All About Chloroform #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
I'm not really finding a good link for the Fabreze but I did notice one site stated some of the ingredients are found in fabric softeners.
My post from yesterday seems to have disappeared on it, in fact I couldn't find the whole thread... but I checked my old spray bottle of Febreze. Nowhere does it list Chloroform as an ingredient. It is billed as a safe product(In fact it has the Good Housekeeping seal of approval on it) that may be used on carseats. The only precautions are to keep out of reach of children and don't spray directly towards the face. Ingredients: Contains odor neutralizers, quality control agents, perfume and water.

Just got back from a market, no cans of Febreze, although Bounce dryer sheets including Febreze. Neither of any of the spray bottles of Febreze, nor the dryer sheets list Chloroform! What a surprise, NOT!!! The active ingredient in many of the bottles was a form of ammonium chloride, IIRC...
Will check my other chain market next time I am there.

I don't know how I missed this article before but...

Chloroform, also known as trichloromethane, is a liquid that has been used in the past as an extraction solvent for fats, oils, greases, and other products; as a dry cleaning spot remover; in fire extinguishers; as a fumigant; and as an anesthetic (EPA). It was also used in the manufacture of fluorocarbons for refrigerants, propellants, and plastics (NTP, 1976). At present, the majority of chloroform is used to synthesize other chemicals. It is a possible Carcinogen."]Chloroform, also known as trichloromethane, is a liquid that has been used in the past as an extraction solvent for fats, oils, greases, and other products; as a dry cleaning spot remover; in fire extinguishers; as a fumigant; and as an anesthetic (EPA). It was also used in the manufacture of fluorocarbons for refrigerants, propellants, and plastics (NTP, 1976). At present, the majority of chloroform is used to synthesize other chemicals. It is a possible Carcinogen.

http://toxipedia.org/display/toxipedia/Chloroform

Oh lord SOTS. Bet you $10 that we will at some point in the not-too-distant future hear the DT float a theory that KC was keeping her dry-cleaned "work clothes" in the trunk.

I don't think that Baznme was stating it as a documented fact...just that a review of photos over time showed a distinct change in appearance.

I think I just realized that. I have been looking at the baby pictures and honestly I don't see anything like that - she looks fine to me. But could anyone direct me to some pictures that would show. If not, I will keep looking, but honestly the only time I see her looking a little tired and ADORABLE is the last pics released by LE and KC is playng the guitar - I think Caylee is wearing the big trouble shirt. Not sure - so many facts in this case. In that she looks tired.

You know, I think that Caylee spent most of her time around adults in their livingrooms with a ton of cigarettes going and beer and sleeping on couches (towards the end). I know that Amy H. disapproved of it - yes the same Amy that Lee says is a heroin addict- there is no limit to this family).

She should not have been at the parties - it really was wrong. I mean come on. Ricardo said she was staying over with Caylee five nights a week starting in February 2008 through around April (April is when Cindy goes to a counselor). You know your daughter is a liar and not working and stealing now upwards of hundreds of dollars and in some months as much as 3,000 from your account and you let her take the baby with her. I DON'T THINK SO. Cindy is in denial because she dropped the ball.

Cindy let that happen and it will come out at trial.

Oh lord SOTS. Bet you $10 that we will at some point in the not-too-distant future hear the DT float a theory that KC was keeping her dry-cleaned "work clothes" in the trunk.

And a few fire extinguishers, some refrigerants & whatever else they can throw in there....still won't work :)

I don't know how I missed this article before but...

Chloroform, also known as trichloromethane, is a liquid that has been used in the past as an extraction solvent for fats, oils, greases, and other products; as a dry cleaning spot remover; in fire extinguishers; as a fumigant; and as an anesthetic (EPA). It was also used in the manufacture of fluorocarbons for refrigerants, propellants, and plastics (NTP, 1976). At present, the majority of chloroform is used to synthesize other chemicals. It is a possible Carcinogen."]Chloroform, also known as trichloromethane, is a liquid that has been used in the past as an extraction solvent for fats, oils, greases, and other products; as a dry cleaning spot remover; in fire extinguishers; as a fumigant; and as an anesthetic (EPA). It was also used in the manufacture of fluorocarbons for refrigerants, propellants, and plastics (NTP, 1976). At present, the majority of chloroform is used to synthesize other chemicals. It is a possible Carcinogen.

http://toxipedia.org/display/toxipedia/Chloroform

For fair arguments sake, I believe it is an ingrediant in carpet cleaner such as "resolve". Possible one of the cleaning agents that G and C used to clean the car. Just trying to be fair here.

bbm
I agree.

Here are some of the causes for Dark Under Eye Circles that I have read & heard.

1) Heredity
2) Nasal congestion due to Allergies, cold, flu, infections
3) Children who's complexion is fair or uneven have a higher rate of developing under eye circles...
4) That lack of sleep causes the skin to be paler which accentuates the dark circles under your eyes and makes them appear more prominent.
--------------------------------------------------

But none of that answers the question of WHY the HIGH levels of Chloroform in the car/trunk

Intermezzo, I've read the very same verbage on the net but if you dig deeper you'll find some of those symptoms are exclusive to chloroform overexposure. I cannot link them here as I do not know what is allowed from the medical community. This is speculation on my part. I am not here to prove or disprove that chloroform was the means by which Caylee met her demise. I'm simply trying to determine if this decline in her healthy looks was something that took place over time because of something KC was doing. The chloroform is a very high indicator right now and I am sure that the experts will hash that out at the proper time. I do not have the answers. I wish I did.

The Chloroform has always been puzzling to me. I'm not doubting their findings or theories on chloroform but I somehow have a hard time believing she is smart enough to make it herself. E-how has the Difficulty as "Moderately Easy" but still...Maybe I'm underestimating her intelligence, I very well could be... She just doesn't seem very bright to me.

On a side note: I think it's funny that when I googled "how to make chloroform" the first result was from e-how and on the side of that page there is a "Top 5 To Try" from ehow. The second one is "How to Make Your Own Laundry Softener" and it states in that article
"Commercial liquid fabric softeners and dryer sheets reduce static in clothes and soften fabrics. But they can also be toxic to your health. The chemicals contained in these products--benzyl acetate, alpha-terpineol, chloroform, to name a few--"

Read more: How to Make Your Own Laundry Softener | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_6541341_make-own-laundry-softener.html#ixzz1IZvidB7V
If the defense is really trying to go with the "fabric softener" theory it's kind of Ironic that they may have found their defense on the same page Casey used to learn how to make the chloroform in the first place.

Intermezzo, I've read the very same verbage on the net but if you dig deeper you'll find some of those symptoms are exclusive to chloroform overexposure. I cannot link them here as I do not know what is allowed from the medical community. This is speculation on my part. I am not here to prove or disprove that chloroform was the means by which Caylee met her demise. I'm simply trying to determine if this decline in her healthy looks was something that took place over time because of something KC was doing. The chloroform is a very high indicator right now and I am sure that the experts will hash that out at the proper time. I do not have the answers. I wish I did.

Okay, under the pictures thread in websleths, if you look at post number 57, there is a clear picture of Caylee towards the end of her life and she hAS CLEAR circles under her eyes. She looks very tired or someone who is not sleeping enough. I see it. You can tell it is near the end of her life because her hair is long about the length of hair she has in the pictures released BY LE with the pink shirt on.

Very sad indeed. She looks tired. Her eyes are red imo.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93786&page=3

I remember reading that there were traces of chloroform in the syringe found in the gatorade bottle....I wonder if Caylee was injected with chloroform, would that cause 10,000 more times the chloroform found in decomposition? :waitasec:

Dr. Vass had stated there was 10,000 more times the amount than normal....

I remember reading that there were traces of chloroform in the syringe found in the gatorade bottle....I wonder if Caylee was injected with chloroform, would that cause 10,000 more times the chloroform found in decomposition? :waitasec:

Dr. Vass had stated there was 10,000 more times the amount than normal....

i thought this was a theory most people here had.. a while ago anyway.
from what i understood, there was chloroform found in the syringe along with steroids of some variety? and also on the mamma doll? some here even thought that she was "practicing" injecting the doll with chloroform before caylee?

Okay, under the pictures thread in websleths, if you look at post number 57, there is a clear picture of Caylee towards the end of her life and she hAS CLEAR circles under her eyes. She looks very tired or someone who is not sleeping enough. I see it. You can tell it is near the end of her life because her hair is long about the length of hair she has in the pictures released BY LE with the pink shirt on.

Very sad indeed. She looks tired. Her eyes are red imo.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93786&page=3

Caylee sure does look tired. No child that age should have bags under their eyes. I hope they throw CA in the cell next to ICA. Then they can lie to each other day after day and give each other their evil smirck. It's apparent that CA will do anything for ICA, even overlook the fact she killed her own child. They are a couple of sick ***** CA's comment about the Fabreze has pushed me over the edge. It's brought back all that hatred I had for her at the beginning. How am I going to make it through the trial? :banghead:

Please move if inappropriate

An email I received from P&G -
As I stated in another thread, I emailed P&G because "quite frankly" (which means I really wasn't.. just wanted to prove a point) I was concerned about hosing my sofa and kids shoes, bedding and my car down with Chloroform every time I ran for the Febreez.

Here's what they had to say (copied and pasted)
Thanks for contacting Febreze [ ref:00D7JViV.5007GThHi:ref ]
Sent By:
"\"P&G North America\" <pg_naconsumerrelations@mailnj.custhelp.com>" <pg_naconsumerrelations@mailnj.custhelp.com> On: Apr 04/06/11 4:51 PM
To: "mary" <xxxx@comcast.net>

Dear Mary,

Thank you for contacting Febreze.

I must assure that absolutely no version of Febreze contains or as you asked, "off gases" or emits Chloroform. I really appreciate that you took the time to share this information with us. Our products are thoroughly evaluated to be safe when used as directed. Additionally, we maintain an ongoing safety monitoring program to assure the highest standards of safety and quality. We understand your concerns and I&#8217;ll be sharing your comments with the rest of the Febreze team.

Please visit our website www.pg.com/productsafety to view a list of the ingredients that are used in our products. We would also be happy if you helped us to quell this rumour by sharing this information with friends and family.

Thanks again for contacting Febreze.

Raynor A.
Febreze Team

Haha! I'll bet Mr Raynor A of the Febreeze team will be "sharing this info" with the rest of the Febreeze team. Can we say....what is it slander or libel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie