MS MS - Hattiesburg, WhtMale 22-28, UP4746, hit by car, 'Steve Hex (Hicks)', red hair/freckles, Dec'98

that dennis mann looks like a strong possibility

This might be a silly question, but he lived for 4 years in a hospital? and for 4 years no one stepped forward to say they knew him?

Was the UID definitely confirmed to be Curry? Because he's still in the unidentified section on the Doe Network, and other sites too.
Does anyone know anything about it? Or have I missed something?

I am the one who called the police agency in MS. and the person I spoke to said that this man was id'd as Michael Curry. Another member was not satisfied with the finding and she put it back up on unidentifieds. Doe and others have never found that he has been id'd.

I searched websites for the connection of what the police told me but to no avail, there was nothing.

Someone may want to call and see what they get on this. The more inquiries and maybe we may come up with an answer.

I am the one who called the police agency in MS. and the person I spoke to said that this man was id'd as Michael Curry. Another member was not satisfied with the finding and she put it back up on unidentifieds. Doe and others have never found that he has been id'd.

I searched websites for the connection of what the police told me but to no avail, there was nothing.

Someone may want to call and see what they get on this. The more inquiries and maybe we may come up with an answer.

They weren't satisfied? Was there no DNA/fingerprints to compare? I did a google search to see if it had been written about in any newspapers, but there was nothing.

Being that we could not find anything on the net especially the AMW site in reference to his identity, it was felt better to leave him as unidentified until we can possibly come up with a positive answer.

Being that we could not find anything on the net especially the AMW site in reference to his identity, it was felt better to leave him as unidentified until we can possibly come up with a positive answer.

Good idea. I don't think it's a match. I can't begin to get the two faces to line up right by changing the sizes of the photos, and Curry's ears are very flat against his head, brow line is not the same, forehead's not the same, hard to say about the nose since the UID has some facial damage, and the angle is a bit different.

couldn't find anything either....Steve Hicks (Hixs) is still listed on the Natl cTR for missing.....would be nice to know

Hello, Yeah, I think it is weird, if he was ID'd, why is he still up on all the websites. I think Steven Gonzales looks like a good match, the nose in particular catches my eye. The delay in ID'ing him might be because the UID is listed as white and Steven is Hispanic, there are not a lot of Hispanics with red hair and people wouldn't guess that the UID was hispanic. I'm gonna try to get more info on Gonzales...Maureen

When I spoke to the police officer, he was real vague with no explanation as to how the identity was made. I do remember him saying he could not remember the details. So it does leave this questionable.

Unfortunately, there are some police that just do this as a job and have no passion for the field.

Just a thought - seems there may be some doubt as to the ID - if it's not Michael Curry, then perhaps ..Robert Kovack ?http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3412dmva.html

Dearmont,

There is a resemblance! Also, the unidentified man said that he was from West Virginia, while Robert Kovack went missing on his way to West Virginia to attend a college football game. (Although there is a few months of difference between the disappearance of Robert and the discovery of the unidentified victim.)

Just a thought - seems there may be some doubt as to the ID - if it's not Michael Curry, then perhaps ..Robert Kovack ?http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3412dmva.html

The unidentified man has a B- blood type. That's a rare type. I wonder if Robert Kovack's blood type is on record anywhere. Also, Kovack may sound like Hicks or Hex if the person talking is injured especially with head trauma.

The unidentified man has a B- blood type. That's a rare type. I wonder if Robert Kovack's blood type is on record anywhere. Also, Kovack may sound like Hicks or Hex if the person talking is injured especially with head trauma.
No confirmation this man has been identified?:waitasec:

If there is an ongoing search for this man's identity can a mod please change the thread title "Identified"?

No confirmation this man has been identified?:waitasec:

If there is an ongoing search for this man's identity can a mod please change the thread title "Identified"?

I'll go ahead and change this back to unidentified since the link to doenetwork still shows he is unidentified. In the future, PLEASE send a pm to a mod regarding any changes which need to be addressed by a mod. with the hundreds of thousands of posts here, it is likely a post will not be seen by a mod, so we ask you please send to us via pm. Thank you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSuth07
Back