, regardless of where she sleeps at night. I feel sorry for Casey because she will never have the opportunity to be rehabilitated. Her life and the way she lived her life had many, many choices. Unfortunate for her and all those around her, Casey's decisions, whether planned or accidental, paved the road ahead of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.