The Responsibilities of the University and Threat Assessment

Trust me doc documented EVERY SINGLE word in quotes she said to everyone on BETA team (probably included when she sighed!!) Every syllable!!

Wondering: if it's SOP to transcribe a phone conversation as you participate in it (or type a script for yourself in advance and make additional notations during the call), would that stand up if it needed to?

Wondering: if it's SOP to transcribe a phone conversation as you participate in it (or type a script for yourself in advance and make additional notations during the call), would that stand up if it needed to?
You dealing with issues like you document document documentdocument documentdocumentdocumentdocumentdocument!

But will we ever see any of it nope!

Before making those phone calls to members of the team, she would be smart to send each an email or inner office memo in advance. CYA I still think another person or another step in their procedures might have provided more accountability. All these phone calls, but not meeting, afterall, and time was ticking.

MOO :sothere:

Re:documenting done with all subjects pertaining to the shooter..

IANAL but did stupidly marry young and quickly attempted to rectify that mistake with thinking I'd quickly get a divorce.. I could not have been more mistaken and naive at that time.. For a marriage that lasted less than year into it I filed for divorce it took me 4 excruciatingly long and miserable years combined with mountains of money to finally achieve that "quickie divorce"..:sigh:

Anyhoo my point in sharing that is that I very quickly learned what was of the utmost and greatest importance in a court(and this goes for any court, family, civil and criminal).. DOCUMENTATION!!!!...DOCUMENTATION!!!.. .DOCUMENTATION!!!..

DOCUMENTATION IS EVERYTHING IN COURT!!!DOCUMENTATION IS OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE AND IMO TO A JUDGE DOCUMENTATION IS JUST AS GOOD AS THE JUDGE BEING THERE AND HAVING WITNESSED WHATEVER EVENT(phone calls, convos, discussions and their subjects, things you personally witnessed or did, etc, etc..the list goes on&on).. I learned that your having immediately in real time as the event occurred you thoroughly documenting everything about said event with as many details as humanly possible, along with exact dates/times each said event occurred.. This meticulous and time consuming type of documentation LITERALLY MEANS EVERYTHING WHEN PRESENTED IN COURT AND IS GIVEN A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF WEIGHT AND VALIDITY..

So, with all that said I can imagine that especially in this case with these particular type issues we are presently discussing that pertain to the faculty, medical personnel, and literally the entire college as a whole, along with all issues even remotely pertaining to the shooter... I would imagine any/all documentation that exists would be extremely powerful evidence that would IMO without a doubt be entered into evidence in the shooters criminal trial possibly, and certainly would be evidence entered into any civil lawsuits stemming from the shooter..

CARIIS, why do you believe that it will never be seen by us??.. Or maybe you just mean it'll never been seen by any of us PRIOR TO IT BEING USED AS EVIDENCE IN ANY CRIMINAL OR CIVIL TRIALS??..

Just wondering what exactly you meant when saying we'd not see it??

TIA:)

we might not see it in court if it will open this Can of Worms

Attachments

• can-of-worms.jpg
    can-of-worms.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 7
:doh: talk about dumb and missing the obvious.. Disregard my above dumbass question:doh:.. CONFIDENTIALITY!!!...sometimes I wonder what my brain is doing cuz it sure isn't paying attention..lol

another problem is he is on a scholarship grant. As my understanding, those people on scholarship has to maintain a high grade and If he failed this - it is over.

In graduate school, everybody has to maintain a B average.

Yes they all dont make millions right away but this can have the potential to make millions if they discover a drug to cure cancers...

and i said they "could" make millions.... you know the word - COULD.

Bill Gates didn't have to finish college to make his millions of millions. So a college drop out COULD make millions too.

Bill Gates didn't have to finish college to make his millions of millions. So a college drop out COULD make millions too.

well i didnt say college drop outs too cant make millions..
Anybody can make millions, i can make millions just by winning the lottery

but i think you are just over-exagerrating things LOL..
Do you have other things to do? :moo::moo: Are u bored or what?...

Disclaimer: Not saying anybody did or didn't do something.

Wouldn't it be wise to be very aware of how a person is handled when their reality and future as they knew are gone. Sure, "tough" people usually adapt, but how they are helped to transition is usually of upmost importance. Human Resources departments in big lay offs often hire security guards, and offer arrangements for the people to get further transitional help of counseling and job searching.

There's also a lot of unspoken attitudes that go on sometimes. Let's face it, there's ways to get rid of people without getting sued, and still make them leave or drop out.

JH, if he thought he was failing and becoming an outcast, like that above article about the student, it absolutely requires the doctor and school to not aggravate the situation. I'm not saying they did, so please understand that's not what I'm saying. It's JMOO - Handle with kid gloves and make efforts to help them make a graceful transition, and certainly good policy and documentation is smart.

The University of Colorado has launched an internal review of how its staff handled Aurora theater shooting suspect James Holmes prior to the mass killing on July 20.
The university review is being conducted by Robert Miller, former U.S. Attorney for Colorado.
University officals said there is no timeline for the competition of the review, but it could take some time.
CALL7 Investigators found Miller has close ties to the university. He’s graduated from CU Law School in1965 and according to his website, he won a $58 million verdict for the university in 2003 in a patented lawsuit against a major pharmaceutical company.

Meanwhile, sources familiar with the criminal investigation tell CALL7 Investigator John Ferrugia that Fenton and other key witnesses at CU have not been interviewed by police. There is a question of privileged information due to Fenton's doctor-patient relationship with Holmes. Anyone involved with Holmes' care can also claim the privilege. Sources say this issue is likely to be decided by the judge in case.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31330541/detail.html

more on that link above..

:floorlaugh: This is a nice change.

In the middle of last night I could not sleep this case was really on my mind... (not a great sleeper anyway) So I sorted it out for my head....I posted if I were his mom I would sue the Therapist and the school big time....and I said why. When I woke up this morning a bunch jumped on me. And I said YES I changed my mind from We don’t know anything to what I thought and felt due to the little we did know.

I think that post was removed… but that is OK I will always speak my mind. :blushing:

Thank God I had a real busy day, but I returned to see that many here do see thing as I did last ninght. I am not alone. Thank you. :D

Carry on... I have a guest coming.....

The University of Colorado has launched an internal review of how its staff handled Aurora theater shooting suspect James Holmes prior to the mass killing on July 20.
The university review is being conducted by Robert Miller, former U.S. Attorney for Colorado.
University officals said there is no timeline for the competition of the review, but it could take some time.
CALL7 Investigators found Miller has close ties to the university. He’s graduated from CU Law School in1965 and according to his website, he won a $58 million verdict for the university in 2003 in a patented lawsuit against a major pharmaceutical company.

Meanwhile, sources familiar with the criminal investigation tell CALL7 Investigator John Ferrugia that Fenton and other key witnesses at CU have not been interviewed by police. There is a question of privileged information due to Fenton's doctor-patient relationship with Holmes. Anyone involved with Holmes' care can also claim the privilege. Sources say this issue is likely to be decided by the judge in case.

Miller has to be disqualified. NOW! :maddening::maddening::maddening:

BBM
It also says -

"But sources familiar with the investigation told CALL7 Investigator John Ferrugia that officials at the University of Colorado never contacted Aurora police with Fenton’s concerns before the July 20 killings."

"Sources said when Holmes withdrew, the BETA team “had no control over him" and ended its review, when Holmes dropped out of school on July 10."

"Chancellor Donald Elliman said the school is committed to evaluating every step in the process to ensure it worked."

"If the argument is because he was no longer a student, he was no longer their problem, they are absolutely incorrect," said Larry Barton, a threat consultant and professor at American College in Bryn Mawr, Pa. "Any court and any victim's family would have an argument that the school acted with indifference. I hope they have a very compelling answer to why they did what they did."

http://www.twincities.com/ci_21232290/did-university-drop-ball-movie-theater-attack

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back