GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #3

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
gianni_belvedere_new_1391810504356_2420556_ver1.0_320_240.jpg
RiNRpf1.jpg
BELVEDERE3_1390346399742_2099729_ver1.0_320_240.jpg

Gianni Belvedere

San Diego man found in trunk of car died of gunshot to head
Los Angeles Times
By Tony Perry
February 7, 2014, 4:02 p.m.

SAN DIEGO - A man whose body was found in the trunk of his car parked in a Riverside shopping mall died from a gunshot to the head, police said Friday.

The body of Gianni Belvedere, 24, was found Jan. 17, three weeks after his fiance, Ilona Flint, 22, and his brother Salvatore, also 22, were shot to death in a car in San Diego. Gianni Belvedere was listed as a missing person after the deaths of his fiance and brother.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-gunshot-head-20140207,0,1254413.story#ixzz2t4R0BRsj
Law enforcement officials say Gianni Belvedere died of gunshot wound to head
Posted: 02/07/2014
10 News

SAN DIEGO - A Tierrasanta man found dead outside a fast-food restaurant near March Air Force Base last month died of gunshot wounds to the head -- the same cause of death that had befallen his younger brother and fiancee at a Mission Valley shopping center three weeks earlier, police reported Friday.

The killing of Gianni Belvedere, 24, came to light Jan. 17, when authorities were alerted to a foul odor emanating from a green 2004 Toyota Camry parked in the 19500 block of Van Buren Boulevard in Riverside. His body was in the trunk of the vehicle.
PD: Gianni Belvedere Suffered Fatal Shot to Head
By Monica Garske
Friday, Feb 7, 2014 - Updated 2:01 PM PST

On Jan. 24, SDPD Lt. Mike Hastings revealed some new details on the case, including more information about a possible suspect.

Lt. Hastings said a man wearing a black hoodie with white bands in the biceps area of the sweatshirt, tan pants and white tennis shoes is believed to have been at the Mission Valley mall on Dec. 23, 2013, at around 11:15 p.m. -- about two hours before the shooting of Flint and Salvatore. Investigators believe that same man returned to the mall at 12:15 a.m. on Christmas Eve, about an hour before the shooting. Police described the suspect as an unknown race, standing 5-foot-10 to 6-foot.

The unsolved triple-homicide remains under investigation. Anyone with information on the case should contact the SDPD’s Homicide Unit at (619) 531-2293 or San Diego Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477.
Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...tal-Shot-to-Head-244371661.html#ixzz2t4S2BS7r
Scanner Thread

Thread #1
Thread #2

Bessie, can you please check the link you left at the end of thread #2? It didn't work when I clicked, I had to find this *manually*. Oh, the horror!
Anyway... I'm here.

Bessie, can you please check the link you left at the end of thread #2? It didn't work when I clicked, I had to find this *manually*. Oh, the horror!
Anyway... I'm here.
:yow:

It should work now. ;)

:tyou:

There are multiple indications that CM may not have been the brightest "Assassin":

1) Did not dispose of the murder weapon (including the silencer)
2) did not dispose of the clothes he was wearing
3) did not dispose of the the disposible phone
4) driving around with an un-registered AR-15, in a easily recognizable rifle case, just lying on the back seat of his car in plain view
5) keeping a link to the imdb list of assassin movies on his computer
6) Gloves were found but were not used, at least when he was fueling the car and duck taping the fabreeze can

I am sure that there is more, those are just what comes to mind right now.

7) Entered R.I.P. onto his phone calendar, on the date of the murder
8) His password for syncing his electronics was 'assassin'
There are multiple indications that CM may not have been the brightest "Assassin":

1) Did not dispose of the murder weapon (including the silencer)
2) did not dispose of the clothes he was wearing
3) did not dispose of the the disposible phone
4) driving around with an un-registered AR-15, in a easily recognizable rifle case, just lying on the back seat of his car in plain view
5) keeping a link to the imdb list of assassin movies on his computer
6) Gloves were found but were not used, at least when he was fueling the car and duck taping the fabreeze can

I am sure that there is more, those are just what comes to mind right now.

:hilarious:

Last edited by mrsobrien; Today at 12:50 AM.
Reason: I've been drinking. :-O

Again, I think it's very naive to think the family didn't know there was a drug problem. Remember, Sal was away for a while in rehab so family members had to know about his issue. Maybe Gianni and Ilona hid their problem but I think some friends and/or family must have had some idea. Especially since they had such an expensive habit.

My brother was addicted to opiates (oxycontin - which is like heroin in a pill) and you can tell the difference in his personality/behavior. I guess some people could turn a blind eye to it but if its a serious drug habit, people are going to know something is "off". And yes, it's most noticeable when the addict is coming down from the drugs and needs more. Also, benzos such as Xanax are also usually abused by opiate addicts.

It absolutely goes without saying that Sal, Gianni, and Ilona absolutely did NOT deserve what happened to them, just because they used drugs. But I think when you are using drugs and need to buy them, you end up finding yourself surrounded by and interacting with some pretty sick, desperate, and evil people. So in my opinion, just because the family is wholesome and nice and wonderful, doesn't mean they can't have family members afflicted with the disease of addiction who end up interacting with bad, dangerous drug people. I really think that is the connection to all of this. Not some crazed, random stalker.

MrsObrien, I would have expected that from the SDHELPS and TheBestInTheWest but not YOU! LOL

I just can't get past the money angle of this case. The money for that extensive arsenal of guns, computers, laptop, the new vehicle purchase and travel etc. All on pay from Target.

From what the witnesses who locked up the shoe store that night stated, Mercado asked Ilona for directions to the wing place but apparently Ilona did not recognize him. So apparently he was not "stalking" her or she had not seen him before. Also according to the same witnesses he followed her to the car. Then he went to the driver's side to shoot so I don't believe Ilona alone was the target. Three killings, two separate vehicles. Someone wanted them dead, IMO. Why was Gianni on the phone with a relative that late at night, and it would be his last phone call?

SAN DIEGO — "A Utah man whose nephew is being sought as a missing person by San Diego police homicide detectives told a television station that the 24-year-old had planned to go out for last-minute Christmas shopping the night of Dec. 23 at Westfield Mission Valley mall."

"Otto Belvedere of Provo, Utah, told KUTV-2 of Salt Lake City that all three had planned to meet to shop. He said police believe all three were at the mall, a statement that investigators have not confirmed."“He was there. They know he was there,” Belvedere said of his missing nephew. “They have an idea that he saw everything and he was there.”

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/jan/01/gianni-belvedere-missing-mission-valley-utah/

JMO

MrsObrien, I would have expected that from the SDHELPS and TheBestInTheWest but not YOU! LOL

I just can't get past the money angle of this case. The money for that extensive arsenal of guns, computers, laptop, the new vehicle purchase and travel etc. All on pay from Target.

From what the witnesses who locked up the shoe store that night stated, Mercado asked Ilona for directions to the wing place but apparently Ilona did not recognize him. So apparently he was not "stalking" her or she had not seen him before. Also according to the same witnesses he followed her to the car. Then he went to the driver's side to shoot so I don't believe Ilona alone was the target. Three killings, two separate vehicles. Someone wanted them dead, IMO. Why was Gianni on the phone with a relative that late at night, and it would be his last phone call?

JMO

Very good points jggordo! I too am curious about that last phone call Gianni had with his uncle so late at night. I just feel this sounds like a set up. Not by the uncle but just that this whole elaborate event had to be planned out and for a reason. Not a random act. And I think if CM was fascinated with being an assassin, it sounds like this Target worker by day would jump at the chance to be a hired gun at night. Money being the incentive.

Again, I think it's very naive to think the family didn't know there was a drug problem. Remember, Sal was away for a while in rehab so family members had to know about his issue. Maybe Gianni and Ilona hid their problem but I think some friends and/or family must have had some idea. Especially since they had such an expensive habit.

My brother was addicted to opiates (oxycontin - which is like heroin in a pill) and you can tell the difference in his personality/behavior. I guess some people could turn a blind eye to it but if its a serious drug habit, people are going to know something is "off". And yes, it's most noticeable when the addict is coming down from the drugs and needs more. Also, benzos such as Xanax are also usually abused by opiate addicts.

It absolutely goes without saying that Sal, Gianni, and Ilona absolutely did NOT deserve what happened to them, just because they used drugs. But I think when you are using drugs and need to buy them, you end up finding yourself surrounded by and interacting with some pretty sick, desperate, and evil people. So in my opinion, just because the family is wholesome and nice and wonderful, doesn't mean they can't have family members afflicted with the disease of addiction who end up interacting with bad, dangerous drug people. I really think that is the connection to all of this. Not some crazed, random stalker.

This whole post is really well put, IMO. Thank you!

Without knowing these people at all I must say I think drugs were probably involved. I also think the family may have been thinking along the lines of "WTH they have been acting so weird lately!" without necessarily thinking drugs. I wouldn't doubt at all the addiction(s) were hidden. I bet in hindsight they're thinking "ohh now I understand why ____ was acting weird (or) ____ happened." I also agree that none of them deserved what happened at all, drugs or not.

It still seems so personal to wipe out so many people in the family on Christmas Eve though. Doesn't seem random to me.

I am not drinking, but I may not make sense in my late night thoughts.

Is there a difference between an assassin and a hit man? This guy worked for target for eight years, and yet, CM supposedly thinks of himself as an assassin. I'm trying to grasp what it means to have an assassin mentality.

I guess a hit man is an individual contractor that works for money, and may be connected to an organization or a gang. A hit man is usually a hired killer, or a professional killer.

An assassin is often seen as one who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person. Some say an assassin kills more for a cause and may follow some creed or ideology.

Was the motive just some random way of CM becoming the killer he dreamed of becoming?

...............:eek:fftobed:........................................:countsheep:

I am not drinking, but I may not make sense in my late night thoughts.

Is there a difference between an assassin and a hit man? This guy worked for target for eight years, and yet, CM supposedly thinks of himself as an assassin. I'm trying to grasp what it means to have an assassin mentality.

I guess a hit man is an individual contractor that works for money, and may be connected to an organization or a gang. A hit man is usually a hired killer, or a professional killer.

An assassin is often seen as one who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person. Some say an assassin kills more for a cause and may follow some creed or ideology.

Was the motive just some random way of CM becoming the killer he dreamed of becoming?

...............:eek:fftobed:........................................:countsheep:

I think the common denominator between a hit man and assassin is that they kill for money. In my opinion, I think cash was the reason CM did this. My guess is that he was hired by someone.

Also I wonder what precipitated Sal to go into rehab. Did he get busted for possession? I'm sure he did not just wake up one day and say "I'm going to rehab". Also a three month long rehab is a LONG rehab. Usually 1-2 months is the length. If he did get caught with possession and rehab was the plea, did he turn in the dealer? Three months of out of state rehab is not cheap at all, IMO.

Back when Sal was using, to have a small family restaurant support three drug habits plus the family is stretching it way thin. As an accountant I have seen mega night clubs and restaurants lose it all from the owners drug use, etc. A 10% bottom line is good if all goes well usually but if that and more is taken from the top...it won't end well.

JMO's

Also I wonder what precipitated Sal to go into rehab. Did he get busted for possession? I'm sure he did not just wake up one day and say "I'm going to rehab". Also a three month long rehab is a LONG rehab. Usually 1-2 months is the length. If he did get caught with possession and rehab was the plea, did he turn in the dealer? Three months of out of state rehab is not cheap at all, IMO.

Back when Sal was using, to have a small family restaurant support three drug habits plus the family is stretching it way thin. As an accountant I have seen mega night clubs and restaurants lose it all from the owners drug use, etc. A 10% bottom line is good if all goes well usually but if that and more is taken from the top...it won't end well.

JMO's

Very true! Most addicts don't willingly go into rehab. They have to hit a "bottom" and then they sort of have no other choice. That bottom could be if they face possible jail time, job loss, intervention by family, or the addict could have been beaten up, robbed, or threatened by drug dealers. I speak from my experience with my brother who is a recovering addict. These dealers are not of high morals or ethics. They mean business. So, I too am curious what the circumstances were surrounding Sal. Did he inform the police of certain individuals? Owe a debt to someone? And where was Gianni getting the money to pay for a $250 a day drug habit? Could he have possibly pissed someone off by "taking" money from someone to pay for his drugs?

Thanks, jash. My eyes got so tired that I completely missed the "special police badge" on Page 17.

I did notice "black duct tape" and "tan pants in nylon bag". Did you notice anything else interesting?

Silly, as I should know better, but I was surprised the duct tape was black and not silver color. Now days, duct tape comes in all colors and patterns. I even have clear duct tape.

LOL! I was surprised that the duct tape was black as well!

I found the three cell phones in a bag interesting (maybe new burner phones?).

I'm going to list all the items seized in a separate post. I already spent time deciphering the officer's handwriting, so I might as well save my fellow WSers from having to squint!

This is everything that was listed in the ‘Receipt and Inventory’ for the warrant executed at CM’s home (see pp. 17-21 of the PDF).
http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/mercado_warrant.pdf

I’ve typed out everything exactly as was written (except I didn’t use all CAPS).

(1) Box containing misc. boxes of ammunition (from elevated rafter/platform in garage)
(2) Misc. documents / CDs / receipts (from box on metal shelf rack in garage)
(3) Dominion and control mail documents (from metal rack shelf) (garage)
(4) Digital video camera (from metal rack shelf) (garage)
(5) Case for the digital video camera (from box on top metal rack shelf in garage)
(6) Black duct tape (from metal rack shelf in garage)
(7) Receipts, dominion and control docs, special police badge, Fastrack (FasTrak) device (from box on third shelf on metal rack shelf in garage)
(8) Dominion and control documents, receipts, film, checks (from box in garage)
(9) Fox Rental Car receipts, dominion and control docs. and key (from box on floor at south wall of garage)
(10) Baseball cap (BLK) (from entry-way near front door – on shoe rack)
(11) Samsung cell phone (atop table in entryway)
(12) Dominion and control mail (atop table in entryway)
(13) Flash drive (atop mantle in family room/dining area)
(14) Samsung cell phone w/ pink case from night stand in master bedroom south wall
(15) USB flash drive, top left dresser drawer in master bedroom, east wall
(16) Acer mini lap top with black case, on table in s/w bedroom.
(17) HP computer tower, on floor next to the desk in s/w bedroom
(18) External hard drive, from desk in s/w bedroom
(19) USB flashdrive on top of computer tower in s/w bedroom.
(20) Black HP laptop from drawer in s/w bedroom.
(21) 3 cell phones in a bag in the closet in s/w bedroom.
(22) Target work schedule. Inside pink clip on board. South wall of n/w bedroom.
(23) Roll of black duct tape, on closet floor in n/w bedroom.
(24) Canon digital camera. Closet shelf in n/w bedroom
(25) Blue & yellow sweatshirt from closet in n/w bedroom.
(26) Blue sweatshirt w/ white stripes from closet in n/w bedroom.
(27) One box of .223 ammunition from closet shelf in n/w bedroom.
(28) X Box video game console in n/w bedroom
(29) 2 external hard drives and one cell phone from desk in n/w bedroom.
(30) Blue and black external drive from desk in n/w bedroom.
(31) Mail addressed to Mercado on desk in n/w BR
(32) Black Gateway laptop, on floor in n/w BR
(33) HP touch screen computer, on desk in n/w BR.
(34) Tan pair of mens pants from laundry hamper in n/w BR.

From the white 2001 Ford Explorer

1. One black digital “Counter Culture” watch.
2. One black knit hat and gloves
3. One black baseball cap
4. Kenneth Cole sunglasses
5. “Mechanix Wear” gloves
6. Sunglass holder and sunglasses.
7. Annual park pass, vehicle registration and insurance card.

I owe you BIG for ^^^^. I was reading those SWs and they gave me a headache. You would think since they are legal documents they would have to legible. I wonder when the other 30 SWs will be released to the public. I thought they said 5PM yesterday. Do we have a media thread for this case and subsequent trial?

JMO's

Thanks so much for the list Jash, any idea what 'dominion and control' is?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back