NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#29

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was still listed yesterday, so must have happened in the last 24 hours.

But note how other Tarbey family members are still GBC's friends. Also note that Tarbey is friends with Nigelaine Baden-Clay I wonder if that friendship will be ended soon.

You're welcome 86. That is the only reason I can think of for EBC not visiting her son. Well, there is one other reason, she is thoroughly disgusted and horrified at what GBC has allegedly done and has disowned him.

OT.
IMO EBC does not look well at all in the MSM pics I've seen of her. I'm wondering if she's recovering from an illness, hence the very short hair and drawn features.

MOO.

That's what I mentioned in an earlier thread Makara.

THe reason EBC did not visit GBC in my opinion is that he would only be allowed a max of two visitors during any one visiting session. ( If visiting rights are similar to other correctional institutions.)

But note how other Tarbey family members are still GBC's friends. Also note that Tarbey is friends with Nigelaine Baden-Clay I wonder if that friendship will be ended soon.

Hey Mouse, Tarbey won't be getting his money back from GBC so he's probably hoping that Nigelaine will clear their son's debt.

MOO.

THe reason EBC did not visit GBC in my opinion is that he would only be allowed a max of two visitors during any one visiting session. ( If visiting rights are similar to other correctional institutions.)

Another member indicated 3 max. per visit. Also, she could have still visited him in the afternoon session or yesterday?

If there is a limit of two visitors per visiting session I would have thought that OW would step back so that her mother could visit GBC.

For all we know, the midnight call may not have been to NBC...it could have been to EBC. jmo

For all we know, the midnight call may not have been to NBC...it could have been to EBC. jmo

Funny though that the prosecution have tabled it as a call to NBC.. perhaps they know more than we do as to why they specifically say NBC..MOO

globeartichoke said:
iPhone tracking application

Something for QPS investigators: did Allison's iPhone have the "Find my iphone" APP installed? iTunes would have a record of the subscription.

It has been previously mentioned in the media that GBC endeared himself with Allison in their early days by helping her with her computer issues. I also recall reading on this forum that GBC has a preference for (Apple) Mac devices.

If so its a fair bet that he knew of, and possibly installed, the "Find my iPhone" App on Allison's iPhone for the pure reason of security in the event of its accidental loss or theft.

The App works from one login account (e.g. this App is on my iPhone but installed by my partner using his login details - I can use it if I know his login details...which I do ), and in this scenario for Allison, I suggest it would be GBC's login. The App is installed on all Apple devices under the one account so that the whereabouts of any device (connected to wifi or telephone network) can be checked with any of the others. Checking a device brings up a google street map showing location of the device, including if it's in transit.

If the App was on Allison's iPhone and not mentioned during the search process, eyebrows would be raised.

On a more sinister note: such a location-tracking tool could be exploited by a possessive, mistrustful partner. If this were the case, the discovery of this by Allison would be a major catalyst for confrontation. Allison could have thrown or hidden the phone herself - switched on/off, she wouldn't have cared.

All of the above is purely speculative.

I posted the above back in Thread #9, and since GBC allegedly declared the existence of this App in his April 20th SMS to Allison it could become an interesting piece of evidence.

As CaseClosed pointed out, location (GPS) services can be switched off manually which would disable the App on the iPhone. Or the phone itself could be switched off to disable the App.

Another poster also pointed out that a phone, even when switched off, can still be pinged and triangulated from mobile phone towers. It seems this was the case for Allison's phone (though we don't know if it was switched off) which indicates it wasn't destroyed.

My guess is that GBC probably divulged the April 20 SMSes to Allison to police on the morning of the search for her, knowing that the search for it using the App would be fruitless because he had either disabled location services or switched her phone off. It would then be imperative for QPS to find Allison's phone to check WHAT TIME it had been switched off. Usage statistics should record this.

Further, if GBC was in the habit of using the Find My iPhone App to locate Allison, it could weaken a defense argument that her phone might have been wrenched from her hands during an altercation with an attacker/abductor during her walk and tossed into the scrub nearby. In this scenario, one would have to presume the attacker had some clue as to how to turn the phone off, and to stop and take the time to do this.

MOO

If there is a limit of two visitors per visiting session I would have thought that OW would step back so that her mother could visit GBC.

Just wondering if we assume someone of more than one from the BCs had some knowledge or involvement..maybe EBC is innocent and did not have knowledge..maybe she is in shock with the allegations and or cannot face visiting him in prison.. Just a few alternative thoughts.

sorry Makara..notice you said similar on the previous page..

Funny though that the prosecution have tabled it as a call to NBC.. perhaps they know more than we do as to why they specifically say NBC..MOO

Most likely because the call was traced to NBC's phone but that doesn't mean to say that he was the one who answered the call. Having said that, I agree UT, there will be so much more revealed about this call and NBC. :woohoo:

MOO.

Most likely because the call was traced to NBC's phone but that doesn't mean to say that he was the one who answered the call. Having said that, I agree UT, there will be so much more revealed about this call and NBC. :woohoo:

MOO.

Yes I thought that too of the reason they said it was his phone. I guess I assumed though that they had knowledge that he spoke to NBC to state that he called NBC.. I thought they may actually have more knowledge of went down with that call then has been stated at this point.. but just a guess.

Well I hope they know more than we do :) I just find it hard to believe that there is anyone in that family that is in the dark. jmo

It doesn't look there is going to be any midnight media updates. I haven't received any Google alerts. Are there any CM subscribers here at the moment?

Well I hope they know more than we do :) I just find it hard to believe that there is anyone in that family that is in the dark. jmo

Ha ha..yes I hope they do too! or they're up the creek..

Yeah I agree it does seem like at least the parents have some knowledge. I am not sure about anyone else. Not prepared to throw away the key on them..because I guess at this stage we could be wrong on what we think..But it is looking highly suss on at least 1 person and maybe more..
MOO

:eek:fftobed:

Ha ha..yes I hope they do too! or they're up the creek..

Yeah I agree it does seem like at least the parents have some knowledge. I am not sure about anyone else. Not prepared to throw away the key on them..because I guess at this stage we could be wrong on what we think..But it is looking highly suss on at least 1 person and maybe more..
MOO

:eek:fftobed:

I am suss on 3. The other one, who I have never spoke of, I feel is 100% innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member