Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is not a connection between the two cases, Myrtle Beach police Capt. David Knipes said. Investigators who are working on Drexel's case had been involved in the recent attempted kidnapping case.

"I'm not really shocked because I wasn't thinking he had anything to do with Brittanee's case," said Brittanee's mother, Dawn Drexel, about the charges being dropped against Taylor.

Dawn Drexel said Wednesday that everyone thought it was more of a coincidence that the recent attempted Kidnapping occurred in the same area where Brittanee was last seen.

"I hope they find the person that tried to abduct [the woman] because it could possibly link to where Brittanee is and any other girls in South Carolina who are missing," Dawn Drexel said.

Read more: http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/11/03/1791719/charges-dropped-against-man-in.html#ixzz14GllBdpL

I'm sorry this news really bothers me; it seems to contradict last weeks news story saying he is a suspect in Britt's disappearance

Hi everyone, I just dropped in to check on any action. Very frustrating, I know.:banghead:

There is not a connection between the two cases, Myrtle Beach police Capt. David Knipes said. Investigators who are working on Drexel's case had been involved in the recent attempted kidnapping case.

"I'm not really shocked because I wasn't thinking he had anything to do with Brittanee's case," said Brittanee's mother, Dawn Drexel, about the charges being dropped against Taylor.

Dawn Drexel said Wednesday that everyone thought it was more of a coincidence that the recent attempted Kidnapping occurred in the same area where Brittanee was last seen.

"I hope they find the person that tried to abduct [the woman] because it could possibly link to where Brittanee is and any other girls in South Carolina who are missing," Dawn Drexel said.

Read more: http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/11/03/1791719/charges-dropped-against-man-in.html#ixzz14GllBdpL
Hello. Maybe I am missing something but how do they come to the conclusion that there is no connection between the two cases?

Hello. Maybe I am missing something but how do they come to the conclusion that there is no connection between the two cases?

Because thats what all newspapers came out with today.and in them it stated that seem PI was working the RM case thats working on Britts case,they found no ties ,or clues that ST was in BD missing,,guess you have read those links we posted earlier,,,,

I thought I would bring this over I snipped the part I think that is important

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 8:21 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 28, 2010 6:30 PM ED

Taylor is facing attempted kidnapping charges and is out on bond. Investigators say they've compared this case and the Drexel case closely - to see if there are any similarities.[/B]

For the first time, investigators are revealing that Taylor is also a person of interest in the Drexel disappearance.
Captain Vella says even though Taylor is a person of interest in the case, it doesn't mean the cases are directly related.

"We have no idea what happened to Brittanee so we can't connect that to say that's how it happened to say that somebody, you know, jumped out of a van and grabbed her, we don't have anything that says that, in this case we know what happened," Captain Vella explained.

Because thats what all newspapers came out with today.and in them it stated that seem PI was working the RM case thats working on Britts case,they found no ties ,or clues that ST was in BD missing,,guess you have read those links we posted earlier,,,,
Sorry, maybe I misread. I thought they meant the 2 abduction cases are not related. I didn't understand how they came to that conclusion just based on the fact that ST is not involved apparently.

Ok, so the charges have been dropped against ST.. He was seen on surveillance camera 100 miles away (Mt. Pleasant, SC)

So he obviously had nothing to do with RM's *alleged* attempted kidnapping.

I hate questioning the legitimacy of a victim's claims - but this one just seems so suspicous, especially in light of the recent news. I would like to know how confident she acted when she picked ST from the photo lineup... Especially since that was the only evidence they had...

Also, I am curious who found the surveillance video... Was it LE, or may it have been ST's attorney??

ST obviously is not a "model citizen" but his rap sheet is mostly petty stuff..

I feel sorry for the guy now.. He just lost 3 mos. of his life :( Now the question is - Is ST still a suspect in Brittanee's disappearance!?

Ok - another issue - DD's statement: "I'm not really shocked because I wasn't thinking he had anything to do with Brittanee's case," said Brittanee's mother, Dawn Drexel, about the charges being dropped against Taylor.

DD has always suspected that "human trafficking" had something to do with BD's disappearance.

They announced a LONG TIME ago (December 2009) They had 3-4 POIs and they were all from the area where Brittanee's cell phone last pinged.. right?!

Something to think about...

Morning all and Brittanee!

Sooooo is ST still a suspect in Brittanee's case? I know the article said the two cases are not connected but it never said that he is no longer a suspect/POI in Brittanee's case. I am so confused!

I feel like I am on a never ending roller coaster ride! MOO

wm

Thanks for getting this news up here guys! I had to be away from the computer for the majority of the day yesterday. It'll be the same today too, but I'll be here tonight to check in for more updates. Did I read in one of the articles that they expect to have more news on Thursday (today)? Hope so! Maybe we can look for more clarification on some of these claims. Meanwhile, here's a great link that shows up-to-date links for news stories. I've found it to be better than Google News in more cases -- even though sometimes they miss a story here and there. Anyway, here's the link:

http://interceder.net/news/brittanee-drexel

I'll be thinking about you all & Brittanee today :)

Brittanee please shine a light your way so that you are brought home to rest in peace. Prayers for you daily!

Just an article posted about two hours ago.

Dawn Drexel: Brittanee returns home in a dream
Posted at: 11/04/2010 1:13 PM | Updated at: 11/04/2010 3:14 PM
By: Berkeley Brean | WHEC.com

The mother of Brittanee Drexel said she did something she hasn't done since her daughter went missing a year and a half ago. She had a dream.

The dream: "I need to see a counselor"

The dream was that Brittanee came home.

Read more at the link.
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/s1823307.shtml?cat=565

I consider this good news:
"I was surprised to hear they dropped the charges on him," Drexel said. She did say police still consider Taylor a person of interest and have three other persons of interest. Police and Drexel believe there are several people who have something to do with Brittanee's disappearance.

That is from the link I just posted.

I consider this good news:

That is from the link I just posted.

Ok now doesn't this completely contradict DD's quote yesterday that she never believed ST had anything to do with Brittannee's disappearance. ARGGGGHHH who to believe....

Ok now doesn't this completely contradict DD's quote yesterday that she never believed ST had anything to do with Brittannee's disappearance. ARGGGGHHH who to believe....

I agree with you i found it soooo mixed up :-(, in all SC newspapers it states it didnt suprize her ,but in link that was posted earlier says she was shocked,,i truly feel reporters should proof read there stories,,,im not sure who or what to belive,to me we right back to square one:-(

Good morning all and Brittanee,

The article about DD's dream made me sad. I have also had dreams about Brittanee and have never met her. I feel so bad for what the Drexel family continues to go through every day without their dear Brittanee.

I have decided to continue considering ST (and minions) a POI until LE states differently in a presser. MOO

wm

I sincerely hope that DD gets her wish, and that Brit comes home. I believe in my heart that she does need to 'talk to somebody' and is trying to reach out to someone and let them know whats going on. I'd love to believe that Brit is still on this earth in human form. What a lovely young woman, and how sad that there is no sort of closure for her family.
I wish, if the T folks were involved, that LE could tie the case together and do something!

On a positive note, the teen I had worked with has returned...though she's now keeping company with a much older man. :(

Sometimes I wish I could do more to help these young people understand their worth isn't based on a man. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam