GUILTY CA - Garrison Burchett, 17 mos, brutally murdered, Riverside, 23 Feb 2009

Is this a question that could ever really be answered?

FYI This is my actual family that is having to endure, nobody more than us wants the "why" answered, unfortunately I dont think anyone will ever truly know but her.

:confused:

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Hoppy

My deepest sympathies to you and your family, and Gregory and Nick and their father Greg.

Prayers for Garrison too.

I didn't mean to offend you...I was wondering aloud whether she had given a reason...even if it isn't logical to us.

Yes, but due to the ongoing case, it will come out in court and the family isn't going to speak out about it. Obviously there is much speculation as well as gossip circulation even within the family. Everyone is looking for someone to blame - I am putting blame where it is due - Lori!

Nobody offended me-- I recall hearing stories like this in the news and always charging someone guilty because of the crime, not knowing the reason.
No reason will ever be a good enough answer, or excuse, obviously.

The family is hurting - for the loss of Garrison, and the loss of Lori as we knew her.

Her arraignment will be today, but It has been mentioned that it will again be put off for a few weeks. This is something that will go on for years.

Yes, but due to the ongoing case, it will come out in court and the family isn't going to speak out about it. Obviously there is much speculation as well as gossip circulation even within the family. Everyone is looking for someone to blame - I am putting blame where it is due - Lori!

Nobody offended me-- I recall hearing stories like this in the news and always charging someone guilty because of the crime, not knowing the reason.

The family is hurting - for the loss of Garrison, and the loss of Lori as we knew her.

Her arraignment will be today, but It has been mentioned that it will again be put off for a few weeks. This is something that will go on for years.

I'm sorry for your loss and pain, but I only asked why - in the very beginning of when this was posted....and not to you...I had no idea a family member was on the board...it was a question for fellow sleuthers (as in, if they had read anything about it)....I will cease posting on this board.

I'm sorry for your loss and pain, but I only asked why - in the very beginning of when this was posted....and not to you...I had no idea a family member was on the board...it was a question for fellow sleuthers (as in, if they had read anything about it)....I will cease posting on this board.

Honestly I don't mind... it' my way to vent. Everyone that has posted has been very tactful please feel free to post what you want and don't avoid due to me.

bumping, I don't want this sad case to get lost in the threads.

In my mind, I can still see that poor father on the news.

I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through! This case just broke my heart when I read it.

Please let the father and other children know there are people praying for them! :grouphug: to all who loved Garrison.

Have any court dates been set yet? Thank you in advance for answering.

Bumping.

I am searching everywhere and I can't find any info on this case.

This case haunted me when it happened. I finally found an update.

http://www.myvalleynews.com/story/49964/

RIVERSIDE - Jury selection is expected to get under way this week for the trial of a Riverside woman accused of beating and disemboweling her 2- year-old son.

Lori Ann Burchett, 40, is charged with first-degree murder and assault on a child resulting in great bodily injury or death for allegedly killing her son, Garrison, on Feb. 23, 2009.

One of Burchett's four other children was home at the time of the fatal attack, but it was the defendant's husband, Greg Burchett, who discovered Garrison's lifeless body after returning home from work and walking into the master bedroom of the family's Via Terreno residence.

He told reporters at the time that he could not "understand the rationale" of his wife's alleged actions and is expected to testify for the prosecution

Picture of momster

Attachments

• loriburchett.jpg
    loriburchett.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 17
Woman gets 25 to life for killing young son
(SNIPPED)

Lori Burchett, 41, was convicted in February of first-degree murder and assault on a child resulting in injury or death following the Feb. 23, 2009 stabbing of her son, 17-month-old Garrison Burchett.

Judge Jean Pfeiffer Leonard sentenced Burchett on Friday to 25 years to life for each count. Burchett can appeal, and will receive credit for more than two years she has spent in jail prior to her trial and sentencing.

In her rulings, Leonard noted that the killing was not a random, uncontrolled outburst of rage.

She pointed out that Burchett removed the arrow from the wall hanging, which she had to take apart.

"It wasn't just something sitting there she grabbed and killed him with," the judge said.

Burchett was highly intelligent, and often tried to bend people to her will, Robinson said. She was a military veteran, had advanced degrees and was a community college administrator.

But she was conniving, Leonard said.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/webmom.2d1493837.html

LCoast, thanks so much for posting this update. I still wonder what her "reason" was, though. I wish they'd said. =( Thank you so much. RIP Baby Garrison.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/webmom.2d1493837.html

Burchett used a brass urn to beat Garrison and then dismantled a wall hanging that included an arrow to stab Garrison up to seven times in the abdomen. When he was still breathing, court records said, she smothered him.

This chills me to the bones :sad:

Lots of prayers for her other children and their healing. It sounds like they have a great dad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back