2011.06.17 TRIAL Day Twenty-one (Morning Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ICA sitting with assistant of Ms. Simms alone at table, so say tweeters

Okay, so while we are waiting for the maggots to get to college and graduate school............... does anyone know who this lady is?
COULD she be the grief nurse --------> Doesn't the state have a depo scheduled with the internet grief nurse lady today?

Now get back to those Arthropods people! LMAO

There was a tweet earlier that she is DS's assistant

SIDEBAR OVER AT 9:17

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF TIM HUNTINGTON BY JB

OBJECTION BY JA MADE PRIOR TO SIDEBAR OVERRULED

Testified as an expert witness 8 times.

JB tender the witness as an expert in the field of forensic entomology - no objection by JA.

He received a phone call from LKB on 12/11/08, asking for his involvement in this case. He then came to Florida on Saturday the 13th.

He received the entomology reports of Dr. Haskel. He then came to FL and reviewed some of the evidence in house at the OCSO, insect evidence collected from the scene, trash bag from car, and reviewed the car. He later received a box of insect material.

Dr. Haskel later received vacuum sweepings from the trunk liner of the vehicle which he has not yet received, but he has received Dr. Haskel's report, He is aware of the species of insects and number.

Entomology - the study of insects - diverse field. Vast majority of entomologists will deal with agricultural insects. Other entomologists will work at urban insects. Forensic entomology is a sub discipline of medical-criminal entomology dealing with insects in dead people. Forensic entomology deals primarily with using insects to estimate the time of death - postmortem interval - time interval between death and discovery of the remains. Insects are important because they discovery dead bodies very quickly, colonizing a human. They lay eggs, which hatch into maggots (larval insects). Witness leaving stand to write on JB's big note pad.

Flies are the main insects - they go through a complete metamorphosis - such as a butterfly. Flies hatch into maggots - starting small - their entire function is to eat. (Witness wrote too small and had to start a new page).

Eggs hatch to maggots - first stage maggot starts to feed. Insects are arthropods (a phylum of animals that has an exoskeleton- insects, spiders, ticks). Skeleton is on outside of body and can't get bigger without getting outside their body. They crawl out of their skeleton like a snake crawls out of their skin. When they do that, they get bigger. Maggots then turn into a second stage - a little bit bigger. It is very easy to tell one stage from the next because they have different characteristics. The skeleton is left behind and it either dissolves or dries up. It can be significant if you can find them as it is indicative to the time of transition. The second stage maggots get bigger and turn into third stage maggots. (The flies go through 3 stages of maggots) When they finish feeding they need to change into an adult. They will pupate which takes place in a structure that is called a paradigm ?). The adult fly will then emerge, taking time to stretch out and flex their wings, and then they fly away from the food source, to prevent other insects or animals from eating them. They go at least 30-50 feet away - up to hundreds of feet, or as little as 10 feet.

Insects are cold blooded. All organisms are dependent on temperature. Insect temperatures fluctuate with the environment.

OBJECTION BY JA

SIDEBAR #2 (9:37)

At the very least, I would have expected a whiteboard.

JAC ,no money,slave wages,blah,blah,blah.
Poor ICA,can't afford what the State can afford.
Yeah ,we know it's already set up in the courtroom,but JB has a point to make :maddening:

I have to wonder what the jury thinks of the DT not using the technology that is set up in the courtroom.

I think JB (or someone smarter than him) thinks it makes ICA look like she's being outgunned by the big bad State.

Yesterday on In Session Jose Baez said he considered himself an expert in dna. I think he likes to play pictionary also.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Does he have a DEGREE, other than a JD?

Is he a diplomate?

:snooty:

Look at that wrinkled paper! Shameful!

How ironic. He says the bugs are interested in "Self Preservation".

I am perserving myself and my rights to post here by foregoing the testimony today. Thanks for those who are sticking in and posting play by plays. Will catch up later when the hangover I got from the DT's case yesterday. :sick:

#CaseyAnthony juror 16 head on wall big yawn as lawyers go to sidebar. #CayleeAnthony.
by bobkealing via twitter at 8:38 AM

No, I don't think so. In his depo he said there should have been many, many more flies than what were found. That's what made me think of the pesticide used in the trunk causing high levels of chloroform.

Thank you that makes a lot of sense to me now.

How can he prove an alternate time of death??? Didn't Baez say Caylee died on June 16th just like the date the State said she died?? He said she drowned on June 16th so why the need to prove she died when Casey was in jail. Makes no sense at all.

Come on...we really didn't need this guy to draw what a fly egg looks like...Geez, Jose, just have him sit down and explain what he found.

i wish state would stand up and yell- and where was caylee? loved when judge said and how long are you gonna keep him up here mr baez? they just said bug expert contacted before remains identified on channel 9 . how did defense know to call this expert to call before body known before its caylee? only casey knew they just said on tv.

come on lets move this case forward i scream at my tv!!

JA bringing several pieces of paper up to sidebar.

Maybe JA has his deposition......and he stated something different during that. Just speculation on my part, but he did take a few pages out of a binder to take up to the sidebar. IMO, MOO

#CaseyAnthony is at table with the assistant of Dorothy Sims. Just the two of them. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 9:34 AM

Anyone see Mr. Mason today?

Err, why does she need an assistant? :waitasec:

Bill S. Talking about LKB calling bug guy on the day the body was found is very significant and wonders is SA picked up on it. I am sure they did.

Hellz bellz, I have leanred that a bug who is eating a dead body, runs away from the dead body as fast as he can so he doesnt get eaten..

theres the big AHHHHHHHHH HAAAAAAAAAA moment right there..lol

I really like this Dr.! Very interesting. However, the real test will be when the info he is giving is applied to the details of this case. He may score points for JB just because he is so engaged with the Jury during this "Bug" lecture.

1emhir.jpg

2573k83.jpg

I take back everything I said about commercial breaks on IS. I now find them a welcome and exciting break.

This is so stupid. I think I'd rather watch paint dry.

Don't they have a HLN 'newsmaker' that bags groceries AND plays trumpet? Bring it on! Better than watching manure pile up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam