TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searchers have found a lunch box belonging to a Tennessee nursing student abducted from her home by a man wearing hunting camouflage.

Holly Bobo's white lunch box was recovered from a creek about eight miles from the 20-year-old's home in rural Decatur County.

Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky, a professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York, said the discovery of the lunchbox has at least given the search a direction.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssing-Holly-Bobos-lunchbox.html#ixzz1GosL0rKg

Beautiful picture of Holly with her sister with their dog.

She has a sister?????????????////// Wow.

Searchers have found a lunch box belonging to a Tennessee nursing student abducted from her home by a man wearing hunting camouflage.

Holly Bobo's white lunch box was recovered from a creek about eight miles from the 20-year-old's home in rural Decatur County.

Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky, a professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York, said the discovery of the lunchbox has at least given the search a direction.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssing-Holly-Bobos-lunchbox.html#ixzz1GosL0rKg

Beautiful picture of Holly with her sister with their dog.

I think that is an older article just picked up by UK papers...

This has been a very eye-opening discussion. I'm glad I stopped by. Maybe there will be some new news, tomorrow. :seeya:

hmmmm... I think your right belimom, I removed it. Thanks!

Ima

I think the Mother was on meds. She seemed devastated to me.

She has a sister?????????????////// Wow.

I'm cross-eyed from scanning pages and pages of the other person's FB... and they do refer to each other as cousins... "cuz".

HI everyone - I have a quick question that I haven't seen answered yet. I have read that the dogs couldn't pick up a scent of Holly into the woods, however, has anyone answered if the dogs were able to pick up a scent of her by her car? Seems strange to me that no one has mentioned this. My theory is, and please don't jump down my throat, that maybe she never went to her car at all. Also, while I'm at it, the lunchbox thing really bothers me too. For some reason I am thinking it was planted.

I think the problem with the dogs (if there was one at all) would be that there would be dozens of scents of her in that area. They had lived there for years. She had come and gone from the yard many times, and probably entered the woods to walk or hunt many times. If she had done chores such as mowing the lawn, the trails would criss cross and double back and make identifying a specific one quite difficult. I believe that those familiar with tracking dogs have posted here before that recent vs NEW trails would be very similar for the dogs and hard to differentiate.

jmo

I hate to drone on and on about errors but good grief....Channel 5 out of Memphis cannot even get the lead investigator's name correct in their broadcast. I know it is a small thing but gee...they are better than this. The lead guy also said they would be searching the same areas next week....I wondered then if he did not expect a resolve to this thing before then.

I hate that they are talking about what they will be doing "next week."
This is so depressing and scary. I can't stand to think of her poor mother.

As to the dogs, we have no info as to what type of dogs, or what they found; the only report was on Fox and Mark F. said there was no scent.

The lunchbox seems weird to me too...I just don't see how it ends up 6-8 miles away, who was carrying it all that time? I am sure Holly was restrained in some way. And where are her books, etc? I wish they would say if they found her other things.

Seems to me if there was blood in a situation like this, the LE would put a rush on who's it is.

Also, depending on the amount of blood found in the carport (the infamous is there or isn't there blood lol), wouldn't there be more blood leading to the woods from the house? People just don't stop bleeding, especially if they are walking a distance like that.

What is the success rate of LE recovering abducted persons alive?

I think they must have results on the blood by now...and they have not said it isn't hers, which is not sounding good...

I am listening to Levi's show...will report if anything of note. So far, a rather dramatic intro to the case and he still says brother saw Holly being "led" into the woods...

He states that brother has been ruled out, as well as boyfriend.
Says he did not call 911 because he thought it was her boyfriend.
Saw the blood in garage (he says) and he also says TBI confirmed this tonight (?)

He has Pat Brown and Stacy Dietrich (sp): Stacy says LE would never say someone is not a suspect if they might be one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb