FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning. The timeline AS TOLD, does give one pause don't it?
Somebody mentioned that first Monday interview which I haven't found a Firstcoastnews version of, but it seems the Sheriff says they searched like an hour and a half before flagging down. When according to the MPR they could have only been there about 10 or 15 minutes in that area. I wondered if the time on the MPR was started when the detective arrived even later, or was this started by Det. Coan. We don't know when DT left work. We only know when she said she left. We don't know when AC did anything because he is not mentioned in the MPR except as someone being picked up at the park, no particular stated time. And as I mentioned a couple days ago, how could he be "picked up" and "still down there looking"

Though he wasn't asked to give a statement at the time, he did talk with LE later that night in an informal setting. Walking around, I told him what WE........
Now, that to me is an unconscious word choice. It indicates to me a discussion of what occured. Since all timelines are given by one person with the exception of SP saying what time the kids arrived, it is DT who lays them out. She text him first at 4PM (she says) from where we don't know as her job has not confirmed what time she left, he text or calls back with THE NEWS. She says then 20 minutes after first call she texts CP (whom we don't know where he was) but, SP and presumably CP also agree he arrived at a few minutes after 5. Has there ever been a shorter timeline for a crime to take place, in broad daylight with LE and people all around? Despite the fact the MPR says last secured at 3:10 for some reason, we can presume she was last seen by either K., or her friend from school before then. Both seem to cover about the same time perid. But, in truth we don't know if either is accurate.
Surprise! One because it was given by a young minor who may or not have the same memory as other children who place her somewhere else (last seen running west on Gano past the Debarry turnoff). And K., who called NOT LE with his story, but contacted a reporter first instead. If he dad talked to LE first, he probably would have been instructed to NOT talk to the media, I would think. Just my rethinking before I go to work today.

Very concise and lays this out really well.

However, the REPORTER contacted Kyle. NOT Kyle contacted the reporter from info given by Momma D many threads ago.

Just food for thought... the LE could have told this Kyle character he was the last one to see her alive in hopes of seeing his reaction (you know, some police tactic to see study a persons body language while looking for suspects). It might be that he in fact wasn't the last person to see her alive.

Red by me

THis mentions the patrol/police cars that were around her route. I've seen this mentioned a few times now. Whoever did this, did this when LE was in the neighborhood. That has to tell us something about the kind of person who did this or how it could have happened with no one, not even police noticing.

I wonder if patrol/police cars that was seen was a unmarked vehicle possibly a white chevy caprice?

~snipped~

Originally Posted by houndstooth
Good Morning. The timeline AS TOLD, does give one pause don't it?
Somebody mentioned that first Monday interview which I haven't found a Firstcoastnews version of, but it seems the Sheriff says they searched like an hour and a half before flagging down. When according to the MPR they could have only been there about 10 or 15 minutes in that area.

They (as a group) started searching at 3:10 or whatever time Sean actually sent AT or AT and ST out to search. When Diena flagged down the officer, at almost 5 p.m., they (as a group) would have been searching almost two hours.

I ran across that video yesterday before I started summarizing. I'll try to find it again.

Did you know that they did a wireless amber alert for Somer? Text messages sent on cell phones, etc. They have it on their website.

http://www.achildismissing.org/

Not only did they use A Child is Missing, they used something through the schools called Educate.

See my link on page 1 of this thread that summarizes video
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4555177&postcount=21"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread 30[/ame]

AMBER Alert and Child is Missing (phone system in which LE controls radius) and Educate link (through school system) so they got word out quickly.

They are going to give me a lock of her hair, but I'm
not going to be able to see her," said Thompson, 34. "I wanted to tell
somebody that
, so maybe it'll make somebody want to say something if
they've seen anything. Anything. Somebody please tell."

Beseler said. Somer’s
casket was closed for the viewing and it was recommended her mother not
view her daughter. Thompson has a lock of her daughter’s hair. “It
just probably was better to keep the memory of her alive the last time
she saw her rather than her present condition,” Beseler said. “It’s
just a recommendation. You’ve got to remember she was in a landfill for
a couple of days.”

DT comment of I just wanted to "tell somebody that" sounds more like she is giving someone info

Hey everyone, finally checking back in.

You know, I haven't mentioned this before, but last summer when DT and I talked on the phone, DT was also in touch with another common friend/neighbor of ours...sharing the news of my husbands passing.

DT told that friend, that she (DT) was in a bad relationship, and had been threatened by the boyfriend (who I just assumed was Perry), the threat was that if she ever left or tried to leave him, he would kill her or the kids...or harm them in some way. Now dont quote me verbatem, because this came from our common friend. The another thing mentioned was that the current boyfriend (at that time) didn't want the kids, he only wanted DT.

Now, once again, this is info from a 3rd party, so I don't know how accurate it might be. BUT, since Perry has been looked at extensively Im sure, could DT have had a different boyfriend last summer who wouldnt go away and maybe sought revenge?

I see there aren't too many on here right now, so I shall check back later.

Have a good day everyone!

Hey trigger, I love your poochie...what a sweet looking bundle of fur.

LOL. Thanx....Hes a handful...

I had a dream last night about a storage shed. So I went and searched storage units in the area. Theres one 4miles away. So I googled the storage unit and it was not in my dream so I went to the address to the burnt house using google earth and came upon a road The Grove Rd. I wonder if its houses or what? Anyway I took it down that street and to my amazement there was the sheds I saw in my dream. Freaky.. I wonder if that is the back of the park?

You know, I haven't mentioned this before, but last summer when DT and I talked on the phone, DT was also in touch with another common friend/neighbor of ours...sharing the news of my husbands passing.

DT told that friend, that she (DT) was in a bad relationship, and had been threatened by the boyfriend (who I just assumed was Perry), the threat was that if she ever left or tried to leave him, he would kill her or the kids...or harm them in some way. Now dont quote me verbatem, because this came from our common friend. The another thing mentioned was that the current boyfriend (at that time) didn't want the kids, he only wanted DT.

Now, once again, this is info from a 3rd party, so I don't know how accurate it might be. BUT, since Perry has been looked at extensively Im sure, could DT have had a different boyfriend last summer who wouldnt go away and maybe sought revenge?

Hmmmm it makes sense to me. DT always when speaking, she seemed to be talking to someone, like she knew the killer. JMO.

LOL. Thanx....Hes a handful...

I had a dream last night about a storage shed. So I went and searched storage units in the area. Theres one 4miles away. So I googled the storage unit and it was not in my dream so I went to the address to the burnt house using google earth and came upon a road The Grove Rd. I wonder if its houses or what? Anyway I took it down that street and to my amazement there was the sheds I saw in my dream. Freaky.. I wonder if that is the back of the park?

I don't know, but I do know someone who probably would know...if she's not flippin' burgers today, I'm sure she will respond to your post. In your dream, did something happen in the storage shed? Can you elaborate more about your dream?

I saw a male carrying her in there. She looked like she was sleeping but she wasn't. He placed her down and walked out. In my dream I saw a made shift type of roof over the shed and couldn't make it out until I saw them on this street. It was very very dark. The male was wearing a baseball hat and had brown hair.

and something else? who would call all the neighbors to see if Somer was there? SP? I don't think so....MO.....couldn't have been AT, she was sent back out to search twice, right? and if anyone did call the neighbors, when did they do this? After LE was flagged down and taken to the home? all so confusing to me....

I think probably DT called them on her way home from work (the list of neighbors) between the time she left work and 4:20 when she called her boyfriend to come home to help look for Somer. Just my thoughts.

I saw a male carrying her in there. She looked like she was sleeping but she wasn't. He placed her down and walked out. In my dream I saw a made shift type of roof over the shed and couldn't make it out until I saw them on this street. It was very very dark. The male was wearing a baseball hat and had brown hair.

Let me guess, teenager? bushy hair perhaps?

I don't think PC has been looked at too much at all, so thanks for bringing this up. So, some questions from me for you all.

We have three different stories about AB, the neighbor.
1. She walks the children home everyday from school. 2. She couldn't give the T kids a ride home from school that day because the car was too full. 3. A babysitter picked her child up from school that day.

SP is sitting at DT's probably with a car and doesn't pick them up.

How did DT meet SP? In the infamous Halloween pics which are now gone on the net, SP is at the party. I did not see PC, but that doesn't mean he wasn't there and was not photo op'ed.

I figured that DT meet SP through PC as they are from the same teeny town, at least at one point in life. Maybe DT met PC through SP. I still wonder how she met her very, very good friend.

Who was the normal adult babysitter for the children after school? Where was that person that day? Who knew the routine was different and SP would be there after school?Still, no one could predict that she would run off by herself.

I really do not see how someone could plan this.

SP and PC could no longer have a friendship.

SP could have been there because DT was going to have it out with PC. Weekends can be hard on a relationship.

PC listed he was single on his MS.

Is there a boyfriend in between?

Why have AC at the park?

Don't most kids have cell phones?

Why wouldn't dogs pick up her scent past a certain point, although dogs did not pick up where Elizabeth Olten was buried.

Would they pick up her scent if she was in a thick plastic bag? (Hate writing that)

How could her scent be covered up unless she was in a vehicle at some point? If she was at the Gano house, I don't think LE would see a thing out on the street.

I swing between 95% Gano and then 95% the politically incorrect choice.

I'm not surprised by us not hearing from SP anywhere in the past 56 days.

Just a couple of things....

If SP was there that afternoon not just as a friend "doing lunch" with DT but as a Indigo Healing Practitioner his clients files & interactions would be deemed confidential like any other dr or counsellor.

Maybe AC knew to be down at OPAA looking for ST because he was already home that day - maybe home since lunch - for HIS appointment with SP.

I have been out of the loop for weeks on this case.... (traveling for work) and I wondered if they ever gave a cause of death for Somer?

I have been out of the loop for weeks on this case.... (traveling for work) and I wondered if they ever gave a cause of death for Somer?

NO COD :( (it's been determind but NOT released)
NO ONE'S BEEN CLEARED EITHER.
(only the sherrif himself by himself)

I honestly doubt we'll have an arrest before the holidays either...

Unfortunately our only way of knowing FOR SURE is to wait and see.

I'm not surprised by us not hearing from SP anywhere in the past 56 days.

Just a couple of things....

If SP was there that afternoon not just as a friend "doing lunch" with DT but as a Indigo Healing Practitioner his clients files & interactions would be deemed confidential like any other dr or counsellor.

Maybe AC knew to be down at OPAA looking for ST because he was already home that day - maybe home since lunch - for HIS appointment with SP.

BBM

Is that true? Would the files and interactions of an Indigo Healing Practitioner be confidential? Is Indigo Practitioner recognized as being at the same level as doctor/patient, counselor/patient privilege?

Adding to my list of things to find out.

The concept of "doctor-patient confidentiality" derives from English COMMON LAW and is codified in many states' statutes. It is based on ethics, not law, and goes at least as far back as the Roman Hippocratic Oath taken by physicians. It is different from "doctor-patient privilege," which is a legal concept. Both, however, are called upon in legal matters to establish the extent by which ethical duties of confidentiality apply to legal privilege. Legal privilege involves the right to withhold EVIDENCE from DISCOVERY and/or the right to refrain from disclosing or divulging information gained within the context of a "special relationship." Special relationships include those between doctors and patients, attorneys and clients, priests and confessors or confiders, guardians and their wards, etc.

http://www.enotes.com/everyday-law-encyclopedia/doctor-patient-confidentiality]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member