Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may have to look away and then look at it again... I didn't either until I looked back at it!

Shunick’s parents released a statement Thursday evening thanking the thousands of strangers who have shown their support for their cause.

“Today, we begin our lives without Mickey,” said the statement. “We have not just lost our daughter, and our children have not just lost their sister; but all of us have lost a part of ourselves. Now, as we begin our healing process.”

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...049/Family-We-begin-our-lives-without-Mickey-

The days will always be brighter because she existed. The nights will always be darker because she's gone. And no matter what anybody says about grief and about time healing all wounds, the truth is: there are certain sorrows that never fade away until the heart stops beating and the last breath is taken.

For those that didn't see the tribute, yes it was heart breaking and beautiful.

I cried through the whole thing but the hardest part was the last image, a picture of Mickey smiling and walking with the saying "Mickey has finally come home."

Mickey touched me in a way I never though was possible.
This will forever break my heart.

Rest in peace angel... You're finally home.

"Our world became a better place on May 22, 1990, when Mickey came into this world. She brightened the lives of everyone she touched. She deserved a long and happy life filled with love and laughter, but unfortunately, today's news proved otherwise.
Today, we begin our lives without Mickey. We have not just lost our daughter and our children have not just lost their sister, but all of us have lost a part of ourselves. Now, as we begin our healing process, we can only ask for a bit of privacy from the media and the public during this somber time.
We have been so deeply touched by the thousands of strangers who have shown us their support during this difficult journey. We can never begin to repay all of you for your time, generosity, and unending support and love. And we know that Mickey would feel the s
ame.
Also, we have to remember that we are not the only family that has been hurt by this tragedy. Please consider in your thoughts the other families that have unwillingly been made a part of this crisis.
Let us remember to always be inspired by who Mickey was: her contagious smile, her love for all creatures, her devotion to family and friends, her passion for her students (for whom she served as a role model.) And last, but not least, the ray of sunshine she projects that will continue to make our world a little brighter.
We thank you for respecting our privacy during this difficult time by allowing us this opportunity to share these words with all of you today. Again, though we may now grieve for the loss of our daughter, let us also move forward by celebrating her life." -Shunick Family

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...049/Family-We-begin-our-lives-without-Mickey-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md5LL6PwXwY&feature=related"]" You Raise Me Up" Celtic Woman HD - YouTube[/ame]

:grouphug: to all WS'ers tonight

Oh my god. I want to see this news tribute!! Baton rouge news didn't even read the whole statement from the shunicks!!! Grrrr

I've read many of these threads but haven't posted yet. I've been reminded that in the face of ugly, ugly evil and subsequent human suffering, there is an awful lot of humanity out there. Mickey's family and friends, LE and those ordinary citizens who searched for her and those who grew to love her from a distance are all in my prayers. Wonderful songs honoring Mickey tonight and music is definitely my drug of choice so Van the Man's Tupelo Honey seems appropriate for a couple of reasons. The obvious is "She's an angel of the first Degree" and then there's these few lines:
You cant stop us on the road to freedom; You cant keep us cause our eyes can see; Men with insight, men in granite; Knights in armor bent on chivalry

Right now, for me, that's a shout out to everyone fighting the bad guys. We enjoy great freedoms here and we need to change the penalties for violent offenders NOW so we can safely go cycling at night without fear of violence. Its gotta change. RIP Mickey.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxVFgFDage0"]Tupelo Honey by Van Morrison - YouTube[/ame]

Queenie, maybe it is because I on my iphone, but I cannot see anything but some light and shadows in the pic. What am I missing?
The same thing I am I guess... It's to "fuzzy" for me too... :(

Queenie, maybe it is because I on my iphone, but I cannot see anything but some light and shadows in the pic. What am I missing?

I'm not good at the abstract, what is it you see?

I see what appears to be foliage too. But ultimately, it will be light and shadows -- anything else, viewers put in themselves.

Hi everyone. One of Mickey's favorites bands is Brand New. You should all look up Jesus Christ by brand New.

This song will always remind me of her.

I don't know what everyone else sees, but I see a butterfly. I also see a horse galloping skyward in the light above the trees.
picture.jpg

Your welcome, Chewawa007.. Although I am not Catholic..I am a retired Atlanta Fire Captain & do know a little about St Francis of Assisi.

The first recorded victim of 09/11/2001 was the NYFD Chaplain; Father Michael Judge, who was ordained through his church, St. Francis of Assisi..
Mickey Schunick, is in some very good company and will be patiently waiting for her family & beloved pets to join her at the rainbow bridge..someday..

SAINT OF 9/11 (Part 1 of 8) - YouTube

Mr. Foxfire, I agree with chee! You are awesome! So new to this sleuthin thang...I told my husband...there's this dude on WS who rocks my world with wisdom, intelligence, cool stuff. Each post of yours enlightened me somehow. Made me think outside the box. I thank you for that. I am Catholic. St. Francis statues and crosses thru out my garden. My husband's a fire captain! Guess that explains my connection to you and your posts. Nevamind me...I'm just fru-fru like that! ...Sadness sweeps our city tonight. My sympathies to all broken hearts, especially Ms. Mickey's family and loved ones who knew her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288