AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the alley ways for.? Its not something I see in Maine. To me it looks like space that could be taken up.

ETA: Photos are from 2008 so everything could be different in 2012.

I am looking at "google street" maps and just realized that the garbage cans are all lined up in that alley-way for garbage pick-up. Although, the garbage cans are only on one-side, the Celis' side.

The neighbors across from the Celis' have a main street in front of their home, so I am thinking they put their garbage cans out in front.

Odd for sure ...

The waste management trucks go through my neighborhood about 6:30 a.m. It gets so hot here during the day, that they are beginning earlier and earlier to beat the heat. I'm guessing that the mens voices she heard were the voices of the garbage men.

In that case, she would have heard the sound of the garbage truck ? MOO

Im sort of thinking this too but...IF mom worked 7a-7p @ 6:30 I would have been gone. I live 13 miles from the hospital but usually I would leave well in advance. If the 6:30 timeframe was found to be the point of abduction I would say mom just left. I wonder too with a 11-14 yr old does mom go to work and dad do things on Saturdays leaving Isa with the boys to watch for a few hrs? Did they think that dad would be gone? You know if he had preformances late on Fridays alot he could be a late sat. sleeper ...so many what ifs..

What "performances " are you writing about ? Isn't Isa's dad a dental hygenist ? TIA

What are the alley ways for.? Its not something I see in Maine. To me it looks like space that could be taken up.

The alley ways are mostly for utility companies to have access to phone lines, power lines etc, also in many cases the garbage cans are back there and that is where the garbage is picked up, the city of Tucson picks the garbage up in the city limits, usually in the alley but not always some people have front of house pick up but mine is in the alley and WASTE MANAGEMENT picks up my recyclables in the front of the house.

Isabel's mom posted a prayer on her Facebook about an hour ago, and begged people to not give up searching for Isa.

This case is heartbreaking. :(

LOL!! mine too! you don't by chance have boston terriers do you? :floorlaugh: mine do that exact same thing. The only way I know the difference is they get raised hair along their spine if it is a threat.

I have a 74 lb Golden Retriever.. Her bark I suspect is far worse than her bite but she does let me know IF someone is around.. Someone told me once her bark would be convincing IF she weren't smiling while she was barking.
.Right now I also have my two granddogs staying with me while my daughter and her husband are in Hawaii for a friend's wedding. One is a Boston Terrier, who doesn't do much of anything but try to lick you to death and will go anywhere with anyone. Fed X showed up one day to deliver a package and she jumped in the truck and was ready to go with him... The other, a papillion -long haired Chihuahua mix does not like strangers and will bite anyone IF he chooses to do so .....Out of the three the papaillion-chihuahua is the most ferocious and he is the smallest.. When one barks though they all start barking... I do know when someone is around..JMHO

According to the Find Isabel Celis FB page, there will be another billboard put up on I-10 and Orange Grove Road (in Tucson) in the next few days. There is already one in Phoenix. I hope this helps generate some new leads.

156513_348176445242239_345610878832129_1004057_469919101_n.jpg

I grew up in Detroit where there were alleys separating fenced-in backyards on adjacent streets. Trash receptacles were kept outside of the fences, and garbage trucks used the alleys instead of city streets for collection. In the 'burbs, you don't see alleys and very rare to see fenced-in backyards in most subdivisions. Trash/recycling/compost are placed at the foot of driveways on the day of collection.

there are lots of "alley" neighborhoods where i live, many people prefer them becaue it means there is no neighbor directly behind you...kids use these places to play without traffic. in our real estate listings you will always see 'alley access' mentioned...some people really like it, gives you back door access to your yard.

Witness accounts are often unreliable under the best of circumstances, when the crime is committed in broad daylight, the witness has time to study the suspect, and they are wide awake and focused.

I'm not sure that I can put too much stock in the statement of a witness that was awakened very shortly before hearing "dogs and voices" and never laid eyes on anyone that might have been causing those sounds.

I'm not saying that she's lying, she would have no reason to, I'm just saying that while a witness can be the best thing for a case, a witness can also be the worst thing for a case.

Exactly. There was an eyewitness in Keegan Schuchart's case in broad daylight who had the race of the defendant wrong.

Exactly. There was an eyewitness in Keegan Schuchart's case in broad daylight who had the race of the defendant wrong.

I'm always a bit skeptical when "witnesses" contact the media to tell them about something they saw or heard in a high-profile case and then end up on the evening news. :moo:

As an opera buff I find that to be very endearing...MOO

DH and I have season tickets to Michigan Opera Theatre and have been acquainted with members of the chorus. We look forward to "I Pagliacci" next month and have already renewed our season for next fall/spring.

I'm thinking that the media is going door to door asking people if they heard anything and they just happened to catch the Celis' neighbor and asked her is she heard anything. Perhaps the media saw he walking her dogs.

We all know how "zealous" the media is to capture a story.

How on earth did someone get up the stuccoed house, 6 foot high window without standing on something, if they aren't "Spider Man?"

Did anyone notice the tiny two windows on the side of the house? Are they the bedroom windows for Isabel's room?

The waste management trucks go through my neighborhood about 6:30 a.m. It gets so hot here during the day, that they are beginning earlier and earlier to beat the heat. I'm guessing that the mens voices she heard were the voices of the garbage men.
But do Waste Management men come on Saturday? Not in our area.
They only come during the week. FWIW

I am loathe to admit this, but I have reclaimed my rather uncomfortable seat on the fence after playing and replaying the parents' PC yesterday.

I had a very strong 'gut' feeling that Isa's parents were in no way involved but I just got a strange vibe watching that video over and over. I still can't say what it is, but I seriously shook my belief in their non-involvement.

I hope I am so, so wrong. And anyway, it's just MOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member