2010.10.08 - MISTY's St. Johns Co. FELONY SENTENCING @1:30PM (secret witness?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt she'll talk- she and ToC are in too deep.

Without getting into great detail about my own childhood I went thru 8 years of very needed therapy when I was 28 and I have been diagnosed with severe PTSD so it is not only from people who come back from war, It is a diagnoses that is given when you have been thru or seen things that will stay with you and affect you for the rest of your life...Off my soapbox now.

Kimmer, thanks for sharing that, and you are so right! there are other things contributing to PTSD.
who knows what Misty has encountered in her childhood. Hard for me to judge too harshly. Just me saying...

misty doesn't sound terribly remorseful from what I'm reading thus far ... but ... what's this about becoming hysterical? do we know what caused her to become hysterical?

wow....just wow...Misty, you are an idiot!! Ronald is sitting pretty, smirking his special smirk just for you! How, in the name of all that is holy, can you be so stupid?? :banghead:

misty doesn't sound terribly remorseful from what I'm reading thus far ... but ... what's this about becoming hysterical? do we know what caused her to become hysterical?

The sentence she knew she'd likely get.

What was the point of the judge pointing out the Cummings clan in the courtroom were there for Haleigh? This is about Misty being sentenced for drugs....

This part makes me so mad I could spit!

JMO

I think they charged her for her role in the murder of HaLeigh, they just don't have enough to prove it. IMHO.

I agree. It just feels so wrong. Haleigh deserved her day in court.

"So much life ahead of me."

Prison will make you aware of that every day for the next 25 years. that's 9125 days. So much ahead of you, Misty.

Judge had no sympathy for her at all I see. Well, Ron sure did get the sugar out of this deal. Misty gets 25yrs for one of her charges as a first time offender and Ron got 15 yrs for 3 charges and had 2 of them dropped. Something is fishy is that town. :cow:

Misty Croslin will serve 25 years in prison for trafficking drugs, a St. Johns County judge ruled today.
Misty Croslin took the stand in her own defense, saying that she started selling drugs because she grew up poor

10/08/2010

"Snip" http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...=m1fasXvFwWFhIWellmwk64tG8gXe10fmV/IfW4xWdU4=

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- Misty is being sentenced today for trafficking oxycodone, a prescription pain medication.

"It is wrong to drug deal, but when you grow up poor, that is what you do," she said on the stand during defense questioning.

She agreed that for the first time in her life, she is in control.

She also was questioned by Judge Wendy Berger who asked her why she should be treated different than her codefendants.

"I wouldn't be here if (the FBI) didn't come at me... I'm not a drug dealer," Croslin responded.

Berger disagreed. She pointed at Haleigh's family in the courtroom. "They're here because of Haleigh, you're here because of drugs."

Croslin also asked to be sentenced as a youthful offender. "I'm so young, I have a lot of life ahead of me...."

"But you like the money?" said Berger. "Yes," Croslin responded.

The state argued with Croslin about her involvement in the drug deals; she has persisted that she was not the leader and that the drug contacts were the groups' not hers alone.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=170750&catid=3#comments

Misty on stand today:

"It is wrong to drug deal but when you grow up poor, that is what you do," she said on the stand during defense questioning.

She agreed that for the first time in her life, she is in control.
Ahhhhh...my mother grew up dirt poor...no one knew her real birthday either...she dropped out of high school...and you couldn't have met a more loving, generous, and law abiding citizen.

My problem is not so much with what Misty got....but with what Ron didn't get.

Yes...it sure seems it had the desired result. For some macabre reason, I can envision GGMS chopping the head off that rat with a big, bad butcher knife. :sick:

Or with a "finger" knife. LOL

What was the point of the judge pointing out the Cummings clan in the courtroom were there for Haleigh? This is about Misty being sentenced for drugs....

IMO, Misty was intimating she was arrested and in court because the FBI came after her because of Haleigh, and the Judge was disagreeing, saying <No>, "they are here for Haleigh, you are here for drugs."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member