FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Don't have a clue about CPC and DT and SP's interchangeable relationship or possible connections to one another. SP and DT and DT's family are friends on FB but CPC is not on there. Could SP have once been more than a friend, then he was replaced by CPC but still hung around and they "remained friends" as it is said...

2. It's not so much CPC's job but his choice of friends and activities that don't fit in with the alternative/healthy choices: Harley, beer, *advertiser censored*, more "hard living" shall we say. Motorcycle groups of this type generally have no use for new age philosophy or lifestyle. Not trying to be judgemental or off subject, but I do wonder if CPC's favorite viewing activity was indulged in at home with the kids listening...

3. See #1, don't know. What strikes me odd is that this "very very" good friend was never asked to go to the home before, when the kids did not have adult supervision on their way home. This tells me that someone was aware Somer was having difficulties and DT felt it necessary to have someone waiting there on that day? Let's remember, not only Somer, but her twin, had JUST TURNED SEVEN. That means they were more like Six. DT said on TV that Somer didn't feel well and didn't want to go to school that day. Maybe she didn't want to face being "picked on"? DT sent her, went to work, came home from lunch, and, allegedly, asked SP to stay. Is there any proof positive that he stayed at the house the entire time? Does anyone know where ST went after he was interviewed by LE?

4, If the killer planned it they could have put her in a garbage bag right along with the other trash near the empty house. How and when she would have been transferred out of the bag or into the dumpster he knows. All of this could have been done behind the house or she could have been dragged by a strong person any place. It's the timing that matters most here, IMO The murder could have taken place very quietly and in a second by a strong person.

I have seen a lot of people die, and the greater majority of them did not release their bowels/bladders at the time. On the other hand, I have seen gruesome cases where backed up waste came out of various orifices. She might have gone to the bathroom shortly before leaving school, no waste in her body then.

Yes, I can see the sick of it thing totally. I know that I may get flamed here, but having so many children, working, DT going to school, imminent divorce, and who knows what else leads to stress.

Am I saying everyone in those circumstances loses it? NO.

I am saying that some do lose it in those circumstances.

But the body disposal still doesn't set well. Remember, when a person dies their bowels release. Clean up issues. I know I am being very dispassionate here, but it's something that needs to be addressed.
Luckily, they had a big enough garbage bag in the vehicle. That could happen.

Alright, I've got my bic flicked, so get ready Human, here comes the flame (Just Kidding - I couldn't resist). I commend Diena for going to school to better herself (which in the long run would benefit her kids financially), holding down a full time job without going on welfare like so many do, trying to keep the children with her instead of relinquishing her parental rights & putting them in foster care. I'm certain her life was stressed.. h*ll; I had it tough juggling a full time job, ONE child & a husband. I can imagine the stress she was under. But the fact remains she was trying to better herself and the lives of her kids. My Dad didn't contact me in over two years & tried to blame my mother for his lack of being a father figure in my younger years. He had parental rights & could have exercised them any time he chose, but didn't. He was making no attempt to see me, nor was he paying my mother child support. She had to hire an attorney & fight to make him pay. My mom worked two jobs just to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table. She was never home because she was always working & yes, I was a latch key kid at a very early age. The alternative was to let the State take me & put me in foster care. But she didn't let that happen. I don't see my mother as being a bad parent - I see her as doing everything within her power to keep her child... she loved me that much! And sure - she had desires, wants and needs of her own. When she had the time, she would go to a party or out on a date... she was human; she was lonely... but she was far from a ho. So I guess it's safe to say I will defend Diena with every bit of strength in my fingertips.

I have seen a lot of people die, and the greater majority of them did not release their bowels/bladders at the time. On the other hand, I have seen gruesome cases where backed up waste came out of various orifices. She might have gone to the bathroom shortly before leaving school, no waste in her body then.

Are you a nurse? I that how you have seen a lot of people die? Just curious...

I believe that I read in one of the comments from a local on News4Jax that CPC did NOT go to work that day. Don't have a clue where that is.

Is it possible that DT and CPC had an argument the night before, and that's why DT asked SP to come to the house, and wait for the children to get home? That she was afraid he would hurt one of them?

IDK, but that makes sense to me . . .

Alright, I've got my bic flicked, so get ready Human, here comes the flame (Just Kidding - I couldn't resist). I commend Diena for going to school to better herself (which in the long run would benefit her kids financially), holding down a full time job without going on welfare like so many do, trying to keep the children with her instead of relinquishing her parental rights & putting them in foster care. I'm certain her life was stressed.. h*ll; I had it tough juggling a full time job, ONE child & a husband. I can imagine the stress she was under. But the fact remains she was trying to better herself and the lives of her kids. My Dad didn't contact me in over two years & tried to blame my mother for his lack of being a father figure in my younger years. He had parental rights & could have exercised them any time he chose, but didn't. He was making no attempt to see me, nor was he paying my mother child support. She had to hire an attorney & fight to make him pay. My mom worked two jobs just to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table. She was never home because she was always working & yes, I was a latch key kid at a very early age. The alternative was to let the State take me & put me in foster care. But she didn't let that happen. I don't see my mother as being a bad parent - I see her as doing everything within her power to keep her child... she loved me that much! And sure - she had desires, wants and needs of her own. When she had the time, she would go to a party or out on a date... she was human; she was lonely... but she was far from a ho. So I guess it's safe to say I will defend Diena with every bit of strength in my fingertips.

DT wasn't your mom or you. She is Somer's mom and we still don't know if she played a role in her death. Remember even Caylee's mom could be defended by some. DT has not made it very easy for people to like her. Her association with crazy flaky people has been noted. Frankly, I feel her other kids are in danger. So you can defend her all you like that doesn't mean you are right about her. We can attack her all we want but that doesn't mean it's the truth either. All we know is that Somer is dead and she may not have been if DT provided adequate after school supervision.

Since we have been discussing SP and CPC I re-visited the latter's MySpace page. A few things:

Under Interests:
"ridin' dirty on the motorcycle"! (punctuation his)
Truckin' in my Peterbilt!" (this is the kind of truck he drives for work?)

Also, under children:
"proud parent" Does this refer to DT's kids or does he have kids of his own - not that having his own kids would have anything to do with Somer unless he had mistreated them, etc. would give pause...

Under his friends, he has posted the Amber Alert pic of Somer, and he calls her "Oby", which I guess was his nickname for her.

On the MySpace, it lists June, 2007 so he may have indeed been "single" (i.e., not in relationship with DT at that time).

I would like to respond to Chee: As far as I know, nobody in Somer's immediate network of family or friends has been ruled out. I personally am trying to approach this from a detached manner, but using common sense with discretion and without being judgmental toward DT, I must hold to my opinion that Somer being young and having those well-known behaviors put her at risk for trouble waiting to happen.

On Noway's excellent summary, she highlights some of the former babysitter's remarks where she states that Somer's frequent "trips" (disappearances) would last from 20 minutes to an hour. DT left a list "in case" she was gone ... longer. How long is too long for a just-turned seven year old?

Timeline: CPC SAID that DT called and asked him to get off work (1620 hrs.) and that he arrived at the house (1700 hours), got the twin (left AT home?) and searched the neighborhood. This is what he told police.

DT told police that SP texted her 1600 hours. That leaves 20 minutes between the text and the call to boyfriend. This means DT was looking in the park and CPC would look in the neighborhood.

One also has to wonder why SP did not take the twin and AT and go out and look again after he texted DT.

I don't care if you flame me Chee. I just used the flame to make S'mores-marshmallow, chocolate, graham cracker. I'm full now though.

I am not saying anyone is a bad parent.

There is a study that says that people can take up to three stresses-I think it's 3 and not 2. One of them is poverty and another is 4 or more children. I'm not saying DT is in poverty. I'm just trying to remember the stressors.

That study is referring to any human being and the stress they can take before it breaks them down. And that family had a lot of stressors even before the tragedy. I'm going to see if I can find it on the net. I heard it at a training and all I remembered is that stress raises the cortisol levels to bad levels.

Maybe Somer wasn't feeling well that day because of an explosive argument had taken place in her home the night before. Diena could have felt okay about letting Somer go to school that day knowing that she probably wasn't really sick.

I was in an abusive relationship many years ago. When 4mer told us what she did earlier, all of a sudden the "lunch" with SP made sense - she was letting him in, not knowing what was going to happen with CPC.

Walking out of her office but not letting anyone know that something was wrong makes sense also, because of not wanting anyone there to know something was wrong with her home life (verbal abuse, etc.).

Calling CPC to "help look" makes no sense, but calling him to see where he was and what he was doing certainly does. He had plenty of time . . . then CPC shows up and is soooo comforting (as anyone who has been in an abusive relationship knows, and they are so sorry for whatever they did) . . .

Short drive to Green Cove Springs and back.

Chicken Pants - you asked the question earlier if anyone would notice a male tossing a garbage bag into a dumpster. I'll take that question one step further - would anyone notice anyone putting something in the garbage the evening before trash pick up day?

Especially at that time of day when so many people are rushing to get home from work to make dinner & do all the other things that need to be done at the end of the day - and probably feeling tired on top of it all after being at work all day.

IMO, the person could have put her in the trash in full view of the public and might have still gone unnoticed. People tend to see what they expect to see, and only notice what they choose to pay attention to, and if their minds are on other things, might not see anything at all because they're so distracted by their own thoughts and busy lives.

Please bear with me as I figure out how to respond to specific posts like you all do here.

I was asked if I am a nurse. No. I have worked in healthcare for 30 years and have had the privilege of being asked to stay at the side of many dying people. I have kept vigil until the end, and then afterwards. So I have also been with people at these, and other times of horrendous grief, at the time and afterward. I work in an administrative capacity but am very personally involved on a day to day basis. Because of this, I see human nature at its worst and often at its best. It is true that people grieve differently. I must add that there are certain trends in behaviors of people that give rise to the sincerity of their actions. The operative word is: trend.

Now if someone could give me a respond-to-your-post-only tutorial, I would be grateful. You all do G R E A T W O R K H E R E.

Chicken Pants - you asked the question earlier if anyone would notice a male tossing a garbage bag into a dumpster. I'll take that question one step further - would anyone notice anyone putting something in the garbage the evening before trash pick up day?

Especially at that time of day when so many people are rushing to get home from work to make dinner & do all the other things that need to be done at the end of the day - and probably feeling tired on top of it all after being at work all day.

IMO, the person could have put her in the trash in full view of the public and might have still gone unnoticed. People tend to see what they expect to see, and only notice what they choose to pay attention to, and if their minds are on other things, might not see anything at all because they're so distracted by their own thoughts and busy lives.

I have a friend who told me once if you want to do something wrong, act like it is perfectly normal and no one will notice. In case you are wondering, there were some sweet rolls at a meeting that we were not a part of, and we wanted one. She had noticed that people get away with things if they act totally confident. Just act if you belong and it's perfectly normal.

But did they have a bag in their vehicle? If it is PC, would DT cover for him?

Please bear with me as I figure out how to respond to specific posts like you all do here.

I was asked if I am a nurse. No. I have worked in healthcare for 30 years and have had the privilege of being asked to stay at the side of many dying people. I have kept vigil until the end, and then afterwards. So I have also been with people at these, and other times of horrendous grief, at the time and afterward. I work in an administrative capacity but am very personally involved on a day to day basis. Because of this, I see human nature at its worst and often at its best. It is true that people grieve differently. I must add that there are certain trends in behaviors of people that give rise to the sincerity of their actions. The operative word is: trend.

Now if someone could give me a respond-to-your-post-only tutorial, I would be grateful. You all do G R E A T W O R K H E R E.

I'm just wondering about this because the bowels relax at death. Don't people ,when they are close to death, have some kind of medical thing attached to their bodily functions?

I'm asking because I don't know. I am so not into medical stuff. Not my thing at all.

Just use the quote on the bottom of the post you are responding to. It's right next to thanks.

Hi again, I hit multi-post this time trying to respond to sorrell (lol)

My point exactly. It is a normal day, people go in and out with trash bags all of the time...especially the day before pick-up. Let's say you are a crossing guard (watching the kids who are being KIDS - TOUGH JOB) or a parent (watching your own kid) and there are people and cars and noise, etc...you are not focusing on the side of the road looking to see if perhaps a man you don't recall seeing is heaving a trash bag near the empty house people have been working on. After I posted that, I realized she was not found in a trash bag, but perp could have picked up the bag and slid her into the dumpster...the problem is, how is it nobody saw a body in the dumpster? But then when we toss bags in, we don't stand on our heads and look to see if there is a body there.

TOtally inocuous day, no reason for anyone to suspect anything or anyone in this quiet little neighborhood where the "....neighbors were on the look out for DT's kids". (Where did I see that?)

How long would it take a strong person to suffocate, wrench the neck, or bash in the head of a 3 ft. little girl, slide her in a garbage bag, put it with other garbage bags, or leave it in the pile and slide her out later into the dumpster - but that part does not make sense, does it? Did LE check out the Gano house that first night - I am sorry if I can't remember. It just seems that the time and opportunity were there at that Gano house - where she could have been dragged through various kinds of construction materials before being disposed of.... and that it was a person she went willingly to, raising no suspicion.

The fact that LE ruled out all of the RSO's so quickly I feel was a signal to someone who killed Somer that LE was onto family/friends/intimate acquaintenances. Ruling out the RSO's, IMO was the ONLY piece of "real" news LE has ever let out in public. Thanks for bearing with my opinions.

Maybe Somer wasn't feeling well that day because of an explosive argument had taken place in her home the night before. Diena could have felt okay about letting Somer go to school that day knowing that she probably wasn't really sick.

I was in an abusive relationship many years ago. When 4mer told us what she did earlier, all of a sudden the "lunch" with SP made sense - she was letting him in, not knowing what was going to happen with CPC.

Walking out of her office but not letting anyone know that something was wrong makes sense also, because of not wanting anyone there to know something was wrong with her home life (verbal abuse, etc.).

Calling CPC to "help look" makes no sense, but calling him to see where he was and what he was doing certainly does. He had plenty of time . . . then CPC shows up and is soooo comforting (as anyone who has been in an abusive relationship knows, and they are so sorry for whatever they did) . . .

Short drive to Green Cove Springs and back.
BBM

If it is true she walked out of her office without letting someone know, it must be a very laid back office where no one is accountable to anyone. I've been a medical clerk/receptionist for a very busy office where there was someone either in your face or on the phone for 8 hours a day, never a break. How do you just get up and walk out under circumstances like that without letting your boss know you are leaving? Most times I had to get someone to cover the desk and phone while I took a bathroom break. Maybe they had several receptionist in the office, though, IDK, but we could not just leave without telling someone.

Also, I would like to know when SP arrived at DT's house. Was he there when she left for work? Did he come there after she got home for lunch? If not, did he have a key to let himself in and be already waiting for her when she got home for lunch? Just something I wonder about.

I have a friend who told me once if you want to do something wrong, act like it is perfectly normal and no one will notice. In case you are wondering, there were some sweet rolls at a meeting that we were not a part of, and we wanted one. She had noticed that people get away with things if they act totally confident. Just act if you belong and it's perfectly normal.

You're totally right, Human - if a person does whatever it is they're doing with confidence, no one notices. I used to know someone who worked as a department store security guard. It was his job to catch shoplifters. This was back in the day before store cameras & anti-theft devices were on everything. He told me he just paid attention to body language. Makes me wonder how many confident shoplifters got away with it! LOL!

Respond to a specific post by hitting the quote button. The posters post will appear and you type below it.

BBM

I just cannot comprehend ANY mother doing that. I've never seen a man who is as important or more important to me than my child, never.

The bowels and bladder can relax. However, if the person had recently gone to the bathroom, there would be next to nothing there. When elderly persons die over a period of time they gradually break down and are usually dehydrated having ceased those functions a while back. It's my guess Somer went potty at school before coming ... i was going to say home.

No mother in her "right mind" would. Sometimes very powerful men use a lot of tactics to gain the trust of and power over women who would never dream of doing anything questionable. Sometimes it is drugs that are involved, or like a previous poster said, it may be threats to the mom and her kids, subtle but believable. Some times a person can't see what is right in front of them because they can't cope with the possibility that a person they want to believe is a liar or worse. True?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail