Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #126

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brougt this over...

I totally disagree. He was implying they were going to have the same information that LE has had but would not release for June 17th calls and this would put the people she DID talk to on alert that it was going to come out. This isn't a scare tactic. I think LP knows what the records show already. It was a warning, imo.

You could be right there. At this point I don't rule out much of anything. Do you think it was his way of giving a heads up to them since not a scare tactic? My gut instinct is that LP is working with the defense.... though, even with that...I just don't have a clue.

There are some stores here, e.g. Publix (grocery store) that remember your information when you write a check. Once ID is shown the first time, is doesn't usually ask again for a while. Maybe she bought steaks and tons of beer and who knows what while she was playing house at Tony's.

I am a bit behind the times....did Casey in fact go to church this am?

Just a reminder to use names or initials when discussing those involved. Let's leave crasey behind and just use her name or initials.

I wonder why they have to go to all this trouble....why not ask Casey where she was when these phone calls were made? I guess even Leonard knows she lies.....

These records might be used at a trial to challenge an aspect of the prosecution's case, or as evidence in support of Casey.

Casey might not take the stand at her trial. This would be one way of getting in some evidence of her calls without Casey testifying. If Casey does testify, I wouldn't want to miss that cross-examination.

CASEY GIVE IT UP AND LET Caylee come home.
Praying for you Caylee as all the world is except your mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizmex
I doubt that some lawyer three years out of law school has the resources to break this case, given that it's Orlando LE's highest priority and that the FBI is also involved. Of course Baez is the only player with access to Casey. But you'd have to believe that Caylee was really kidnapped or otherwise given to another person in order to believe that Baez has a pipeline to meaningful information that could bring Caylee home alive.

I don't.

OR>>>>>>>>> He is involved with some of the "players" and that is why he got this case to begin with.

Don't think that is it..not quite...
But how about Geraldo got involved because of the drug connections to this??
Not that this case is not sensational enough!

Bringing this over from last thread:

My opinion: LE has spoken with all of these people and asked them to keep their mouths shut and out of the media. This is Team Casey's way of baiting them so they come out and start talking.

That is exactly what I am thinking. Remember Greg Riviera followed TonE to the bathroom trying to get him to talk. TonE was asked whether he is cooperating with LE and he emphatically said that he was.. really the only statement TonE made. Baez, Leonard, and Greg has not been able to get him - the prime witness, I believe, to talk.

Mimommy said...

"In my opinion - if I were Cindy Anthony (thankfully Im not) you dont want to talk - you dont want to tell me what you did with our ONLY grandchild - find another safe house Crasey! AGAIN - I say its time for some tough love."

MiMommy, I agree. If they had continued with their tough love after the initial 911 call, this might not have gone as far as it had. I think Casey thought Cindy calling 911 was an idle threat. She was wrong.

However, from the moment she was arrested and called the house that night, the infamous taped call, Cindy was all nice to her and saying but I don't know what your involvement was sweetheart. From that moment on, she was in front of the media, and on the stand at the bond hearing, defending Casey, probably because she felt bad for having her arrested. Don't think for a minute that Casey didn't observe this and think Aha, once again I have them in my back pocket and then she refused to talk.

If they had stuck with the tough love during that initial phone call home from jail, and at the bond hearing, then maybe, just maybe, she would have realized that no one was in her corner and she would have to spill. As long as she had people covering her tracks, why should she?

There are some stores here, e.g. Publix (grocery store) that remember your information when you write a check. Once ID is shown the first time, is doesn't usually ask again for a while. Maybe she bought steaks and tons of beer and who knows what while she was playing house at Tony's.
That could be too, and it would have to be some place her grandmother goes to then.

Bringing this over from last thread:

That is exactly what I am thinking. Remember Greg Riviera followed TonE to the bathroom trying to get him to talk. TonE was asked whether he is cooperating with LE and he emphatically said that he was.. really the only statement TonE made. Baez, Leonard, and Greg has not been able to get him - the prime witness, I believe, to talk.

Exactly. And most people cannot resist the temptation to "set the record straight." I hope these people can.

Brougt this over...

You could be right there. At this point I don't rule out much of anything. Do you think it was his way of giving a heads up to them since not a scare tactic? My gut instinct is that LP is working with the defense.... though, even with that...I just don't have a clue.
But that isn't true, is it? All he can get is a map of Casey's movements with the phone over a period of time. It's sad that he has to do this, but clearly he doesn't believe what Casey says about her movements, or at least feels the need to corroborate her claims.

LE can subpoena the phone records of the other people Leonard mentioned. The police already may have their movements confirmed.

These records might be used at a trial to challenge an aspect of the prosecution's case, or as evidence in support of Casey.

Casey might not take the stand at her trial. This would be one of getting in some evidence of her calls without Casey testifying. If Casey does testify, I wouldn't want to miss that cross-examination.

Yes, I can understand the need for the records to come in eventually but Leonard acts like he doesn't know who or when Casey talked on her cell phone. I'm thinking that he should just ask her, "Who did you talk to then, Casey? What did you talk about?" Or maybe, "Where were you when you called them? When did you last see the baby?" How about, "Did you spend Father's Day night with TonE? Where was Caylee that night?"
A few more....
"When did you first realize that you couldn't find the baby?"
"Who was the first person to ask you about the baby?"
"What did you tell them? Why?"
"What were you doing with those gas cans?"
"What did you need the neighbor's shovel for?"
"You told your parents and others that you had a job....did you?"

I guess the list could go on forever....

Just a question...

Does anyone think that Casey will be giving an interview in the media. If so who do you think will scoop that...it looks to me like Geraldo is working that direction with his buddying up to Jose Baez.

Who thinks Casey is going to cry and beg for Caylee on Geraldo or some show soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail