AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youre right, I meant physical custody. But you bring up something I forgot... What was she doing in Texas all that time? Maybe the baby was missing long before the 27th. That makes this even more worrisome.

Oh but Tammi Smith has stated that she heard Gabe cry and mumble and such in the background of her phone calls with Johnson -- all of her calls throughout the road trip --

Youre right, I meant physical custody. But you bring up something I forgot... What was she doing in Texas all that time? Maybe the baby was missing long before the 27th. That makes this even more worrisome.

I would love to know what brought her to Texas in the first place and what she did there for 5 days and why she ditched the car and bought a bus ticket. Why would you ride a bus if you had a car?

I believe LE has stated that Gabriel was seen on the 26th. I am assuming on surveillance tape from the hotel where they were staying.

You know thats what I hate about NG, she helps people skirt the answers. She never asked them if they gave her any money, instead she positioned the question and answer to be ambivalent from the get go. I havent seen all of their interviews with local networks but did any others ask them?

She sure doesn't come off as the whiz prosecutor they say she was pre-TV.

Oh but Tammi Smith has stated that she heard Gabe cry and mumble and such in the background of her phone calls with Johnson -- all of her calls throughout the road trip --

I take that with a grain of salt. I really dont even consider it to be factual at all. I also think its convenient that the day she gets on a bus to go to Florida is the day when she decided to start avoiding Tammie. Why at that point? Why not sooner or later? It's not like the baby could be verified by putting him on the phone with her.

http://www.kpho.com/video/22155911/index.html

Listen to this bit regarding TPS and EJ meeting at an airport. Starting at about 1:50 EJ is responding to questions from a reporter on how she met the couple she claims she gave Gabriel to in San Antonio. Then TPS breaks in at about 2:20 and says "That's how WE met, in the, in the, umm, what do you call it, the airport." It's probably nothing but it just sounds so odd to me.
It is as if she feels the need to bolster Elizabeth's statement. Why would she need to do that ?

You know thats what I hate about NG, she helps people skirt the answers. She never asked them if they gave her any money, instead she positioned the question and answer to be ambivalent from the get go. I havent seen all of their interviews with local networks but did any others ask them?

She does do that, but she especially has done that with the Smiths
She also cuts people off who seem to have something substantive to add if it does not fit her point --I mean tunnel of view
I don't remember seeing anyone ask them directly if they gave her money

I would love to know what brought her to Texas in the first place and what she did there for 5 days and why she ditched the car and bought a bus ticket. Why would you ride a bus if you had a car?

I believe LE has stated that Gabriel was seen on the 26th. I am assuming on surveillance tape from the hotel where they were staying.

Wasnt the total money about $600 from the dogs and apartment rental? Assuming that is true, that amount of money is not going to support someone on a 1000 mile drive for 8 days, including the luxury of a hotel room and a bus ticket.

I'm not A Closer Look - but I think J&T Smith got the message when Tempe LE came out and said that Logan has custody and the baby BELONGS with Logan. It was after this public announcement that TPS finally started talking like she understood there was no way in Hades she was going to get that baby. JMO of course.

Salem

That's the timeframe I'm seeing a change too. Not prior. That's why it won't connect in my brain that Tammi would have, earlier, facilitated Gabriel going to someone else.

I too question if the Smith's gave her money. I dont think anyone has come right out and asked them that have they?

Not important, but I was wondering how she afforded a plane trip BEFORE meeting the Peters-Smiths. I mean if they met on a plane or in an airport, somebody would have had to buy her a ticket before she met them.

IDK - all too crazy.

The discussion came up on NG I believe -- NG asked where the Smiths' think she got the money for the motel, gas, bus ticket, etc
They asserted that she sold her two yorkies and rented a room to a friend and came up with a total of $900 that she had from those two moves
Then they asserted that she never asked them for "even a quarter"

I remember thinking, well maybe she did not have to ask because they handed her the money without her asking

BBM... other news stories say she was living with her grandfather in his mobile home, which makes me wonder how she would be able to rent out a room in his home to someone else?

This sure seems to be one, long and twisted story, doesn't it?

I take that with a grain of salt. I really dont even consider it to be factual at all. I also think its convenient that the day she gets on a bus to go to Florida is the day when she decided to start avoiding Tammie. Why at that point? Why not sooner or later? It's not like the baby could be verified by putting him on the phone with her.
BBM. Isn't our source for that information Tammi herself ?

It's odd to me too. It almost seems as if she was staying there for a reason, otherwise why not just be passing through on her way to Florida? Maybe that's another reason LE believes Gabriel is alive ~ she did hand off him to someone. :waitasec:

Wasnt the total money about $600 from the dogs and apartment rental? Assuming that is true, that amount of money is not going to support someone on a 1000 mile drive for 8 days, including the luxury of a hotel room and a bus ticket.
Then in addition staying in Florida with no car or job? I suspect she had more money than $600. and it could've come from whoever has Gabriel. MOO

Then in addition staying in Florida with no car or job? I suspect she had more money than $600. and it could've come from whoever has Gabriel. MOO

I think she had no money whatsoever in Florida, she was staying in a youth hostel.

The alleged amount reported by the Smiths was 900 -- she spent $150 on the bus ticket and about $250 for the room as far as I remember

http://www.kpho.com/video/22155911/index.html

Listen to this bit regarding TPS and EJ meeting at an airport. Starting at about 1:50 EJ is responding to questions from a reporter on how she met the couple she claims she gave Gabriel to in San Antonio. Then TPS breaks in at about 2:20 and says "That's how WE met, in the, in the, umm, what do you call it, the airport." It's probably nothing but it just sounds so odd to me.

BBM - It may mean something.... on NG last night (I think) there is a point where TS puts her hand on JS's leg and reminds him that they met EJ at the airport. I can't remember exactly what they were talking about - but JS was doing the talking and TS was doing the reminding.

I have some real suspicions about the meeting at the airport. EJ's grandfather did say that EJ met the Smiths while flying back from Boston. It is in one of his first interviews. Soooo..... I don't know.....

I don't believe EJ and I don't believe the Smiths. We will have to see what happens I guess :waitasec:

Salem

It is as if she feels the need to bolster Elizabeth's statement. Why would she need to do that ?

Maybe it was a "let me say where we met so you can just agree" thing - I don't know about that story.

What I am wondering is who are all the folks Tammi says commended her for turning over Gabriel to Tammi and so she can't under stand why everyone is having a problem with it now? I do think in this case, she is telling the truth. I wish the reporter had asked her and had quit inflicting "Tammi said, Tammi did" on her as that was just promoting Tammi as the authority figure and allowing Tammi a certain voice that should not be constantly promoted. Since Elizabeth can't see it as wrong to have taken Gabriel away from Logan, I think that makes it less likely she can see Tammi might have manipulated her. It sounds like the two of them were together in the hate Logan crowd. But, again, the reporter doesn't ever ask how can yopou give the baby away to two stranger who want him and justify not giving him to his father - at least when Elizabeth is answering him repeatedly about how she could give Gabriel away to strangers and how does she know he is not dead. Or ask Tammi that question as someone would have to lie and it might give the public or LE some insight on the two of them.

I'm going to listen to the second half closely, but I think about midway through that tape Elizabeth is caught in a lie - when she talks about "when you give your kid up for adoption". I don't think she would have abruptly gone to that as a reason for giving Gabriel to strangers in the park unless what she actually thought was those people were adopting the kid - which means they were set-up to adopt him. Just my hunches, could be wrong.

I remember that but I didn't think those were free either.

The only reason i suspect it was free is because it is refrred to as a "youth" hostel. I can only find one in Miami Beach on my searches and it is not for youths. Legally I have never heard of an youth being allowed to rent a room so either it was free for youths or it was an adult one and they charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah