Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think the a guy with blonde hair, fair complexion, with a tattoo, wearing jeans and gardening gloves stole a chain to wear around his waist to keep his pants up lolol.

haha yes quite possibly

Hi,

I've been struggling to keep up with all of the posts so I hope I make sense on my first post! I've been following these threads for weeks and finally had to join so I could throw my own thoughts out there.

IMO the most simple explanation is probably the most likely, not to mention that most murders are committed by someone known to the victim. As others have stated,financial problems and infidelity/relationship breakdowns are also the most common motives for murder. I tend to think it was a not a crime of passion, rather a much more sinister crime, committed in order to gain money and dispose of a wife. If it was a case of DV then the autopsy would have indicated this (eg. significant head injury), broken bones.

I do wish that it wasn't GBC, especially after seeing pictures of him hugging his daughters but I can't believe that it was a random attack, not with the information regarding huge financial issues and a long term affair. As for TM, I sincerely hope that she is helping the police with their investigations and that she didn't play a part in the murder. Having an affair with a colleague's husband doesn't indicate good judgement but she may be able to redeem herself by helping to catch a murderer... This is all just my opinion. I hope the reason there hasn't been an arrest is just because the police are being thorough enough to ensure that no one gets away with murder.

I respectfully request that any member of the QPS reading this please consider releasing one more snippet of information regarding the case.

It doesn't have to be a big one. It doesn't have to make or break the case. It just has to give us enough fodder to last another 5 or so pages of conversation.

Sincerely,
A member of the public :)

OMG Acer- I think you were answered!??!!

It is sometimes possible to search for litigation which has involved particular people. Some court sites have archived judgments to facilitate this. The Qld Courts homepage, for example, has a link for lawyers. Within that menu is a 'Judgments' section. You can search with names, addresses etc. Some other courts and tribunals have similar services.

I will believe that the Police are sitting on this mountain of eviedence when I read that he has been charged, remember information and evidence are not the same thing.My gut feeling is actually other than a few possible sightings of one of the family vehicles after 10pm on the night in question the police actually have very little.

With respect, how would you know what they have ? They aren't about to blurt out what they have to satisfy the public. With at least 20 detectives working around the clock for over one month and a body that has been recovered and forensically examined, I wouldnt say they have nothing. However you can be sure of one thing they do not have evidence to charge someone right now, but hey the clock is surely ticking.

The frustration that rises on this forum sometimes is because of lack of factual information. The only sources we have are media and some local hearsay. The police, however, have hundreds of witness statements, hundreds of records of interview, forensics on cars and houses, perhaps even forensics on creekside bushes, a body, phone records, financial records, computers, shredded paper, probably the victims mobile phone, CCTV, fingerprints, photographs, records of surveillance. 20 detectives have worked for four weeks.

I reread Thread #1 and saw GBC was a person of interest and then wasn't and saw other changes in the stance of publicly available information.

I read http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/journals/AltLJ/2000/1.html and I'm not a lawyer but I understand that there will be another attempt at THE QUEEN v. GLENNON [1992] HCA 16; (1992) 173 CLR 592 where lawyers might try to argue that a fair trial is not possible if inadmissable evidence is published in the media prior to trial portraying someone as guilty.

With the weight of lawyers already involved in this case the police will be ultra-cautious about trial by media before an arrest and so the release of 'facts' implicating someone is almost non-existent.

But if you want to get justice for Allison then you probably have to go with the flow and let the police and the prosecutors put a watertight admissable case together. If we can't make up our mind about who is guilty and who is not then the police are doing their job well and ensuring a trial will be succesful.

In the meantime we can pass the time speculating that the Triad moneylending gay-lover bikie did it.

Fantastic post Zorro...fantastic!!!!

"the weight of lawyers"...especially "that" barrister

In regard to the alleged sleepover, I've just spoken to Alison Sandy, the journalist who interviewed the Dickies and also Alison's friend. Alison Sandy told me that they've invariably been told both nights and the only people who know for sure i.e. Gerard will not clarify. Alison also said that they're hoping that things will become clearer soon.

So that's it! If anyone really wants to clear this up once and for all, I guess you will have to ask Gerard. Good luck with that!

And I am pretty sure that is what we have been saying all day, we don't know for sure if it was Thursday or Friday. It was going to happen one of the nights but it's obviously irrelevant if it was on the Friday.

Hi first time poster here, thought I would put my 2 cents worth in for what it is worth. I live along Rafting Ground road and the day before Alison was found,the Rafting Ground road creek was nearly up to the road and at the time I mentioned to my daughter that if Allison is in a creek she could be washed down stream. Water does amazing thing we and most of Brookfield in fact Brisbane can pay testament to that. RIP Allison and god bless you and your lovely little angels.

Thanks for posting, as it is this local knowledge of the Brookfield area that helps to explain that Allison's body might have been placed further up the Kholo Creek and brought down as a consequence of the heavy rainfall.

I'm looking everywhere....still searching for her middle name. I remember seeing it in a tribute story...somewhere

A Courier Mail article documented that Allison was an exchange student in Denmark after leaving high school:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226337500309

There is an Allison June Dickie (Australian) listed as an exchange student in a Danish Rotary club in 1983/84:

http://translate.google.com.au/tran...ison+june+dickie%22&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d

Well I think the a guy with blonde hair, fair complexion, with a tattoo, wearing jeans and gardening gloves stole a chain to wear around his waist to keep his pants up lolol.

Well, there is no comeback for that!

Actually, I drove home to Mt Crosby tonight, and it was dark. It was very difficult to make out the colour of vehicles driving in the other direction (unless white) It would have been nigh on impossible to make out what a person was wearing etc etc etc

Sometimes after all the heavy tone of the threads you just need to have a laugh now and then (or maybe im just sleep deprived)
Ixnaye: Another humorous wrap up was done by COOLCAT earlier in the last thread. It was hilarious. They lighten the speculation up a little. No harm done.

I think only one person alive knows what really happened that night......and I think they must have a heart of pure stone because there are 3 beautiful little girls who must be asking......

Daddy why did mummy die?

Daddy who killed mummy?

Those poor girls will be asking those questions for the rest of life lives and wondering how and why she ended up dead in a bloody creek.

I realise that many are sick to death of the confusion about what night the sleep over was. I think its pointing towards Thursday night being the sleep over night, and I think it's important because earlier on in this discussion it seemed, at one point, that the polices reaction on Friday morning was put down to comment that one of the children were supposed to have made when they arrived. At the time, in this forum, it appeared to have been accepted that one of ABC's children had made a comment to to the police on Friday morning that alerted them to the fact that GBC's story wasn't accurate.

one of the main reasons I have been whinging ALL DAY LONG about the sleepover , is precisely this. The ONLY reason anyone here on this thread has ever had reason to be concerned with where the girls were is because at some point early on SOME POSTER (RANDOM OR LOCAL - I DONT HAVE A CLUE) POSTED UP A COMMENT SAYING THAT THE POLICE STARTED THIS HUGE SEARCH WITHIN MINUTES OF A MISSING PERSONS REPORT BASED ON THE FACT THAT A CHILD DISAGREED WITH SOMETHING THERE PARENT TOLD POLICE THAT MORNING. IMO THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE WORDLY THING THAT MAKES THIS SO. WHO SAID THE CHILDREN TOLD THE POLICE GBC WAS LYING ABOUT SOMETHING? WHO SAID THEY WERE EVEN THERE? IT IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE BIGGEST LOAD OF CRAP I THINK I HAVE HEARD SO FAR. IT IS DOING MY HEAD IN!!!!

anyway, this is just my opinion, if anyone has evidence that can tell us if the girls EVER SPOKE TO THE POLICE THAT MORNING, or even better what they said to the police, then I AM ALL EARS...seriously, Id like to hear what went down

don't you have letters to write??

I do....thanks for reminding me! but I couldn't leave without finding out about the chains.. and didn't have time to read back!

A Courier Mail article documented that Allison was an exchange student in Denmark after leaving high school:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226337500309

There is an Allison June Dickie (Australian) listed as an exchange student in a Danish Rotary club in 1983/84:

http://translate.google.com.au/tran...ison+june+dickie%22&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d

Thanks heaps for chasing that down, good to know I did have the right property records

Great sleuthing, can we put you in charge of finding what GBC's court case with Flight Centre was about?
We kind of fogot all about that.

I don't claim to know just an educated guess really, based on the whole roundabout fiasco.

I dont have a link as it was from the "grapevine" No time was mentioned.
I wasnt going to post it due to hearsay, but when the chain was
mentioned it made me think....

ASSUMING this were true and his card declined for groceries MAYBE he then returned home, saw Allison's perfectly coiffed hair and then went ballistic...:jail:

BBM.

This is the first time I've heard about GBC being at a checkout on the Thursday night. :what: Do you have a link for this Amee? It would be interesting to know what time he was there.
How is it that we are hearing snippets of information for the first time at thread number 11?
I had not heard this one either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members