State v Bradley Cooper 3-18-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. This is why I find his HT story to be credible. I even find the reasoning behind different shoes to be credible. Heck, it's been discussed on here that it couldn't have been overly muddy at the dump site. So I can't imagine him wearing shoes and getting them so muddy that he goes home to change them. That would look even more suspicious. His story about taking his shoes off at the front door and then putting on the different pair at the garage since he went out that door sounds believable. The whole HT situation sounds believable. If not, this guy was incredibly clear headed and devious after just killing his wife. Before I heard the opening statements explaining the different shoes, I had though of a slightly different scenario. He went to HT, came home, took off his shoes...wife says go back, so he slips on something else to make the quick trip back. But for an alibi, 1 trip would have been the more likely alibi story. Not two.

Maybe the second trip was needed because the rigged call on the first trip failed?

Exactly. This is why I find his HT story to be credible. I even find the reasoning behind different shoes to be credible. Heck, it's been discussed on here that it couldn't have been overly muddy at the dump site. So I can't imagine him wearing shoes and getting them so muddy that he goes home to change them. That would look even more suspicious. His story about taking his shoes off at the front door and then putting on the different pair at the garage since he went out that door sounds believable. The whole HT situation sounds believable. If not, this guy was incredibly clear headed and devious after just killing his wife. Before I heard the opening statements explaining the different shoes, I had though of a slightly different scenario. He went to HT, came home, took off his shoes...wife says go back, so he slips on something else to make the quick trip back. But for an alibi, 1 trip would have been the more likely alibi story. Not two.

Hmm interesting observations. I could also argue that he was confused and freaked out about what he had done and started realizing he needed more time in his alibi so he went back to the store.. and on the 1st trip was thinking and thinking and realized well let me come back to the store and stage a phone call so they will track it later and see she was still around.
They weren't getting along, my guess is that if he got back so early in the morning and she said go back to the store he would say " No, screw u, I Just went- I will go later" Was it really that important to get the detergent at that exact moment? hmmmmmm..

Maybe the second trip was needed because the rigged call on the first trip failed?

But I thought he wouldn't have had enough time in between HT visits to go home...Unless he rigged the call from his cell phone?

My thought was more along the lines of he didn't think of doing the phone call on the first trip. I really don't think he had been planning this so I don't think he had all these details in place. The trip to the store to get milk was going to be the "alibi". The idea for the call came up on the first trip so he made a second trip. I guess we'll see if the prosecution can prove any of this with the remainder of their witnesses. I think we still have a long way to go.

Hmm interesting observations. I could also argue that he was confused and freaked out about what he had done and started realizing he needed more time in his alibi so he went back to the store.. and on the 1st trip was thinking and thinking and realized well let me come back to the store and stage a phone call so they will track it later and see she was still around.
They weren't getting along, my guess is that if he got back so early in the morning and she said go back to the store he would say " No, screw u, I Just went- I will go later" Was it really that important to get the detergent at that exact moment? hmmmmmm..

Or maybe he was trying to keep the peace or even do things to try and win her back over. Again, I've shared my divorce story where I went through those cycles.

My thought was more along the lines of he didn't think of doing the phone call on the first trip. I really don't think he had been planning this so I don't think he had all these details in place. The trip to the store to get milk was going to be the "alibi". The idea for the call came up on the first trip so he made a second trip. I guess we'll see if the prosecution can prove any of this with the remainder of their witnesses. I think we still have a long way to go.

Very little time between trips for this.

I think this is what happened.. it makes the most sense if he is guilty.. He thought of it after he took the 1st trip, came home, made sure the girls were still asleep and set the call up and left again.. he was a the store the 1st time at 620 and second time at 640... right? That is a nice little gap to get these things done and even drop her body off.. gosh he is lucky those girls didnt wake up and walk next door to the Duncans and ask where everyone was!

I think this is what happened.. it makes the most sense if he is guilty.. He thought of it after he took the 1st trip, came home, made sure the girls were still asleep and set the call up and left again.. he was a the store the 1st time at 620 and second time at 640... right? That is a nice little gap to get these things done and even drop her body off.. gosh he is lucky those girls didnt wake up and walk next door to the Duncans and ask where everyone was!

I agree. I think he was developing his alibi as he went. First to get rid of the body and went to the store in case anyone saw him out in the car.... he could say that he went to the store. I think then he came up with the idea of the call to make it look like NC was still alive and went back to the store. Maybe we will hear more about these trips through the prosecutor.

I think the only part of the alibi that is meaningful IS the phone call.

I believe it was 17 minutes from the time he walked out the first time and when he walked back in the second time. The store is 2 miles from their house. I'm just throwing out ideas right now. The phone record evidence will make things clearer.

I guess I could listen to the prosecutors opening statement but perhaps others will remember if there were 3 calls made to his cell phone that morning. We know one is from the landline in order to locate his phone and we know another was made on his trip to HT. Any indication on what the 3rd call was?

I am interested in knowing exactly what time he called his cell phone presumably to locate it and if there are any other calls.

I believe it was 17 minutes from the time he walked out the first time and when he walked back in the second time. The store is 2 miles from their house. I'm just throwing out ideas right now. The phone record evidence will make things clearer.

I understand. I am not sure there is anywhere we can find the exact HT times, I am looking online now and can't find them, or I am too tired or something.

I can picture him going to get the milk after dropping off her body then going home and meanwhile thinking what else can I do to prove she is alive right now and hasnt left for jogging and that was the only thing his work brain could think of is that phone call to himself so he ran home ...

On another note, mid July in North Carolina who wears jeans and a long sleeve, I think that is bizarre too. It's still 80 degrees at 7am..

I understand. I am not sure there is anywhere we can find the exact HT times, I am looking online now and can't find them, or I am too tired or something.

I can picture him going to get the milk after dropping off her body then going home and meanwhile thinking what else can I do to prove she is alive right now and hasnt left for jogging and that was the only thing his work brain could think of is that phone call to himself so he ran home ...

On another note, mid July in North Carolina who wears jeans and a long sleeve, I think that is bizarre too. It's still 80 degrees at 7am..

The time of the Harris Teeter visits is on the videos from the store. It shows the time he entered and exited the store on both visits.

BC himself was perplexed the camera used at the "crime scene". The photos are lousy.

The time of the Harris Teeter visits is on the videos from the store. It shows the time he entered and exited the store on both visits.

ok I cant see them when I play the videos, the numbers are too small and blurry.

I moved to eastern NC in 2006 and have met LOADS of locals who speak like him. Around Fayetteville, there are more military than locals and they are "not frum araynd ear".

BC himself was perplexed the camera used at the "crime scene". The photos are lousy.

Reckon why he would question the cops about the quality of their interior home photos when his wife was simply missing from the home?

They were trapped in the room with the tv, remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong