Tony Padilla Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's proven that JB falsified evidence, perpetrated a fraud upon the court, then I think whether or not Tony decides to write a book will be the very least of his worries.

As a side note, I hope Tony does write a book including his perspective on this case and others. Could be very interesting to get an inside peek into his profession.

BBM
I'm curious as to why it would be okay with most people (going by the support he received in this thread when he mentioned the possibility of writing one) for TP to write a book? In the past, on this forum, whenever it has been suggested that anybody is thinking of or going to write a book or make a movie about or around Caylee's case posters have spoken out with venom filled words against anybody who would even think of profitting from the case.

I understand staple holes, photoshop, photos,even Xerox (do they still make them?) but the SA requested the original document. Wouldn't it be signed in INK (not a facsimile of ink)?
No way this motion will be granted. Lack of notice to parties. Judge saw LP months ago on NG and JB didn't squawk (too busy). An employee gets paid, these folks didn't. The contract itself says those named are not arms of the defense.

BBM
I'm curious as to why it would be okay with most people (going by the support he received in this thread when he mentioned the possibility of writing one) for TP to write a book? In the past, on this forum, whenever it has been suggested that anybody is thinking of or going to write a book or make a movie about or around Caylee's case posters have spoken out with venom filled words against anybody who would even think of profitting from the case.

I'm not sure either woe.....maybe because TP was the one who actually had a lot of $ to loose....with her being rearrested while out on bond ..i have often wonder ...did he lose his 50 thousand? Maybe because they provided "security " for the Anthonys and I'm sure recieved no payment and no graditude from Casey let alone anyone else....Heck I really dont know why I'm not upset about it...but when anyone attempts to profit it makes me :mad: ......but then again TP didnt stand there and tell the world to get off their :behind: and find my grand daughter and lie about everything I just said prior

I understand staple holes, photoshop, photos,even Xerox (do they still make them?) but the SA requested the original document. Wouldn't it be signed in INK (not a facsimile of ink)?
No way this motion will be granted. Lack of notice to parties. Judge saw LP months ago on NG and JB didn't squawk (too busy). An employee gets paid, these folks didn't. The contract itself says those named are not arms of the defense.

Do you understand white out? I love that stuff; really comes in handy! :crazy::rolleyes::crazy::)

I agree with you regarding the contractual nature of the prohibition not being an evidentiary exclusion rule like a statutory privilege. (I guess JB would go to the trouble if he believed it was helpful to him.) I raised an issue earlier that providing security services was not a criminal defense service covered under the attorney-client privilege. What do you think, AZ?

I don't think we need to reach that question -- it's clearly established that there was no security hired by the defense and that KC was repeatedly cautioned to not speak to the "security" bailbonds team.

But, IIRC, the agreement SAYS that they are NOT employees or agents. So the question is, if you were an unethical lawyer willing to fabricate evidence to support your claim that someone WAS your agent, would you include a statement saying they were NOT your agent??? :confused:

I'm going back to look at it again....

Trying to pretend I'm totally sleazy and willing to fabricate evidence:

hmmmm... This agreement is not going to hold water. It's wrong on so many levels and doesn't say anything I need it to say to be covered under privilege. No, wait, that was me and I'm smarter than JB, in my own humble opinion. I'll try again:

hmmmm... I've got a really, really good thing here but let me just add this little bit about how KC's privacy trumps all else. There. That should do it, just in case there's any question. Maybe I should take out that part about they don't work for me? hmmm... Better not. Someone may remember that and besides, it's not like I can prove I paid them anything and that rotten LP is all over the tv saying he tried to get a dollar out of me and I wouldn't give it to him. Yeah, this way is best. I'll just add this little bit here; don't need to even use an extra page, this fits in just fine and should make it air tight. Yeah, that's the ticket.

:rolling:

OK, here it is: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20089919/detail.html

p. 2 of the agreement: "This Agreement does not create a relationship in so far as that the Parties of the Second Part are in no way hired by or represent the Firm or the Defendant."

IMHO, that sentence should be taken out and shot. But "in so far as that" I understand it, it seems to be saying that LP and friends are not working for JB or Casey.

Keep reading. It also says they can't question her. Why would that be a problem if it were privileged?

I agree with you regarding the contractual nature of the prohibition not being an evidentiary exclusion rule like a statutory privilege. (I guess JB would go to the trouble if he believed it was helpful to him.) I raised an issue earlier that providing security services was not a criminal defense service covered under the attorney-client privilege. What do you think, AZ?

I think there is no way anything Casey said to LP, TP, Tracy or Rob is covered by the A/C privilege. How could she have been seeking legal advice or assistance from them? Even if they WERE hired by the defense as bodyguards (which they clearly were not), I don't think the A/C privilege would apply. I think, if you want to preserve your privilege, you need to shut your trap when around people who aren't providing legal services. That includes bodyguards, drivers, pizza delivery boys, etc., whether your lawyer hired them or not.

Here we go again. The Padillas say they were not employees of JB's; JB says the Padillas were employees of his.

That's why pages ago I tried to engage a conversation of who invited, if any one did, the Padillas to the case.

If it was the Defense who invited them, it would lend some credence as to why JB feels the way he feels.

If the Padillas just showed up inserting their own selves into the case, then no.

At least that's how I see it simplified. Of course the above has nothing to do with the legal docs, how they were drawn, who signed what, etc. Knowing the answer to the above would just help me understand where everyone was coming from.

A year ago Tony said it was a media figure, a household name, not Geraldo that invited LP into it.

Unfortunately, I think the Strickland will let us down on this one. I sincerely hope that I'm wrong. I really, really hope that I'm wrong!

True, but the concern here is when the issue is the original vs a copy, the issue is usually the genuineness of the signature vs a forgery. The issue now is whether or not the content before the signature pages was switched. Whole separate issue. Still the practice of the courts to allow proffers of evidence instead of laying a foundation is for the court's convenience and switching contract text pages would be so unexpected because of the professional ethics and rules of court with consequences so risky and severe that reasonable attorneys would not expect that. It was attached to the motion so they should have checked with the signing parties on the content of the agreement. Hindsight reveals a lot of "should haves" and the Orange County ASA's have been excellent so far -- no one is perfect.

I think she's got a text objection standing as well as a signature. She said TP asserts the document is not what he signed. Could mean either or both, imo.

Thank you but there still should be a person who goes over the file - whatever - to be sure all eggs are in a row. One looks foolish when one is in a top profession and keeps having these errors with standard procedures - no? I would pay someone, I would, to proof my work and help me with the details.

You bring up a good point about computers and it's one of my concerns about how the world runs these days. When computers break down, no one seems to know what to do. I love having a calculator but also am glad I know how to divide when I need too. I worry that people don't know how to do anything themselves anymore. Word processing was a godsend back in the day though. :)

You would; apparently he doesn't or maybe whomever checks his work was trained by him? :)

BBM

Not "anybody" just certain people who have a problem telling the truth.

ETA: Or the doing right things, by most people's standards, imo.

Wouldn't the notary keep a log of the type of document notarized. Did you and LP sign the same page on any other document and they attaced this page to the privacy agreement?

I never understand why the notarized signature page is separate with no notation or footer referencing the document.

Here it is just bad form. Having a separate signature page makes it easy to switch documents.

I'm not sure either woe.....maybe because TP was the one who actually had a lot of $ to loose....with her being rearrested while out on bond ..i have often wonder ...did he lose his 50 thousand? Maybe because they provided "security " for the Anthonys and I'm sure recieved no payment and no graditude from Casey let alone anyone else....Heck I really dont know why I'm not upset about it...but when anyone attempts to profit it makes me :mad: ......but then again TP didnt stand there and tell the world to get off their :behind: and find my grand daughter and lie about everything I just said prior

LP paid the $50,000 bond fee. He will never see a cent of it back under any circumstances. It's gone; it's a fee that isn't refunded or refundable. He knew that when he put it up but felt it was worth it to get KC to talk so he could find Caylee.

The staple marks that are visible go in opposite directions too. As well, some of the pages show that they have been hole punched to be put in a file - I noticed the first two pages did not have these marks.

As for getting LP and TP's signatures on the same page, without TP's knowledge - it's very easy! Were they (TP and LP) in the same room while the document was being signed? If not, it could easily be done on the same printer without having to cut and paste, etc. If the secretary/JB/whoever printed out only the top portion of the page (TP's portion) and had TP sign it, he would think it was with a separate document. Easily, the secretary/JB/whoever could later reinsert TP's signature page into the printer and print only the bottom section of the page (by spacing the document down on the computer to match up with the printed page)....press CTRL+P and wah-lah...you have TP's original signature at the top and a blank section at the bottom for LP. Then it would have appeared that to TP that he was the lone signature on that page. Could have happened that way if they weren't all in the same room while everyone signed.

I've never heard of a bail bondsman being on the payroll of the defense team. What defense attorney keeps a bb on their payroll? I've never heard of a defense attorney that provides security for their client either. I think it is clear that none of these 4 were on the defense team. Nice try, JB...next!!!!!:bang:

I'd at least send JB a bill for services provided since he believes I was on his payroll. Couldn't hurt, huh? :crazy:

How many Bail Bondsmen, Bounty Hunters move in with their clients usually:laugh: ? nothing in this case is 'normal'....

I think there is no way anything Casey said to LP, TP, Tracy or Rob is covered by the A/C privilege. How could she have been seeking legal advice or assistance from them? Even if they WERE hired by the defense as bodyguards (which they clearly were not), I don't think the A/C privilege would apply. I think, if you want to preserve your privilege, you need to shut your trap when around people who aren't providing legal services. That includes bodyguards, drivers, pizza delivery boys, etc., whether your lawyer hired them or not.

laughing.gif

Anyone have a contact in the media that can find this out for us?

Kathi Belich at WFTV knows everything worth knowing about this case.
You can email her via the TV site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member