Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another choice Brad could make is for his mommy to raise the girls, god forbid.

Do we know if BC will have to go through with the psychiatric examination that NC's parents have asked for?

IIRC, the hearing on that is set for Sep 25th (or somewhere around this time). This is when the plaintiffs will try to make their case before the judge as to the basis for requesting the exam. The defense (I don't know), may be there to argue a lack-of-basis (assuming they don't agree with the need). Then, the judge will decide.

If the judge agrees with the plaintiff's (and the exam is ordered), some have speculated that it might drive a continuance of the next custody hearing (in October), as the exam results may not yet be completed.

I guess we'll see (and of course all bets are off if "something else" happens between now and then...)

Haaaaaa!!!! Momto3Kids calling the DA "Mr.Pussypants"!!! :thumb::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:You made my day.

I mean, can't they figure out that they'll be caught and go to prison? Nope! Not if they live in Wake County by the rate this is currently going.Duh:bang: Maybe they see OJ, Jason Young and Brad Cooper and think, hey, I'll get off and get on with my life. We are fast becoming the best place to live, but not in the way I like it. It is now the best place to get away with murder.:eek:

Nancy Cooper, Jenna Nielson, Michelle Young and the Herrera-Diaz murders right here in a little circle, all unsolved.Pretty amazing isn't it? All under the current DA.:mad:

I am getting ready to read Amanda Lamb's book in the next hour. Bought it last night just to see how slow this DA works. It is beginning to appear IMO he has doubts about himself with certain cases, especially ones in the national spotlight. :chicken:

I am getting ready to read Amanda Lamb's book in the next hour. Bought it last night just to see how slow this DA works. It is beginning to appear IMO he has doubts about himself with certain cases, especially ones in the national spotlight. :chicken:

Oh I'm curious. Please share your thoughts on that particular angle. I'm getting the same impression as you, but I'd like to hear more. My current impression (though I hope it's wrong) is that our DA has some things in common with ex Boulder, CO DA Alex Hunter and his reticence to take cases to trial. We cannot abide a scaredy cat, cowering, DA who is so afraid of taking a risk that he remains in the state of inertia because almost no cases rise to the level of 'slam dunk/no brainer.'

Oh I'm curious. Please share your thoughts on that particular angle. I'm getting the same impression as you, but I'd like to hear more. My current impression (though I hope it's wrong) is that our DA has some things in common with ex Boulder, CO DA Alex Hunter and his reticence to take cases to trial. We cannot abide a scaredy cat, cowering, DA who is so afraid of taking a risk that he remains in the state of inertia because almost no cases rise to the level of 'slam dunk/no brainer.'

It's going to be hard to be too open minded because it was so OBVIOUS who killed Eric. How many people had access to arsenic?
After years to get Gammon to talk and he finally is ordered to do so. Give her 2nd degree when she had full intentions of killing him. The DA had specifics on this case. DP was in order for her.

Mr Pussypants took the easy way out IMO:chicken: After reading this maybe just maybe I will have a different perspective of this...we'll see.

Bluenoser, by "index" page, go to the top of this page where your name is in the right uppermost corner saying "welcome bluenoser". Just to the left of that, at the very top of this page it will say Nancy Cooper. Click on that and it will take you to the page that I call the "index" page where you can look for everything.

Thanks for your help.:)

Hi Bluenoser! :)

On post #12 of the 'legal documents' thread, page 43, #17, Diana Duncan talks about an incident that night of the bbq.

Brad didn't understand what Katie wanted because she couldn't talk yet. Nancy was frustrated and told Brad he needed to "pay more attention to the signals."

Welcome to Websleuths, btw.

fran

Thank you :)

As for DA Willoughby keep in mind that Becky Holt is the assigned DA to Michelle's Young's case. While I agree that DA Willoughby is seemingly letting these perps walk the street I still can't help but wonder who's going to organize the protest when the DA's office takes a circumstantial case to court and loses, and a potential killer goes free for life (a la O.J.)? The statute of limitations on murder never runs out, but an aquittal is forever. Just food for thought.

90 days sounds like enough time to me, but then you look at a case like the M.Y. case that has dragged on since Nov '06 and you wonder if anything can happen in a timely manner. I bet the CPD will have their part mostly wrapped-up, but being allowed to call him a "POI" if the DA doesn't give the thumbs up? I don't know. "" definitely.

DA Colin Willoughby office is extremely conservative and methodical.....he does not shoot from the hip They will not seek an indictment until there is enough evidence to assure a conviction in court. Not knowing what forensic evidence they have, it could be soon or it could be months away.

The DA will never allow the cops to publicly call BC a POI or a suspect

Read the book, it is very good.
All the DA needs is evidence to get a conviction, you will see that in the book. It took 4 years, but they finally got what they needed and the DA gave the green light to indict. You will also see that the particular assistant DA assigned to the case has a lot of say so.
A cop would not want *advertiser censored* DA Tom Ford if they wanted to make the arrest.

DA Colin Willoughby office is extremely conservative and methodical.....he does not shoot from the hip They will not seek an indictment until there is enough evidence to assure a conviction in court. Not knowing what forensic evidence they have, it could be soon or it could be months away.

The DA will never allow the cops to publicly call BC a POI or a suspect
IMO being conservative and methodical is not always the best answer. So many other things can occur with a possible suspect while he is dotting his i's. Sometimes you have to go with what you have, especially if all avenues have been exhausted.

We all know no one can get 100% convictions that we all would love to see. But it appears he wants 100% record or its a NO go.

IMO being conservative and methodical is not always the best answer. So many other things can occur with a possible suspect while he is dotting his i's. Sometimes you have to go with what you have, especially if all avenues have been exhausted.

We all know no one can get 100% convictions that we all would love to see. But it appears he wants 100% record or its a NO go.

Like the MY case, I would rather wait until they have an airtight case rather than risk the killer walking.

Patience usually pays in the end .

Like the MY case, I would rather wait until they have an airtight case rather than risk the killer walking.

I agree JTF. As frustrating as it is and we know it's coming up on two years for Michelle to get justice. I would rather wait another 2 years than see Jason walk because Willoughby acted out of public demand or carelessness.

ETA and that goes for Brad too.

Sometimes there will not be an airtight case. Do we let this person walk around an endless amount of time because we can't be positive we won't get a conviction? Sometimes you have to go with what you got, especially if you have some strong evidence.

There are repercussions to waiting as well. I am not saying it IS time to arrest BC, and I feel he will be sooner than JY since BC has talked.

Sometimes there will not be an airtight case. Do we let this person walk around an endless amount of time because we can't be positive we won't get a conviction? Sometimes you have to go with what you got, especially if you have some strong evidence.

There are repercussions to waiting as well. I am not saying it IS time to arrest BC, and I feel he will be sooner than JY since BC has talked.

Prime example of waiting....it took the SBI and FBI 14 months to determine JY's hush puppy shoe print left at the scene. Very damning evidence that would have been missed if they made an arrest the first few months.

Who knows, maybe the DA has the Cooper file and plans to indict very soon.

Waiting for justice for someone you care about is a long, frustrating and sometimes painful journey. Especially when you know who the guilty party is. All the evidence whether circumstantial or not makes it obvious to you who is guilty. Unfortunately though being emotionally involved keeps us from seeing the case as a whole and what the DA needs to get a solid conviction.

I can't recall now the 'name' associated with this case, but there was this one case where the body was not found, but LE felt they had enough evidence, including an 'eye witness' that one guy had murdered his gf. At the time, LE knew there had been photos taken of part of the crime, yet they couldn't find them and continued with the prosecution.

Well, the guy was found NOT guilty.

Some time later, the new owners of the suspects former home were having new carpeting layed and the workman found the pictures of the 'crime' in a floorboard or something. Anyway, the guy had already been tried and found NOT guilty and walked......................

I know it's hard when we are ALMOST positive and everything points toward the culprit, but the DA has to feel comfortable that it will be enough to convince twelve people that the suspect is guilty 'beyond a reasonable doubt.'

That is one of the problems of 'domestic violence,' in that the forensics used in 'stranger type crimes,' doesn't necessarily work because you expect their partner's DNA, etc, to be there. IMO, what MAY work for Nancy COULD be the contents of her stomach. Not sure, but possible to establish TOD. And that would be IF it was soon after she returned home during the early morning hours after the BBQ.

JMHO
fran

Prime example of waiting....it took the SBI and FBI 14 months to determine JY's hush puppy shoe print left at the scene. Very damning evidence that would have been missed if they made an arrest the first few months.

Who knows, maybe the DA has the Cooper file and plans to indict very soon.

I fully understand and do not disagree at all about this amount of time being needed. I do have an issue with 4 years passing. By this time other cases are on the forefront and headlined.

IMO most of the evidence they are going to use against a defendent was accumulated in the beginning. To sit years in hope for just 1 more piece comes along is not going to always be the most wise decision.

Question...even if a suspect is arrested this doesn't mean the DA can't continue to get evidence against them or does it? They still have what appears to be at least a year following the arrest to build the case until trial.

ITA that patience and persistence may be the best course to ensure a conviction of the guilty party. The part that I find frustrating is that that may mean years that a child is raised by a murderer.:steamed: A few years are a good portion of any childhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50