GUILTY FL - James Maxwell for kidnapping, rape of 9yo girl, Port Orange, 2011

Considering that two of the accused perps in cases that you mentioned were either convicted or accused of sex related offenses prior to the murders, maybe they shouldn't have been given "slack" to begin with, before they allegedly committed these murders.

Did any of them drop their prior victims off at the police station after the incidents?

Did any of them drop their prior victims off at the police station after the incidents?

And what does that have to do with a price of tea in China? Clearly they got slack, one wasn't convicted at all of prior child molestations he was accused of, the other one didn't kill the victims he was convicted for. And how good did that work?

Police said it's possible he spent up to 12 hours alone with the girl, but they're not sure. They were able to locate him after he dropped her off because of a witness who saw him and followed him.
"People who go to prison for eight years for attempted murder for stabbing a woman in the heart do not rehabilitate," Anthony said.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/person-interest-arrested-reported-port-orange-abdu/nF4X8/

I think that should be kind of obvious, but apparently not.

And what does that have to do with a price of tea in China? Clearly they got slack, one wasn't convicted at all of prior child molestations he was accused of, the other one didn't kill the victims he was convicted for. And how good did that work?

I don't think anyone is saying that he should be given a medal or a parade. Just being thankful that he did not kill the poor child, like many pedos do these days. I do not understand why that is making people angry to hear someone say that.

I was raped by my uncle for a few years as a young child.I am to this day, glad to be alive and well. He could killed and hidden my body at some point because I eventually stood up to him and threatened to tell my mother. I am still grateful that he left me alone after that.

I think this guy already got plenty of slack, considering his long criminal history which includes attempted murder, and him being out and about. How much more slack is he supposed to get?

The difference, in other cases, he was given slack that allowed him to be out and walking around, and that is not at all what I am suggesting in this instance.

I think this guy already got plenty of slack, considering his long criminal history which includes attempted murder, and him being out and about. How much more slack is he supposed to get?

So many times on these boards I hear people say, "But WHY did he have to kill her?". Well, this time he didn't kill her and, I, for one am very thankful for that.

It's not slack-- he committed a lesser crime, instead of murder it's kidnap and rape. He did it for himself to avoid the death penalty, I'm sure. He's a seasoned inmate/violent criminal, he knew what was what.

By the time his day in court comes around (if there's even a trial, he'll probably plea bargain so he can get out one day) I hope this young girl testifies solidly, with all the strength and support she needs to get through it. May she heal along the way. (It's wonderful to have such exemplary young lady survivors as Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard to look to for inspiration. I hope this family turns to the works of these two to assist them in recovery.)

My heart and mind is with her, the family, and the neighbors who had this monster living amidst them. moo

I don't think anyone is saying that he should be given a medal or a parade. Just being thankful that he did not kill the poor child, like many pedos do these days. I do not understand why that is making people angry to hear someone say that.

I was raped by my uncle for a few years as a young child.I am to this day, glad to be alive and well. He could killed and hidden my body at some point because I eventually stood up to him and threatened to tell my mother. I am still grateful that he left me alone after that.

After Jessica's law passed my Uncle said: "I will have to kill the next one. I get the same amount of time either way and a dead girl can't talk."

He apparently wasn't the only Pedophile that felt that way, from what I heard.

My Uncle didn't kill because he wanted to keep them around for as long as possible.
This guy obviously didn't think he was going to get to keep her around.

There have been cases where the person has been unable to kill the victim, because they actually had a heart.

They could go to great lengths to keep other inmates from finding out the person's crime.
They could assist the inmate with being in a prison closer to family.
They could simply make the time they are there a little more tolerable.

Nothing which would shorten their sentence, just make it slightly easier to serve. :twocents:

I'm not sure where to post this. Port Orange, Fla., police are using cadaver dogs to search the back yard of an accused child rapist. I don't know of any missing kids, but I'm about to start checking. Unfortunately, this story might mesh with another by this afternoon.

I wish they would state why they are using cadaver dogs now and not make us wait until the pc this afternoon!

http://www.news-journalonline.com/b...ng-yard-of-port-orange-home-for-cadavers.html

James Maxwell, 44, has been jailed since December after investigators charged him with the rape of a 9-year-old girl.

Port Orange Police Lt. Dave Meyer said a press conference would be held later today to offer more details of the investigation.

Oops. I forgot to include the link. It appears that Laurel Rogers has been missing since February 2010. I'm going to see if she has a thread. If not, I'll start one. This could be linked. There are no missing children in the NamUs database from the immediate area. The closest are from about 30 miles away.

By the way, I'm from Mattoon, Ill. I noticed the Central Illinois location, tlcox.

I have posted on the Laurel Rogers information and support thread. Hopefully, my posts will be moved to a new missing discussion thread on Laurel Rogers.

Laurel lived 1.5 miles from this man and disappeared Feb. 2, 2010.....

The press conference just ended. It sounds like James Maxwell indicated concerns when he learned that his family was going to dig up the back yard. Apparently, they are doing some sort of construction. I think they may be installing a new septic tank. Based on his comments, the two individuals tipped police, who used radar equipment to locate a likely body. They found human remains today. It appears to be an adult. They did not say whether it was male. The body was badly decomposed. I'm going to the new missing thread to discuss who this might be.

The press conference just ended. It sounds like James Maxwell indicated concerns when he learned that his family was going to dig up the back yard. Apparently, they are doing some sort of construction. I think they may be installing a new septic tank. Based on his comments, the two individuals tipped police, who used radar equipment to locate a likely body. They found human remains today. It appears to be an adult. They did not say whether it was male. The body was badly decomposed. I'm going to the new missing thread to discuss who this might be.

Link to article about remains....

http://www.news-journalonline.com/breakingnews/2012/06/police-dogs-searching-yard-of-port-orange-home-for-cadavers.html

Port Orange police have found human remains in the back yard of a Port Orange man accused of sexual battery of a child.

Police Chief Gerald Monahan said this afternoon that James Maxwell, 44, who has been jailed since December after investigators charged him with the rape of a 9-year-old girl, is a suspect in the death of the person found.

my only question? What brain trust decided it was a good idea to have a baby with this man (one of the articles indicated he and his girlfriend have a 3 month old baby)? shudder.

I am glad he didn't kill her but he did kill her mentally! This poor child will always remember this horrible ordeal happening to her. I know that most people do not agree with the death penalty but in cases where a child is raped, molested or murdered I believe the death penalty should be carried out. We all know that these sick people can not be cured! There is no reason to let them breathe the same air as the rest of us and our children. They offer nothing good to society!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back