Kyron Horman's mom's civil suit against Terri Horman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes and thanks for the correction. Is there anything else you remember about that dizydazze?

I remember the local Sauvie resident stated that the man that was run off the road was visably shaken and was trying to call on his cell phone and didn't want to talk to any of the locals that tried to see if he was ok and then a short time later another local seen the same red mustang on the other side of the island speeding like crazy. All this was the morning that Kyron went missing approximately around 10am-11am

Since the the majority agree that Terri didn't do this alone and it is not out of the realm of possibilty that the mustang was obtained and used for various theories.

Now back to if anyone can identify the man at the court? (based on theory/curiousity), the man had sat on the defendant side way in the back, did not take notes like the reporters did and "appeared" to have himself positioned when Desiree and family were hugging each other.

Here is a screen shot of the KATU video
http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/dizzydazze/Court/Untitled.jpg

Here is the video at link
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Judg...ay-lawsuit-166284266-Kyron.html?tab=video&c=y

Now back to if anyone can identify the man at the court? (based on theory/curiousity), the man had sat on the defendant side way in the back, did not take notes like the reporters did and "appeared" to have himself positioned when Desiree and family were hugging each other.

sbm

I do recall that mustang/Sauvie Island gossip and still think there might be something to it. However, anyone who might have been involved in the disappearance of Kyron would have to be plain nuts to show up at a hearing with TM there. Also, when you are at the courthouse, you just sit where you can find a seat, no matter who it is behind. Its not like a wedding where you sit behind the bride or groom depending on who invited you.

I still think the fellow was with one of the women hugging Desiree.

The Judge is delaying Terri's depo, but allowing the case to proceed. At what point will he allow her to be deposed?

Hi Gwenabob
icon7.gif

Can you offer your thoughts on the above please?

Also, what if Terri cannot find an attorney who will take her case and is found to be indigent. Is it like criminal court and a PD is appointed?

I've lost so many details in this case which I had committed to memory, it's frustrating. But does anyone remember the witness who saw Terri pull out from a rural side road and get on the highway? I wanna see that guy (among others) deposed.

I remember the local Sauvie resident stated that the man that was run off the road was visably shaken and was trying to call on his cell phone and didn't want to talk to any of the locals that tried to see if he was ok and then a short time later another local seen the same red mustang on the other side of the island speeding like crazy. All this was the morning that Kyron went missing approximately around 10am-11am

Since the the majority agree that Terri didn't do this alone and it is not out of the realm of possibilty that the mustang was obtained and used for various theories.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Judg...ay-lawsuit-166284266-Kyron.html?tab=video&c=y

I'm going out on a limb with this guess but I think this guy might be one of those that inserted themselves into this case via Facebook. Like I said, it's only a guess.

I'm going out on a limb with this guess but I think this guy might be one of those that inserted themselves into this case via Facebook. Like I said, it's only a guess.

Your probably right, just his actions and positioning himself and watching Desiree and family within video shot, when he was on the opposite side of the court room during the hearing and then walking past the exit to the other side after the hearing.

I am probably over suspicious.

Hi Gwenabob
icon7.gif

Also, what if Terri cannot find an attorney who will take her case and is found to be indigent. Is it like criminal court and a PD is appointed?

I've lost so many details in this case which I had committed to memory, it's frustrating. But does anyone remember the witness who saw Terri pull out from a rural side road and get on the highway? I wanna see that guy (among others) deposed.

On question #1, there are enough people who can be deposed to keep them busy for a long time, along with all the discovery they will need to subpoena and sort through. I guess we will have to wait and see what the judge decides as far as TM's deposition. Civil cases take a long time. It could be months.

On question #2, I do not believe a person has the right to a public defender for a civil case. Only for cases in which personal freedom (jail time) is at stake. If you cannot afford an attorney, I think you are just out of luck. Considering her divorce attorney had to jump in to keep it from defaulting says to me that he has no intention of staying if he can help it (the special appearance), and that she is having trouble finding someone to take her on, for whatever reason.

I am interested in hearing from all the witnesses who may have something to say. But you can be sure the public won't hear anything at all until it goes to trial. And it will go to trial short of losing on summary judgment. There will be no settlement in this case.

It is possible he works for one of the attorneys--perhaps a paralegal.

Would you say this is Kyron were your child, or would you use every legal means at your disposal to find him?

I'm not sure what the outcome will be, my legal knowledge of civil procedures in a case like this is bumpkus. But I admire Desiree, as a Mom myself I can identify with her need to find her child. For gosh sakes, she waited patiently for two years, isn't that enough?

I do understand that Desiree is doing whatever she can to find Kyron. I just think this isn't the route to go, but that's just my opinion. The media has already gone on a frenzy saying that she has now been named the "prime suspect," which isn't actually true, yet.

I do understand that Desiree is doing whatever she can to find Kyron. I just think this isn't the route to go, but that's just my opinion. The media has already gone on a frenzy saying that she has now been named the "prime suspect," which isn't actually true, yet.

The judge called her a prime suspect. There may be reasons unknown to us that the police have declined calling her a de facto prime suspect, that may have nothing to do with whether or not she actually is the prime suspect.

Personally, I don't see any other option for Desiree. Sitting on her hands didn't solve the case. Giving TM room to breathe didn't solve the case. Asking for the public's help didn't solve the case. What else can she do? I admire her for being proactive.

Hi Gwenabob
icon7.gif

Hi Knox, I feel like your sister in this case as I'm finding I need to review the details I had committed to memory before. lol

In fact yesterday I had to go out to Hillsboro from Vancouver and thought I'd take the St John''s Cathedral bridge over to Hwy 30 and cut up the mountain at the road where that man saw Terri turn onto the Hwy. I couldn't remember the name of the road, although I remembered it was just past a fresh water lake along the Hwy, when suddenly I got a news blast of a major fire up the road and they were closing the Hwy. I turned around, feeling I was so stupid as I should have remembered the name of that road!!!

I'll look him up as I remember it well, he was on his way to work I think and the white truck pulled out of that road with a red head driving onto the Hwy right in front of him. and right at the perfect time too. It placed her at that spot at a certain time.

Found it: http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopular/story/Terri-wants-money-to-move-out-Kyron-Horman/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx?p=10

Snip
"a man who asked not to be shown on camera, expressed his frustration about the Kyron Horman tipline.

“Chas” said he has called the tip line twice, but hadn’t heard back. He was concerned other people’s tips, like his, were not checked on.

Chas said he saw Terri Horman the day Kyron mysteriously vanished.

“I was on my way to work, driving down Highway 30,” said “Chas.”

It was Friday, June 4th, sometime between 9:15 and 9:45 in the morning. “Chas” was heading south on Highway 30, on his way to work when a white truck pulled out onto the road.

"It came out of one of these side streets, I am not exactly positive which one, but I am pretty much sure that it was north of Logie Trail road.”

Logie Trail Road is right across from Sauvie Island. One of the areas investigators have searched several times.

"I recognize that truck because I have a friend that has a similar truck and I thought it was him.”

But when “Chas” pulled up next to this truck, he saw that it wasn't his friend, it was a red-haired woman, he didn't recognize.

He later realized that “red-haired” woman was Terri Horman. . . .
"

Just to add my thoughts on what road that might have been. Some of us have pondered whether it could have been Rocky Point Road where he supposedly saw the white truck. Also if you add in the sighting of the white truck that the man on Skyline mentioned, you can see why they spent so much time searching in and around that stretch of Skyline. I drive it weekly. There are treacherous sections on both Logie Trail and Rocky Point. Lots of wooded steep terrain. ::Shudder::

Possible sighting of white truck up on Skyline:
http://www.katu.com/news/local/114935669.html

Hi Knox, I feel like your sister in this case as I'm finding I need to review the details I had committed to memory before. lol

In fact yesterday I had to go out to Hillsboro from Vancouver and thought I'd take the St John''s Cathedral bridge over to Hwy 30 and cut up the mountain at the road where that man saw Terri turn onto the Hwy. I couldn't remember the name of the road, although I remembered it was just past a fresh water lake along the Hwy, when suddenly I got a news blast of a major fire up the road and they were closing the Hwy. I turned around, feeling I was so stupid as I should have remembered the name of that road!!!

I'll look him up as I remember it well, he was on his way to work I think and the white truck pulled out of that road with a red head driving onto the Hwy right in front of him. and right at the perfect time too. It placed her at that spot at a certain time.

Found it: http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopular/story/Terri-wants-money-to-move-out-Kyron-Horman/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx?p=10

Snip
"a man who asked not to be shown on camera, expressed his frustration about the Kyron Horman tipline.

“Chas” said he has called the tip line twice, but hadn’t heard back. He was concerned other people’s tips, like his, were not checked on.

Chas said he saw Terri Horman the day Kyron mysteriously vanished.

“I was on my way to work, driving down Highway 30,” said “Chas.”

It was Friday, June 4th, sometime between 9:15 and 9:45 in the morning. “Chas” was heading south on Highway 30, on his way to work when a white truck pulled out onto the road.

"It came out of one of these side streets, I am not exactly positive which one, but I am pretty much sure that it was north of Logie Trail road.”

Logie Trail Road is right across from Sauvie Island. One of the areas investigators have searched several times.

"I recognize that truck because I have a friend that has a similar truck and I thought it was him.”

But when “Chas” pulled up next to this truck, he saw that it wasn't his friend, it was a red-haired woman, he didn't recognize.

He later realized that “red-haired” woman was Terri Horman. . . .
"
The problem with Chas' sighting is that it doesn't seem to fit with Andrea Leckey, the lady who worked at the gym, talking with Terri at the second Fred Meyer some time between 9:30 and 10:00. And during the last big press conference LE had, they seemed to confirm that they believed Terri did visit the first FM before that. That PC was when they showed the pics of the truck in front of the school and also showed pics of where Terri had parked in front of the two Fred Meyers (we found that out because LE didn't erase the metadata embedded in the picture files).

I do recall that mustang/Sauvie Island gossip and still think there might be something to it. However, anyone who might have been involved in the disappearance of Kyron would have to be plain nuts to show up at a hearing with TM there. Also, when you are at the courthouse, you just sit where you can find a seat, no matter who it is behind. Its not like a wedding where you sit behind the bride or groom depending on who invited you.

I still think the fellow was with one of the women hugging Desiree.

------------

I have my theories on why that man would attend the civil hearing, in my opinion it would not be plain nuts for him to attend, it is plain nuts for LE not to give it some thought.

The problem with Chas' sighting is that it doesn't seem to fit with Andrea Leckey, the lady who worked at the gym, talking with Terri at the second Fred Meyer some time between 9:30 and 10:00. And during the last big press conference LE had, they seemed to confirm that they believed Terri did visit the first FM before that. That PC was when they showed the pics of the truck in front of the school and also showed pics of where Terri had parked in front of the two Fred Meyers (we found that out because LE didn't erase the metadata embedded in the picture files).

Yes, but it does fit the theory of two white trucks and another red head. :angel:

True. Defendants do not need to answer or show up at all. But then they automatically lose, and plaintiff wins whatever they asked for in the complaint. Terri might feel it doesn't matter because she has nothing anyway. Her folks may have willed everything they have to their grandchildren, cutting TM out of it entirely. She might feel it is worth getting a million dollar judgment against her rather than testify. But she has many years left to live and will eventually have to get a job and work. She will want to buy a car. A judgment can be garnished upon for a long time. I guess she could file bankruptcy. <shrug> Who knows? Maybe that is the plan. Don't answer. Let them win. File bankruptcy. Wholly unsatisfying to those who want justice, but probably a good strategy for her.

I didnt think you were able to file bank ruptcy on a judgment..you have to file before the judgement. That is what I understood anyway.

I didnt think you were able to file bank ruptcy on a judgment..you have to file before the judgement. That is what I understood anyway.

There are types of judgments such as student loans, child support, court fines, real estate taxes, etc than cannot be discharged. But as far as filing for bankruptcy before or after the judgment, that does not make a difference. People have judgments discharged all the time. However, if that judgment has been perfected into a lien such as against real estate, that cannot be discharged so easily. But TM, as far as I know, does not own any property. Even the house she lived in was owned solely by Kaine.

I guess she is just buying time, so to speak. JMO

Just curious as to why you assume he positioned himself in the cameras way and why you seem so interested in him?

Many people attended that hearing. That man isn't the only person that went that sat on the defendants side, didn't take any notes, and exited out the doors.

Just curious as to why you assume he positioned himself in the cameras way and why you seem so interested in him?

Many people attended that hearing. That man isn't the only person that went that sat on the defendants side, didn't take any notes, and exited out the doors.

I have an interest in him, from his previous actions and when I saw he attended the hearing it raised further questions.

Did you attend the hearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members