TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this gives us a better idea of what happened. There is no way he allowed her to have the cell phone for any period of time. There is no doubt in my mind they traveled from Holly's house to 100 Eaton St. only minutes after the crime happened. The next dot on the map we have is a lunch box north-west of Eaton St.

What took place at Eaton St. is anybody's guess at this point. Did they switch vehicles? Did the enter the woods? Did he dispose of more evidence around there and continue driving? Etc.

I think he knew a cell phone would be traceable but didn't know to what extent. He either had the location picked out as a good place or he intentionally threw the cell phone there before heading north-west in order to have them trace it there. I was a doubter about all of the "staged evidence" talk but something is odd here. I find is suspicious that we now have two pieces of evidence found in open areas. Not a trash dumpster, not water, not buried, not in the woods, not at the scene of the crime but along two roads.

He is either more careless than we thought or things are being placed in certain areas for a specific reason. I think the cell phone is the very first thing he gets rid of and 5 miles away from her home makes sense for traceability reasons. The last thing he probably gets rid of is her lunch box. It serves no purpose to him nor is it a harm. If he has any plans of keeping her alive she can still eat the food. A purse or back pack on the other hand contains identity and tools that could be used as weapons to fight back. I'd be willing to bet a dumpster somewhere between Eaton and the lunch box contains her backpack and purse.

It is frustrating for us behind a keyboard but the TBI knows more about the case than we do.

What is the upside with making details public?

What is the downside?

Remember, the prosecution of the case is yet to come.

well said Dad! And I totally agree...

I think we have to remember the duress this poor mother is under and not take her words so literally.

That said, as a parent there's really nothing that would bring me relief other than finding my child one way or the other or some very strong indication that she was alive somewhere.

An article of her belongings from maybe 10+ days ago wouldn't do it for me, but who knows.

LOL. I don't take anyone's words literally. I'm just fitting together puzzle pieces. I think at this point anything that would generate news might be considered a relief. We all saw the writing on the wall that the media and the public were getting bored, so that might be what her mother was referring to. Not the item itself, but the fact that it would get the media fired up.

I would think there has to be something that ties the "find" to this case.

Was the tip about a piece of something or suspicious behavior?

If it was about a piece of something, what is know publically that would result in a phone tip? A cell phone? College books? Piece of clothing that Holly was wearing? Human remains?

I think a tip on suspicious behavior would need to be specific to warrant a search in the area.

Maybe there are security cameras in the area.

I have no idea.... i think if it was suspicious behavior they would not call out the searchers and that goes for the human remains..

Her wallet maybe if she was driving she would need a wallet with her license did she carry a purse? maybe all that stuff was in the lunch tote she had...

I cant imagine the perp tossing the cell on the side of the road i would think he would bury it or toss it into the woods... I cant understand anyone abducting someone and tossing her belongings on the side of the road....like come and get me!
this is why i think the only thing thats Hollys is the lunch tote and that was probably left there by accident JMO OR ON PURPOSE!

Why? What is the main reason this place seems different then the rest of the country?

Their stong sense of faith, community, family. That does not make this place exclusively unique. This community has it's peers but also it's contrast.

I think the culture of the community is distinguishable if you take a little time to look for it.

Why? What is the main reason this place seems different then the rest of the country?

I don't know I don't live there... But I have seen some cool stuff in my area. We got hit by a string of Hurricanes a few years back and the whole community for miles and miles came together. Even during the storms, when we were in the eye, you could hear neighbors out in other neighbors yards with chain saws taking limbs off rooves etc before the other side of the storm hit. People shared power, water, etc. for weeks afterwards since everything was a mess. It surprised me really. I would not have thought so many whites, blacks, mexicans, cubans, vietnamese, puerto ricans, etc. would have come together like that. But they were all Americans and all pitched in. And a lot here made up boxed lunches and packed trucks with water and food to go farther down in Florida where it was WORSE.

I see Holly's area as being pretty cohesive. Most people probably have the same work ethic. I would guess families have roots there. They all go to the same couple of churches, shop at the same local shops, etc. They watch out for each other. The nature of this crime and the need for help brought them out in numbers. If they are different we should look at why and what made them turn out like this with their amazing show of support. If they are really just like us everywhere else, then we should see what we ned to do to help out more in our own communities.

Remember we don't know that it was the item being reported but I REALLY hope it is.
I think this is one of those deals where they need to be silent about it.

Looking at the satellite maps it's almost a totally private trip from where she was taken to the reported location. Someone that knows the area could easily have stayed away from anyone/everyone while traveling through the woods.

On a more optimistic side, maybe the battery went dead and Holly discarded it there herself to leave a clue.

I think this gives us a better idea of what happened. There is no way he allowed her to have the cell phone for any period of time. There is no doubt in my mind they traveled from Holly's house to 100 Eaton St. only minutes after the crime happened. The next dot on the map we have is a lunch box north-west of Eaton St.

What took place at Eaton St. is anybody's guess at this point. Did they switch vehicles? Did the enter the woods? Did he dispose of more evidence around there and continue driving? Etc.

I think he knew a cell phone would be traceable but didn't know to what extent. He either had the location picked out as a good place or he intentionally threw the cell phone there before heading north-west in order to have them trace it there. I was a doubter about all of the "staged evidence" talk but something is odd here. I find is suspicious that we now have two pieces of evidence found in open areas. Not a trash dumpster, not water, not buried, not in the woods, not at the scene of the crime but along two roads.

He is either more careless than we thought or things are being placed in certain areas for a specific reason. I think the cell phone is the very first thing he gets rid of and 5 miles away from her home makes sense for traceability reasons. The last thing he probably gets rid of is her lunch box. It serves no purpose to him nor is it a harm. If he has any plans of keeping her alive she can still eat the food. A purse or back pack on the other hand contains identity and tools that could be used as weapons to fight back. I'd be willing to bet a dumpster somewhere between Eaton and the lunch box contains her backpack and purse.

ita... bbm... I am starting to wonder if the fox reporter got the phone tip that started the search of that area
confused with the item found...

IF it is the cell phone what if the tip was called in on that very phone!!!!
they couldnt trace it back to anyone but holly!

Are we no longer able to link to the Bring Holly Home FB page? I was under the impression we could since it was a public page? Seems my post was deleted.

It's 'country' there...sorta kinda, it seems to me, living in the 'country' myself.

'Country IS the majority of America, or a high percentage of it. Things are different in the 'country'. Different attitudes and group cohesion patterns.

The closest 'new thing' I can compare 'country living' to are 'intentional communities'. We all pretty much stick together out here.

Hope that helps ya, Doc Fessel. :)

All I ever read. was "something significant." Now the TBI spokeswoman in the above article is saying they are "pretty sure" it belongs to HB, but not sure it will help out. Sounds like some serious backtracking to me. Certainly TBI knows how quick a case can go cold, don't they?

I'm certain the TBI is very aware of how loudly the clock is ticking.

And not to pick on you at all, but now that I'm typing, I may as well keep going, lol. I have to shake my head when I read posts indignantly asking why LE haven't done this or that, when we really have no idea whether they have or haven't done a certain thing.

I haven't really ever considered myself to be too trusting, but I must be, because I just assumed all those well-trained, experienced LE know what they are doing. :twocents:

It just bothers me when I see people assuming that LE is not smart enough to do the obvious. Like search the pool, or use dogs, or try a metal detector, etc.

Thanks for your patience with me letting this all out in a reply to you. :)

Are we no longer able to link to the Bring Holly Home FB page? I was under the impression we could since it was a public page? Seems my post was deleted.

mrsu,

It is ok to link to FB but rumors can not be brought over here to discuss. We are trying real hard to keep as much rumor out as possible.

We are checking to see if we can start a FB thread in the parking lot, discussing and will let you all know.

I think we have to remember the duress this poor mother is under and not take her words so literally.

That said, as a parent there's really nothing that would bring me relief other than finding my child one way or the other or some very strong indication that she was alive somewhere.

An article of her belongings from maybe 10+ days ago wouldn't do it for me, but who knows.

She may just be relieved that anything is being found...instead of people searching and finding nothing. Maybe it gives her a little hope that they have Anything to follow up on?...

IF it is the cell phone what if the tip was called in on that very phone!!!!
they couldnt trace it back to anyone but holly!

Are you suggesting the possibility that Holly made the phone call on her phone?

My gut feeling is that Holly knows this man (either from school, or church, or somewhere else). I think she's somehow found a way to gain his trust, so that he doesn't have her bound and tied in the vehicle. I can't see any reason for her abductor to toss items belonging to her out in the open for searchers to find. I believe Holly is the one discarding these items.

Of course, I'm having a very difficult time following this case, so maybe I'm way off base in my gut feelings. Who knows?

I pray this girl is found soon!

Something "significant" could be a piece of jewelry she was wearing and easily recognized by her mother.

My gut feeling is that Holly knows this man (either from school, or church, or somewhere else). I think she's somehow found a way to gain his trust, so that he doesn't have her bound and tied in the vehicle. I can't see any reason for her abductor to toss items belonging to her out in the open for searchers to find. I believe Holly is the one discarding these items.

Of course, I'm having a very difficult time following this case, so maybe I'm way off base in my gut feelings. Who knows?

I pray this girl is found soon!

I hope you are correct, but, why would the perp be driving her around in an area where she is known and being searched?

We know of one "item" found that relates to Holly and I understand it could have been thrown from a car.

If this turns out to be her phone, wow, that is otherwise so easily discardable. I would have to assume it would be a "plant". That scenario has many implications.

Are you suggesting the possibility that Holly made the phone call on her phone?

NOOOOO that the guy that took her made the call from her phone!
He would have taken the phone away im sure thats the first thing on the list.

Was just a thought that came ot my mind lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member