Does anyone think this whole thing could have been prevented if KC's theft victims..

JennaB

Reaction score
Does anyone think this whole thing could have been prevented if KC's theft victims went to the police?

KC had victimized people for years and she was enabled largely by Cindy and George. There was one incident in which she stole I believe a few hundred dollars from Jesse Grund and Richard Grund confronted Cindy about KC's theft and she didn't think it was a big deal.

KC stole money from her grandparents Shirley and Alex. According to LE interviews and Rick's emails Shirely did want to go the police about KC's theft, but Cindy got KC out of it.

I think the cautionary tale from this should be to not let anyone slide for stealing from you. I think the Pleseas should have attempted to get something done legally because of KC stealing from Alex's nursing home finance fund.

I do believe if something had been done or there had been an attempt to get charges against KC this whole thing would have never happened.

No I think something in her psychiatric make up is off...even if she was punished for it once out she would have continued down a troubled path.

The only way this could have been avoided is if Casey was allowed to give Caylee up for adoption like she originally wanted to.

I think that it is possible that Caylee's death at this point in time could have been avoided IF CA had taken KC to task, made her take responsibility for her actions, and taken custody of Caylee as she had threatened. I also think that at some point KC would have been in "big trouble" again because she is definately a sociopath. It may not have been Caylee, but someone would have been the victim of KC. The thing is, after so many years of having her mother get her out of the jams she got into, and having her mother talk others out of prosecuting her for her thefts, she has now had her mother commit perjury and has, in the opinion of many, literally gotten away with murder. That makes her the most dangerous creature on the planet. MOO.

I don't think holding her accountable would have changed who KC is. Not everything an adult does can be blamed on the way they were raised. KC is just a common criminal. Just who she is, it is fun to her. I don't think a murder could have been stopped by any action of any sort, KC said it, she is spiteful and will take away whatever anyone close to her holds dear if she is not treated as a Queen. The real question is will she do it again?

I never knew that Casey stole a couple hundred dollars from Jesse or that Richard talked to Cindy about the issue. Perhaps if they had focused more on what CASEY did wrong instead of Cindy it would have gotten out to potential jurors. The same with the Grandma and the Uncle Rick. They all focused on dysfunction and running down Cindy instead and look what happened, at least with the alternate juror who only went by family dysfunction. Yes, if the grandma had filed charges and if her other family besides Cindy had swooped in to back up and support her Caylee might still be alive. Who knows, stealing from a nursing home account might have worse charges since it involves the elderly and disabled. I've never been able to find out just when Cindy discovered that theft or even her own thefts of hundreds of checks. Being charged with crimes could also have helped the Anthony's get custody, and all those checks that Casey stole could have paid an attorney to get it done.

I never knew that Casey stole a couple hundred dollars from Jesse or that Richard talked to Cindy about the issue. Perhaps if they had focused more on what CASEY did wrong instead of Cindy it would have gotten out to potential jurors. The same with the Grandma and the Uncle Rick. They all focused on dysfunction and running down Cindy instead and look what happened, at least with the alternate juror who only went by family dysfunction. Yes, if the grandma had filed charges and if her other family besides Cindy had swooped in to back up and support her Caylee might still be alive. Who knows, stealing from a nursing home account might have worse charges since it involves the elderly and disabled. I've never been able to find out just when Cindy discovered that theft or even her own thefts of hundreds of checks. Being charged with crimes could also have helped the Anthony's get custody, and all those checks that Casey stole could have paid an attorney to get it done.

IIRC, June 15th 2008.

It was mentioned in LE interview that either Jesse or Richard gave. I remember Richard in a media interview brought up the theft and he said that Cindy brushed off what Casey did to Jesse, he lost respect for her.

I really wish Shirley would have pressed charges and not let Cindy get Casey out of it.

I agree stealing from a nursing home account might have entailed worse charges or it would looked really bad in court.

Well, hopefully she'll move to Texas & continue on with her life of crime. They know how to & do punish their criminals in Texas!

She's a sociopath so if it wasn't Caylee it prob would have been someone else who gets in her way.

Maybe but I feel like there are always a million little things that, if changed, can have a much much larger impact on outcomes. I'm always so intrigued by the seemingly small things that can be part of creating just the right circumstances for some larger event.

Maybe but I feel like there are always a million little things that, if changed, can have a much much larger impact on outcomes. I'm always so intrigued by the seemingly small things that can be part of creating just the right circumstances for some larger event.

Me too.

But when I take a step back and look at the big picture a think that there were a bunch of puzzle pieces that indicated something was really wrong with her. they just hadn't been put together yet because nobody outside the family was able to put them together until she murdered her little girl.

This whole thing could have been avoided had a whole slew of folks not enabled, encouraged and taught her the behaviors she's exhibited.

I'm also intrigued by the small things too. After the verdict was read on Tuesday, I began thinking back to the past three years and what we have learned about the Anthonys. Some of the things we know about them weren't known to the jurors.

I think Shirely not pressing charges will haunt for awhile because I think she should have stood up for Alex's rights. I sort of do believe that if she had pressed charges KC would have been in jail and the A's might not have been able to bail her out. There were having some money troubles around the time when the theft was discovered.

Me too.

But when I take a step back and look at the big picture a think that there were a bunch of puzzle pieces that indicated something was really wrong with her. they just hadn't been put together yet because nobody outside the family was able to put them together until she murdered her little girl.

I agree I think some people inside and outside the family always knew something was off about KC but they probably never thought she would do anything extreme.

Shirley stated that had been disliking KC before the nursing home account theft for awhile and Rick had similar feelings.

Some of KC's friends were suspecting things were off. I remember Annie D. said in her depo that at times she had a hard time believing that KC had a good job with Universal. Melina Calabrese and Lauren Gibbs said in their LE interviews that they had a hard time believing some of the stuff that KC would tell them and they were also disappointed when they found KC lied about working at a sporting store.

I think all of the people who were friends or associated with KC will be forever haunted by their interactions with her.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing! I bet if they had had an inkling what would happen in the end they would have been to report her to the police the very first time she stole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back