Zahra Baker's Biological Mother

Val posted this on The HinkyMeter yesterday-
» Valhall said: { Nov 10, 2010 - 10:11:09 }
Just to let everyone know. On November 6th on this thread:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/11/05/zahra-baker-case-search-continues-on-christie-road/

I stated this:

So I wanted to reassure anyone who has concerns about Emily, that she is doing as well as can be expected. I believe she is staying busy with the things that are important for her to focus on. And I believe she is grateful to all of you not only for your support, but to your dedication to Zahra and wanting justice.

Please note that when I stated she was focusing on the things that were important I was referring to the fact she had shared she was going to get her passport in preparation for coming over. She was planning to come over here as soon as she could get things in order. So there is no connection between her coming over and what MAY have happened today. Which means….Emily may be in the air and not be aware of any developments being discussed at this time.
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/1...-testing-of-evidence-expedited/#comment-91586

I'm hoping that ED has been in contact with people who support her and sympathize in advance so this journey will not be any worse than it has to be!! Perhaps Val has helped prepare ED since they have been in contact with each other!!

I just hope in some small way that some locals do something to show her some great hospitality and show how much the community not only wants justice but want Zahra to be at peace. Maybe, leaving flowers for her at the police station.

I just hope in some small way that some locals do something to show her some great hospitality and show how much the community not only wants justice but want Zahra to be at peace. Maybe, leaving flowers for her at the police station.

I think the flowers are a wonderful idea, and bouncing off that I don't want to burden the already stretched police department by having them bombarded with mail but I wonder if there's a local victim support agency who might be willing to accept cards and letters to be passed on to Emily.

I can't imagine coming here from a foreign country and facing what she has to face, not knowing who to trust. I hope she will find compassion and friendship from everyone she encounters. I would not want to be in her shoes.
As for custody of the remains... I predict there may be a fight with the grandmother, but I hope they can work it out and Zahra can be laid to rest in Australia.

I would donate to any real and legal fund to help Emily out here in the United States. I would first have to know that it would go directly for her benefit to help with the expenses for her stay here.

When remains are found, it is usually some time before the remains are released for burial or cremation. I just hope that Emily will not have a really long wait for at least finding out whether or not the bone LE found is Zahra's.

AB and Grandma K. will most likely oppose Emily having Zahra's remains, I would think. They did not want Emily around when Zahra was still alive, so I doubt they would now.

I am praying that there will be no huge, ugly fight over it.

I do hope ED has someone travelling with her. I don't know how I'd cope in a foreign land with no support whatsoever. I do hope a victims advocate group is helping her out. It's horrible enough loosing contact with your child only to find out she was taken out of her native land without her knowledge. ED's got a full plate to deal with, trying to piece together the hows and whys of Zahra's demise is just awful. Her statement of "I never got to say goodbye, I never got to say hello"....just tore at my heartstrings. JMHO

I also don't like that NG or JVM is painting her off color, they don't know the circumstances, they don't know her finances, her ability, they know absolutely nothing about ED and the hows and whys of it all...sometimes I just wish I had that magic wand to make our world a less violent place to live. I don't know what possesses people to harm others let alone precious, innocent children. I always say nothing I can hear would shock me...how wrong I was..JMHO

Where is Zahra?

I do hope ED has someone travelling with her. I don't know how I'd cope in a foreign land with no support whatsoever. I do hope a victims advocate group is helping her out. It's horrible enough loosing contact with your child only to find out she was taken out of her native land without her knowledge. ED's got a full plate to deal with, trying to piece together the hows and whys of Zahra's demise is just awful. Her statement of "I never got to say goodbye, I never got to say hello"....just tore at my heartstrings. JMHO

I also don't like that NG or JVM is painting her off color, they don't know the circumstances, they don't know her finances, her ability, they know absolutely nothing about ED and the hows and whys of it all...sometimes I just wish I had that magic wand to make our world a less violent place to live. I don't know what possesses people to harm others let alone precious, innocent children. I always say nothing I can hear would shock me...how wrong I was..JMHO

Where is Zahra?

Hopefully someone will help guide her in dealing with the US media, because you know once she is on the ground in NC, at the very least the NG show will start trying to romance her into appearing... and as we all know, once NG has started stomping on sour grapes about someone, she is relentless and thinks nothing of going vulture on them if she can get them on her show. Zahra's mom does not need that kind of nasty turmoil on her back, right now...

I'm thinking parents of other children that were murdered will come to her aid.
Also a local church or LE family will adopt her for her housing needs.
She will need a safe place away from media.
Someone is protecting and supporting AB , his mom and brother while out of jail.
So why not do the same to the victim's mum who really cares???

Hopefully someone will help guide her in dealing with the US media, because you know once she is on the ground in NC, at the very least the NG show will start trying to romance her into appearing... and as we all know, once NG has started stomping on sour grapes about someone, she is relentless and thinks nothing of going vulture on them if she can get them on her show. Zahra's mom does not need that kind of nasty turmoil on her back, right now...

I hope so too, Elphaba..hoping an attorney will provide services for her pro bono, help her navigate and keep her away from NG/JVM....and get a media relations person to help with all those reporters who will bombard her once she steps foot off that plane..JMHO

Where is Zahra?

other AUSSIE people here? the embassy?
I'm sure someone has it all set up to help her.

No matter what reasons were for not having custody of ZB. perhaps lack of knowledge on how to find when never suspect in the United States, perhaps depression and perhaps her own mental state went past post partum depression.

I know that no matter what her tears were real, her torn heart was real, guilt, the horrific images in her mind of what happened, the hatred toward those responsible.

She has a lot to deal with. I hope she gets the support she needs. I am not advising 15 minutes of fame and donations beyond what she needs. I do believe that she is deserved decent therapy for her needs by the best there is.. not a support group but intense therapy to help her provided by a kind facility that will help heal what they can.

I really resent the way that Nancy Grace and JVM are making her out to be uncaring, I do see they have slacked off a little perhaps they see the out pour of those who think it is just plain cruel.

I hope the best for her.. The life she has will never ever be the same, not ever.
If I were her I would not be able to help myself to fully just attack AB. I just would not be able to help it.

While I feel some measure of compassion for her, I surely do not view this woman as a victim in this case. The ONLY victim here is Zahra.

While I feel some measure of compassion for her, I surely do not view this woman as a victim in this case. The ONLY victim here is Zahra.

With respect, not specifically targetting anyone but using this post as an illustration. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but there is already a thread devoted to discussion about where we all stand re Zahra's Mum and I think it was determined by Kimster that she has suffered enough, I take that to mean that like any other (non-related to the crime) parent of any other missing or murdered child, to all intents and purposes at WS she IS a victim.

This thread is about what support might be available to her while she is here, please can we keep it that way and not allow it descend into yet another round of "she didn't do enough/she did too"?

I think you guys are so sweet thinking about Emily and how you can support her when she is in America.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...mother-arrives-in-hickory-as-search-continues

Snipped:

HICKORY, N.C. -- Zahra Baker's biological mother arrived in Hickory Thursday from her home in Australia. Authorities say she wants to claim her daughter's belongings.

I am glad she is here, and If I lived anywhere near Hickory I would welcome her with an open heart and open arms. God bless her and give her strength. She is going to need it. I feel confident that a lot of good people down that way are going to be supporting her and guiding her through this process. I am sure LE will provide her with a support officer as well. If any of Emily's friends or family read her, tell her to hold her head high and keep all the positive, supportive comments close to her heart.

I've been having that same thought/concern. Someone please keep her away from the NGs of the world! I'm not sure how much she knows about US "media" (and I use that term very loosely here), but I know if I had to travel to Australia in a situation like this, I'd have NO idea who to trust! If Emily decides she needs to tell her story here, would she know the difference between Nancy Grace and, say... Katie Couric? I truly hope she is lead in the right direction (whether it is by her own knowledge/intuition, or by others). I'd truly HATE to see her (1) even end up on one of these gossip "news" shows, and (2) be lambasted by the likes of NG and her cronies. IMO.

Oh I know. I made a lot of noise and it was a HUGE battle. The stories I could tell would fill a book. In the end, I finally managed to get the money to get a lawyer and he ended up with supervised visits. Of which he only used a few times and then just quit seeing her for the most part.

I have to say I was a POOR single mom and VERY VERY young. There was NOTHING that would have stopped me fighting for what was best for her. Period. That's what mothers whose children come FIRST, DO.

My daughter is nearly an adult now.... and in the past five years she's talked to him less than i can count on one hand. He STILL claims that my mother and myself kept her from him. I KNOW that if something horrible happened to her.... he'd be the first one running to the media crying and claiming how horrible we both were in keeping her from him. Chances are he'd look really sincere too.

Truth is there is always A LOT more to a story ... and from what I've seen (not stated by the Bakers and posted on public sites by those who claim to know AB and ED) ED has more to her story she isn't going to tell to the public.

BBM
I wholeheartedly agree with that last part-- she seems to be genuine in her tears, and genuine in feeling terrible in what she's lost...but it also seems to be a case of you don't really know what you have, 'till it's gone. As someone else mentioned, hindsight indeed.
I'm sure that her pain in losing her daughter is real, but as you mentioned, there is probably much more to her story as well. Unfortunately, that will probably come out eventually too, and this will turn into an even sadder situation, if that's even possible.

moo

I can't imagine coming here from a foreign country and facing what she has to face, not knowing who to trust. I hope she will find compassion and friendship from everyone she encounters. I would not want to be in her shoes.
As for custody of the remains... I predict there may be a fight with the grandmother, but I hope they can work it out and Zahra can be laid to rest in Australia.

I don't think that Grandma will have any rights to her remains as she never had legal custody.

I think AB and KB would be wise to steer WELL clear of ED...and if Adam has her belongings, he better hand them over RIGHT NOW! :rage:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back