Found Deceased OR - Chase Cook, 22, Medford, 23 June 2012

I just called the number on the poster (I'm assuming it was a personal number) and asked if there were any updates on his case. She sounded like a very sweet woman but unfortunately she said there hadn't been any updates.
That's a darn shame.

I really feel like this story had just faded into the shadows.

I just checked the family's web page for Chase and there was a recent update FWIW.
They have a psychic involved working with LE, now.

Do we know what video games he played? Just started following this case after I saw Chase's FB page on one of my friend's page.

You beat me to posting the update!

I have been thinking of and looking for Chase all summer. I am hoping with cooler weather coming soon he will head back home to his mom or his dad. I know they have to be besides themselves with worry.

NamUs Profile

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/17654

Case Information
Status
Missing
First name
Chase
Middle name
Johnson
Last name
Cook
Nickname/Alias
Date LKA
June 23, 2012 00:00
Date entered
10/03/2012
Age LKA
22 to 22 years old
Age now
23 years old
Race
White
Ethnicity
Other
Sex
Male
Height (inches)
Weight (pounds)

Yesterday they reported that a gold miner in the foothills of Central Point (just north of Medford) found a decomposed body.

I believe that is why there are recent media reports on all the missing people in So OR.

LE said they feel like they know who the individual is, they are just waiting on dentals.

That body has been identified and it is NOT Chase.

Bumping for Chase.

According to the Find Chase FB page, his Mom believes he took his own life after vanishing nearly a year ago. Thinking of Chase, his family and friends.

Yes, the mom seems pretty sure. So sad for his family.

They found Chase's truck.

https://www.facebook.com/FindingChaseCook

We got a call from the detective yesterday. After almost exactly one year Chase's truck has been found. It was in the same general area as it was last seen (Provolt/Williams) and it had been repainted and parted out. The Medford police have what's left of it now as they investigate more. They will renew search efforts in that area.

http://www.facebook.com/events/460933363919006/

Wow, really having a rough morning. I can't seem to stop crying - not that I'm trying. The search team is out there right now looking for Chase's remains and I'm bracing for a phone call. Funny how keeping it a mystery has gotten me by for a year. They found his truck over by Provolt. His mail and pay stubs still in the cab. I don't blame someone for taking it after 4 days- we don't know who it was. The police are really inspired to search more thoroughly now that they know Chase is probably within walking distance from where the truck broke down. I don't understand why they are trying so hard...is that normal protocol or is it because it was a hole in their system that likely prevented us from finding Chase before it was too late? They will be using dogs, horses, and foot - and watercraft to comb the river. Imagining the scene is so surreal and awful to me. I am so broken right now

Is there any mention of them finding the gun he took with him? I heard they found papers of Chase's in the glove compartment box. Since finding the truck, the LE are combing the area for Chase's remains. I wish they would have done that a year ago. With all the meth going on around here it would not be hard to imagine that any car left sitting vacant for a few days would be stolen. Did Chase walk away from his truck and into the woods with a gun?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back