The Theater and the Shooting

If you listen to the video, the gentlemen says the shooter came around the corner...he held the door to the other theatre (theatre 8??) shut for about 5 seconds...then police can in....

So now what the heck???? Gonna have to go find a layout of the theatre...:banghead:

If you listen to the video, the gentlemen says the shooter came around the corner...he held the door to the other theatre (theatre 8??) shut for about 5 seconds...then police can in....

So now what the heck???? Gonna have to go find a layout of the theatre...:banghead:

the huge diagram above in this thread shows 8 & 9,
you can see how someone outside 8's exit could be surprised
by someone coming around the corner.
this Eric Hunter guy saved many lives by shutting that door.

the huge diagram above in this thread shows 8 & 9,
you can see how someone outside 8's exit could be surprised
by someone coming around the corner.
this Eric Hunter guy saved many lives by shutting that door.

BBM

Yes, he did! God love him!

One guy might have saved a lot of people by closing the door, while one gal (downstairs neighbor) might have saved a lot of people by not opening the door!

Sorry if this has been said, but at my movie theater, you can bypass the first area where they sell tickets to go into the lobby, and on each side, is a list of what theaters are playing what showing. So unless the Aurora theater was set up where you couldn't do that, it would definitely be possible for him to choose exactly what theater he wanted to commit the massacre in.

The ticket area was roped off, and you had to give your ticket to the ticket taker to get into the lobby. That was the case with the few movies I saw there.

One guy might have saved a lot of people by closing the door, while one gal (downstairs neighbor) might have saved a lot of people by not opening the door!

:goodpost:

God love her too!!

there was a young male survivor who reported using a rear exit
while he was helping an injured girl, they were outside
when JH came toward them from outside, the young man
managed to get back in & lock JH outside.
i'll try to find the interview.

EDIT: the reason i guess he left the second time
was to get another weapon? maybe he didn't realize
how difficult it would be to reload in the dark in a gas-mask
while wearing gloves.

This is just strange to me... I wonder what exactly happened. I would think he would want to stay inside-and shoot more people. Did he shoot anyone outside?

This is just strange to me... I wonder what exactly happened. I would think he would want to stay inside-and shoot more people. Did he shoot anyone outside?

2 possibilities are that he ran out of ammo/gun jammed and
he had to return to his car for another gun
or that he was ready to leave & heard sirens or saw a police
car & decided it would be better to be back inside,
hide somewhere & strip his gear & escape as a victim.

theater 9 exit: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gTTVFmuT4...o/lkljktzwa2o/s1600/colorado-shooting-042.jpg

Strange indeed... i still dont know why the gas mask with some blood somewhere nearby was actually found on the other back side of the theater away from theater 9

Hello

I am still trying to understand how the bullets also reached Theater 8 .
I understand that it penetrated the wall per the news but still i am having some doubts...

Some shots fired in theater 9 penetrated the walls of adjacent auditoriums, hitting at least one person in theater 8 next door.

Read more: Family identifies 27-year-old victim of Aurora theater shooting - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...le-shot-at-aurora-movie-theater#ixzz21l6WhRFk
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

I think he started shooting with the AR15 high capacity drum (100 rounds??) and then.... it jammed! I have not seen it mentioned in the media, but he was probably shooting .223 ammo in the AR15, and that would be capable of going through a wall into the next room. (One of the reasons I do not trust "assault rifles" - unless they are Russian made, they are crap). When the weapon jammed, he resorted to the shotgun, but he ran out of ammo with that fairly quick, then he went to the Glock handgun, and he also emptied that really quick. He exited the theatre and expected to.... ______???? I think we could have an entire thread on what he expected to go "do" after the shooting.

I think he started shooting with the AR15 high capacity drum (100 rounds??) and then.... it jammed! I have not seen it mentioned in the media, but he was probably shooting .223 ammo in the AR15, and that would be capable of going through a wall into the next room. (One of the reasons I do not trust "assault rifles" - unless they are Russian made, they are crap). When the weapon jammed, he resorted to the shotgun, but he ran out of ammo with that fairly quick, then he went to the Glock handgun, and he also emptied that really quick. He exited the theatre and expected to.... ______???? I think we could have an entire thread on what he expected to go "do" after the shooting.

from what i've read the order is shotgun,
then AR-15 that jammed, after that he used the handgun.
sure what he was doing outside is totally speculative.

No, I meant the second time... why did he leave? Why didnt the police find him shooting people in the theater? what prompted him to leave?

They say his gun jammed but I am skeptical. He could have carried 2-3 semi-autos easily.

I think it was because the boy ain't right in the head and after 2 minutes or so he thought he had to stop and leave?

Fact is if someone enjoys the idea of shooting folks in a movie theater, tight cramped space where they have no where to flee, screaming, chaos, mayhem, and he keeps shooting....then why stop?

I don't think it was a survival strategy, sheesh you shoot 70 people in a movie theater and then trust the authorities won't gun you down when you surrender in the parking lot behind the theater? Who would bet on that? The guy isn't playing crazy, he IS crazy.

So, basically you are arguing if he were sane he would try to kill as many people as he possibly could? And since he didn't quite succeed at that (could have killed more) he is insane?

So, I posted this in "contradictions" but I'm not allowed to discuss there. I just realized that there is a road called "Sable" behind the theater. I think the transcript could be wrong--Should it read, "I need a marked car....SABLE side"?

Then both comments could be referring to JH at his car.
Previously posted:
"In the transcript of 911 tapes:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...Cj9Co1B2E9dYLN

01:06:14 16 I need a marked car behind the theater stable side,suspect in a gas mask. 01:06:22

01:06:50 Everyone hold the air one second, cars where that white car in the rear of the lot, is that a suspect? YES! we've got rifles, gas masks, you can see him I've got a open door going into the theater, OK hold that position, hold that suspect! 01:07:05

Are there 2 gas masks? Was suspect in mask on stable side or in car with gas mask?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ater-shooting/"

So, I posted this in "contradictions" but I'm not allowed to discuss there. I just realized that there is a road called "Sable" behind the theater. I think the transcript could be wrong--Should it read, "I need a marked car....SABLE side"?

Then both comments could be referring to JH at his car.
Previously posted:
"In the transcript of 911 tapes:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...Cj9Co1B2E9dYLN

01:06:14 16 I need a marked car behind the theater stable side,suspect in a gas mask. 01:06:22

01:06:50 Everyone hold the air one second, cars where that white car in the rear of the lot, is that a suspect? YES! we've got rifles, gas masks, you can see him I've got a open door going into the theater, OK hold that position, hold that suspect! 01:07:05

Are there 2 gas masks? Was suspect in mask on stable side or in car with gas mask?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ater-shooting/"

Yes, probably Sable, and the other was a typo or a misunderstanding in transcription.

So, basically you are arguing if he were sane he would try to kill as many people as he possibly could? And since he didn't quite succeed at that (could have killed more) he is insane?

Sane is a fuzzy concept, rational or logical seems like a better word. If he were rational why would he just stop and walk out back? He gave up his entire life when he walked into that theater and started shooting, if he were rational he would have realized his life was over and that is a high price to pay.

Why stop at 70? Plenty of amo, plenty of people, very well planned, presumably something he has wanted to do for months and he won't ever get the chance to do it again, so why just stop? Did his arm get tired?

And another thing that may have been discussed...but I don't recall. Did the police surround that building before he walked out the back door? Did he plan to get in his car and drive away and they happened to catch him as he was walking to his car? I get the feeling he stopped shooting before all the cops showed up and I would think since his car was close by he had a chance of driving away.

Yes, that makes a lot more sense.

Good catch.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member