OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

I'm getting older, wiser and jaded and have read too many cases on here....but as soon as I read the fiance was the last to see her I subconciously rolled my eyes.....I hope this is not the case and she is just having a break somewhere

I'm getting older, wiser and jaded and have read too many cases on here....but as soon as I read the fiance was the last to see her I subconciously rolled my eyes.....I hope this is not the case and she is just having a break somewhere

I did the same thing..Need to check the fiancee first and then go from there.

Police now suspect foul play :(

http://www.local12.com/News/Local/s...WfZ0rpkuNpRRLpddC-w.cspx#.TkxImqS3_Ik.twitter

Something that is puzzling me. It could be that it's just facts omitted from the story by reporting but the way I'm reading/hearing it, it seems the fiance could not reach her then went to her house and when he saw her car there his heart dropped. My question is...did he not go to where she worked first (this is where he expected her to be.) If not, and if he didn't call there- I find that extremely odd.

I don't know...I hate to say it too but something about the fiance is bothering me. Although, he's speaking of her in the present tense rather than in the past, which is a good sign.

:waitasec:

Not to dissect his words, but her fiance said her dog looked like it had "been there awhile." Now, to me, that sounds like he'd been there longer than the 3 days since he'd seen her. I guess three days could be considered "awhile" but been there awhile to me sounds like her dog was skinny, dehydrated, etc.

I'm wondering if it was out of character for her to just send a random txt with a picture of herself. Wondering if there were any words attached or if it was just a pic.

Such a strange disappearance...

Not to dissect his words, but her fiance said her dog looked like it had "been there awhile." Now, to me, that sounds like he'd been there longer than the 3 days since he'd seen her. I guess three days could be considered "awhile" but been there awhile to me sounds like her dog was skinny, dehydrated, etc.

I'm wondering if it was out of character for her to just send a random txt with a picture of herself. Wondering if there were any words attached or if it was just a pic.

Such a strange disappearance...

I think he meant lots of poop and pee in the room rather than a sick dog from starvation.

the pic is odd.

I think he meant lots of poop and pee in the room rather than a sick dog from starvation.

the pic is odd.

Yeah, you're right. I thought about the pee/poop thing after I posted. I thought about what it would look like if my 2 little dogs were left in my room for 3 days... pee/poop everywhere and anything shreddable, ripped to tiny pieces.

I'm so hoping the fiance didn't have anything to do with her disappearance.

I hope it is not the fiance, but it sure looks bad.
She was with her fiance on Saturday night and then Sunday he became so concerned because she didn't return texts... (Inch High PI has a good point)... Why wouldn't he go to the place of employment if she was suppose to be working, instead of looking at her apartment. Why did he immediately fear the worst just because he saw her car?

Ive had my own family members not return texts for various reasons, when I did drive to their home and saw their car I immediately had a sigh of relief knowing they were not in an auto wreck! Then thought they must be sick (if missing work), sleeping, or had a dead cellphone battery, etc... Never did my heart immediately sink and fear the worst because I saw their car at home. And...the only item missing is her cellphone? The one she sent a text, including a picture of herself, to her fiance. The phone was then turned off after the text was sent. (strange).
I'm confused about why, after only one day he said "the dog had been there awhile". It would have been less than 24 hours since he was at her apartment. I must be missing something or perhaps I have the wrong timeline. Then again, maybe we don't have all the details and it just "looks" bad with the info we do have.

She was with her fiance on Saturday night and then Sunday he became so concerned because she didn't return texts... (Inch High PI has a good point)... Why wouldn't he go to the place of employment if she was suppose to be working, instead of looking at her apartment. Why did he immediately fear the worst just because he saw her car?

Ive had my own family members not return texts for various reasons, when I did drive to their home and saw their car I immediately had a sigh of relief knowing they were not in an auto wreck! Then thought they must be sick (if missing work), sleeping, or had a dead cellphone battery, etc... Never did my heart immediately sink and fear the worst because I saw their car at home. And...the only item missing is her cellphone? The one she sent a text, including a picture of herself, to her fiance. The phone was then turned off after the text was sent. (strange).
I'm confused about why, after only one day he said "the dog had been there awhile". It would have been less than 24 hours since he was at her apartment. I must be missing something or perhaps I have the wrong timeline. If I am wrong, please correct me. Thank you.

I don't really get the comment about being obvious the dog was in there for a long time because it seems like, at worst, the dog was alone for 12ish hours. Most dogs can last that long without needing to pee unless she had a VERY small dog or it is a young animal. Even then, it seems like it would only be one poop and pee and not really enough for me to see and go MY GOD THIS DOG HAS BEEN IN HERE FOREVER.

Maybe we are being picky over something that may not matter?

What kind of things are you seeing? Do you mean regarding the investigation or what?

No nothing about the investigation just some things that aren't adding up, they have now roped off her condo and are admitting they expect foul play. It is within miles of my house and I feel like the police know more then they are telling us. I also find it a little strange that complete strangers have changed their FB pic to the missing poster but folks VERY close to the missing girl have NOT....some status updates I've read on FB have me scratching my head....all TOO CLOSE to home for me.

Ok I can see through this one already. It is just like Drew Peterson - she sent a picture huh, of what exactly? Kind of like when Stacey "called" Drew while he had his friend keep an eye on his phone "just in case Stacey calls". Right. The picture is for a (not thought out) alibi.

Not so sure about this theory. Her purse and keys were found inside. No obvious signs of a struggle. Her phone is the only thing that is missing and it was turned off, as well as the GPS tracking function. Unless it was someone she knew. Hoping more media outlets pick up this story. I wonder what that last pic she sent her fiancee was?

http://www.oxfordpress.com/news/oxf...cal-woman-was-photo-sent-by-text-1231535.html

Sorry, I didn't mean "literally" followed her in the door. I should have said, she came in the door, set her things down, someone knocked on the door, she opened it and was dragged out or walked out the door. He might have said I just hit your car or something to get her out the door.

Just a thought.

The boyfriend says he received a text picture of her at 12:52 AM Sunday and her mother says her phone was turned off before that..12:45 AM, I think.
I have a hinky feeling about this one ^i^

I have received pictures from my son 45 minutes to and hour after he sent them. My sister got upset with me for sending a picture to her after 10PM. I sent it at 7:49 pm.

When she sent is is the key.

No nothing about the investigation just some things that aren't adding up, they have now roped off her condo and are admitting they expect foul play. It is within miles of my house and I feel like the police know more then they are telling us. I also find it a little strange that complete strangers have changed their FB pic to the missing poster but folks VERY close to the missing girl have NOT....some status updates I've read on FB have me scratching my head....all TOO CLOSE to home for me.

So glad you live near and can give us information. Do you know where KM worked and the location? Do you know where her BF lived?

I'm just wondering if it was closer for her BF to go straight to her house to check on her when he didn't get an answer to his text.

Does anyone know if he called to see if she was at work?

I can see him being upset if her car was home, she was gone, and the dog was shut up in the bedroom. Not to mention her purse and car keys being in the apartment.

There would be obvious signs that the dog had been shut up for a while. No food, no water, little prizes on the floor, and overly excited to see someone. jmo

So glad you live near and can give us information. Do you know where KM worked and the location? Do you know where her BF lived?

I'm just wondering if it was closer for her BF to go straight to her house to check on her when he didn't get an answer to his text.

Does anyone know if he called to see if she was at work?

I can see him being upset if her car was home, she was gone, and the dog was shut up in the bedroom. Not to mention her purse and car keys being in the apartment.

There would be obvious signs that the dog had been shut up for a while. No food, no water, little prizes on the floor, and overly excited to see someone. jmo

She worked at The Cinn. Art Institute (I think in their bookstore) and at David Bridal I am hearing it was David's Bridal that she was suppose to be at on the day she was reported missing. I believe that store is located in Tri-County and KM and her BF lived in Fairfield, Ohio (not together, I think the BF still lives at home with his parents).

She worked at The Cinn. Art Institute (I think in their bookstore) and at David Bridal I am hearing it was David's Bridal that she was suppose to be at on the day she was reported missing. I believe that store is located in Tri-County and KM and her BF lived in Fairfield, Ohio (not together, I think the BF still lives at home with his parents).

Then it was probably closer for him to go to her apartment first to check on her. Right?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back