State v Bradley Cooper 3-18-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUNSHINE05, to answer your question if Jessica Adam lived w/in walking distance of the Coopers: Jessica Adam lived in another development, not in the same one. I doubt she'd walk over there!

It was in the defense opening statements. They said their were 3 calls to his cell. The first was him calling from his home phone to locate it. The other 2 were NC calling him.

Oh ok, thanks.. I only could watch part 1 and part 3 of the defense opening statements.. part 2 would not play for me :( I also have to admit I spaced out a little, it was kind of boring and long 2 hours I heard.

It was in the defense opening statements. They said their were 3 calls to his cell. The first was him calling from his home phone to locate it. The other 2 were NC calling him.

I thought I heard the first call to his cell was to test it :D

The exact time of those 3 calls will make things much clearer. I know that we know what time the "call for juice" came in.

Ht is only 2 miles away and the dump site was 3 miles away the other direction is Holly Springs, so he could have done it, especially if he knew exactly how to set up that phone call and swing by the house real quick. The other way could be that he dumped her body off before ALL the trips to Harris Teeter. Like dropped it off at 6am, then went to HT because he thought well I better go somewhere so if anyone see's me out they will know why.

If you go back to Brad's depositions - he described his routes, yes he took two different ones by his own admission, to HT while Alice Stubbs had him to draw them on a map. His first trip was a right on Lochmere Drive, that he says he took to Kildaire and up to HT.

Now if you look at a map - see Lily Atkins - guess where that comes out at ? Holly Springs and just north of that is Fielding Drive off of Holly Springs. South of the house and only slightly north of the dump site. He could have taken this route to dump the body and come back and proceed west on Lochmere Drive as planned before buying milk.

His second trip he claims was a left on Lochmere to Cary Parkway to Tryon to HT. North of the house area and the dump site. At Tryon and Kildaire intersection is where he said he got a call from Nancy, as he was waiting for the light.

So, his first trip, he sure is in the general area of the dump site. The only problem I have with all of this, is if he did murder Nancy close to 1 am, by 6 am her body might have been getting quite stiff from rigor.

If you go back to Brad's depositions - he described his routes, yes he took two different ones by his own admission, to HT while Alice Stubbs had him to draw them on a map. His first trip was a right on Lochmere Drive, that he says he took to Kildaire and up to HT.

Now if you look at a map - see Lily Atkins - guess where that comes out at ? Holly Springs and just north of that is Fielding Drive off of Holly Springs. South of the house and only slightly north of the dump site. He could have taken this route to dump the body and come back and proceed west on Lochmere Drive as planned before buying milk.

His second trip he claims was a right on Lochmere to Cary Parkway to Tryon to HT. North of the house area and the dump site. At Tryon and Kildaire intersection is where he said he got a call from Nancy, as he was waiting for the light.

So, his first trip, he sure is in the general area of the dump site. The only problem I have with all of this, is if he did murder Nancy close to 1 am, by 6 am her body might have been getting quite stiff from rigor.

Maybe he put her in the trunk and then came back in side for a while to think about what the Hell he was going to do with her.. That way he only had to lift her out when he got to the dump site and just drag her. He looks like a pretty strong guy.

If the state had the phone evidence, don't you think they would have played that card today? Send the jury home for the weekend with the evidence showing BC manipulated the phone (or fax) to call his cell phone. Or at least give scenarios of exactly how he could have done it, even though the systems don't have a history to track - or something like that.

Regarding the timeline, to me 1:00 has to work for a slam-dunk guilty verdict. Makes sense - NC got home, fight ensued, things got out of hand, etc. I even wonder if BC didn't mean to do it. Things escalated, she was injured, and then he knew he was up a creek. She would certainly have him prosecuted for DV and then he'd really have a problem with the divorce, etc. As a result, in a moment's thought, he decided to kill her.

Now, the above certainly could have happened at 4. Kid wakes up, both parents wake up, nasty comments are exchanged, and then it goes down hill like the 1:00 scenario above.

I agree totally. Crime of passion. He was reading e-mails and reflecting on all he went through with NC over the closet incident with HM. Then found NC was doing same behind his back...

Been my theory all along.

Too bad Nancy didn't have a video cameras installed in the house after she found out Brad was cheating on her. Then maybe we'd have answers to all of our questions. As it is, we may never know.

I agree.

Also, back in Jul 08 I looked at a google earth shot of the house and did a 360. I recall a bench in the trees across from the front of the house. Oh that someone just had to get out one night and sit on that bench and heard/saw the whole thing.

Okay - tell me this - why would Ironman Brad dump the body right next to the road, where it would obviously be discover in a couple of days, lessening the chance of cause of death being harder to determine. He could have taken 30 seconds more and humped it into the woods where it could have remained for months undiscovered. Methinks a person of smaller statue dumped the body - barely got it out of the vehicle, dragged it a few feet and that was it. The ditch is not steep at all. The drainage basin is something developer put in when the roads cut - maybe 15' off the pavement.

#2: If he choked her with his arm, it would have been gouged by a fit woman fighting for her life.

#3: No way to make all those stops without speeding in 20 mins. I live near there. And it takes me 20 minutes to find what I want in the big ole HT store. He must have gone there often, or Nancy told him what isle to go to.

Now I remember why Jessica Adam was likely right about the All detergent - from the custody issues it came out that Nancy and Brad had to get rid of their dog as Bella had allergies. Part of the custody rules for the Listers - no dogs.

Okay - tell me this - why would Ironman Brad dump the body right next to the road, where it would obviously be discover in a couple of days, lessening the chance of cause of death being harder to determine. He could have taken 30 seconds more and humped it into the woods where it could have remained for months undiscovered. Methinks a person of smaller statue dumped the body - barely got it out of the vehicle, dragged it a few feet and that was it. The ditch is not steep at all. The drainage basin is something developer put in when the roads cut - maybe 15' off the pavement.

#2: If he choked her with his arm, it would have been gouged by a fit woman fighting for her life.

#3: No way to make all those stops without speeding in 20 mins. I live near there. And it takes me 20 minutes to find what I want in the big ole HT store. He must have gone there often, or Nancy told him what isle to go to.

He may have put the car in the trunk and then by the time he figured out where he was going to dump it, rigormortis set in, and she was stiff and heavy and he just could not take her too far off the road.

On his first trip he walked into the store at 6:22 and walked out at 6:25. The second trip he walked in at 6:42 and walked out just short of 6:45.

Now this makes a LOT more sense than all the VoIP hoodoo-voodoo that is floating around. This would be easy, VoIP spoof REALLY hard and REALLY easily traceable.

Yes, but is a fax machine going to stay off the hook for 30+ seconds? Or is it going to hang up if doesn't find a carrier in 10 seconds or so?

I understand. I am not sure there is anywhere we can find the exact HT times, I am looking online now and can't find them, or I am too tired or something.

I can picture him going to get the milk after dropping off her body then going home and meanwhile thinking what else can I do to prove she is alive right now and hasnt left for jogging and that was the only thing his work brain could think of is that phone call to himself so he ran home ...

On another note, mid July in North Carolina who wears jeans and a long sleeve, I think that is bizarre too. It's still 80 degrees at 7am..

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather-history/27518/2008/07/12/

It was 68 degrees...bit chilly compared to how hot it is during the day.

Now I remember why Jessica Adam was likely right about the All detergent - from the custody issues it came out that Nancy and Brad had to get rid of their dog as Bella had allergies. Part of the custody rules for the Listers - no dogs.

Yes! Also, please remember in Kurtz's oh-so-touching opening statements he says that NC, BC and their girls would hang out at JJ with CC and her dog after runs. According to CC, this happened ONCE! One time, Jack!

So he must have gone there often - meaning he was an engaged dad, didn't mind running errands to the store, doing laundry.

Almost any fax machine can be hooked up to a POTS line and make a delayed call. So too can most computer modems.... So while his vtech PHONE may not have had that capability (and really - why would a phone have that capability? you use that for talking and that requires 2 people...) certainly other devices that use a standard PHONE line do have that functionality.

While I would never admit to this to certain people... we used to set up the office fax machine to dial annoying people in the middle of the night. Knowing it would try three times separated by about 10 minutes... :D Just long enough for them to go back to sleep...

*respectfully snipped*

Could it be something as simple as BC setting the V-Tech landline phone to 'forward' any calls coming in? All he would have to do is call his home phone and the call would automatically be forwarded to his cell if that was the number he set the 'call forwarding' to. The call would come through because most all cell phones do have the call waiting feature. The call would come through to his cell on the other line.

IOW, he could be calling his home phone number from his cell with his home phone set to call forwarding to his cell number. The incoming call from the landline would come in on cell via call waiting.

****I give up! LOL, it is too late for me to convey my thoughts tonight! I am beginning to sound like the ADA I criticized for the very same thing today!

:eek:fftobed:

Yes, but is a fax machine going to stay off the hook for 30+ seconds? Or is it going to hang up if doesn't find a carrier in 10 seconds or so?

Maybe as a telecommunications expert (with a little practice), one could make that characteristic fax sound with their mouth... at least enough to trick a fax machine on the other end into thinking it has carrier... and stay off hook for a few seconds longer... ;)

On his first trip he walked into the store at 6:22 and walked out at 6:25. The second trip he walked in at 6:42 and walked out just short of 6:45.

Exactly - he knows his way around the store, meaning he'd been there on several occasions before, meaning he did what he could to help out around the home.

*respectfully snipped*

Could it be something as simple as BC setting the V-Tech landline phone to 'forward' any calls coming in? All he would have to do is call his home phone and the call would automatically be forwarded to his cell if that was the number he set the 'call forwarding' to. The call would come through because most all cell phones do have the call waiting feature. The call would come through to his cell on the other line.

It's a good thought - but pretty sure the telco's (and/or cell provider's) CDR records would have all that info (first cell phone call to home phone... fact that home phone was forwarded, fact that cell phone was talking to landline already when land line called back, etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer