CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do feel sorry for the friend's father, probably realizing later that he should have checked into why Jessica never arrived that morning. He must feel horrible about ignoring the situation. He probably thought she got sidetracked or was late and grabbed a ride from a friend or something. But as parents and teachers, we need to start being accountable and responsible about our children. If a 10 yr old child is out walking, someone needs to be keeping track of where they are supposed to be and when they re supposed to arrive. JMO

How close does this friend live to Jessica?

Is it OK if I post Jessica's aunt's Twitter? Not to sleuth her or anything, but she's very public about the fact that she's J's aunt and is providing some valuable insight into how things are going...Not sure if it's against the TOS so I figured I'd ask first.

Since it's public to speak to the public, can you post the link,please?

BBM

Me, too. When scanner stuff gets mixed in with the discussion thread, it gets hard at times to figure out if a poster is talking about something they read in MSM or something they read/heard in the basement. JMO

IMO, we should be fine if we state we are discussing the scanner rewind and link to the scanner rewind. I don't see the benefit of cluttering the scanner thread with a long discussion about this. IMO, it's not so much a discussion thread as a real time information thread.

I highly recomment that everyone take a few minutes to read the scanner rewind at the below link. It's a short read, but an interesting one. That way everyone is on the same page. Everyone's thoughts and opinions about the contents will be helpful. JMO.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8435263&postcount=2171"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

So he didn't just drive up and dump the body quickly. It apparently took some time and effort. I wonder if she was killed at this location.

Having seen the live video and having seen pics of the location..and with the knowledge that she isn't "intact", I don't think so. The location would be (seemingly) more ....gruesome. (I don't now how else to say it delicately)
Its the lack of blood in the area, given the condition of the body, that tells me it was placed there afterward. I can't imagine the killing there..then moving her to dismember...then bringing part back to that location ,kwim?

new thread: move on over... doors will close here in ten minutes

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8447647#post8447647"]ACTIVE SEARCH CO - AMBER ALERT: Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

If a 10 year old was supposed to meet me and my child somewhere and did not show up I'd be very worried and make sure I knew she was okay. I would go to the school and make sure she had made it there or I'd go to her home or call to make sure she was okay. an older child I may not but a 10 yr old who I knew was walking alone, absolutely. I wonder if he atleast asked his child after school...."oh hey did Jessica ever show up at school today?". It's strange to me.

I have a question about the scanner rewind.

ey're gonna check real quick and call us back.

D: Received info from subject on phone at **** 107th Dr, the basement door was unlocked, the bar that locks it was off, the kids go to school with another juvenile by the name of Jessica.
(multiple units responding to address).

Who lives in the house with the unlocked basement door? Do we think it is relevant?
Who is the subject on the phone? The owner of the house with the unlocked basement?

Could be related, could also be a homeowner called police to tell them they found a broken lock on their home.

I was wondering this same thing but wasn't sure if I missed it. Jessica and J had been in contact. He knew she was walking for sure by that phone call, right? So wouldn't they find it odd that she never showed up? I think I'd start to worry about the other child... maybe he tried to call Jessica's mom and she had already gone to bed and didn't answer?

Good pick up.

If a 10 year old was supposed to meet me and my child somewhere and did not show up I'd be very worried and make sure I knew she was okay. I would go to the school and make sure she had made it there or I'd go to her home or call to make sure she was okay. an older child I may not but a 10 yr old who I knew was walking alone, absolutely. I wonder if he atleast asked his child after school...."oh hey did Jessica ever show up at school today?". It's strange to me.

I drove in a car pool when my kids were that age. There were 4 kids all together. It was sometimes frustrating when 3 kids were at the car and ready to go, and one was MIA. But all the parents agreed that we would NEVER just leave without finding out why one kid was not there. Sometimes kids make impulsive new plans, or they 'forge' or are held up after school, but we still need to figure out where they are, imo.

One thing that is not known is how reliable Jessica and her family were with their morning routine. I remember from my own childhood that there were some kids who were supposed to be part of our walking group that were always late, etc., and sometimes eventually we would just go on ahead without them because they were just notoriously late. We would never have thought anything other than being waylaid was the problem.

I may have missed this, but did a phone conversation take place between Jessica and her friend that morning? I know she attempted to call a couple of times... but did they actually speak? If I saw that I had a missed phone call from someone I was supposed to meet up with, and then they weren't at our meeting place in time, I would probably think they had been calling to tell me they weren't going to be able to make it.

Obviously, it would have been much better if the friend's parent had called Jessica's mom that morning, but I her not being there at the time she was supposed to be *might* not have been unusual. That's not to slam them - just a possible explanation for why her absence that morning didn't set the dad into a frenzy.

With my eyes the way they are, I seem to need a break before I get completely caught up on here, and get pages behind again by the time I come back. Because of that, I've been skimming through many posts instead of reading each one word for word like I usually do. Please forgive me if this has already been suggested by someone else (my ideas are usually so off-the-wall that most seem to be unique though!)

It seems obvious (to me) that the perp wasn't too concerned about hiding the identity of the body, or he would probably have also hidden the backpack somewhere. I was wondering last night if there could be another "practical" reason for dismembering a body, and I did think of one today. It's possible that the person isn't physically capable of carrying 60+ pounds; it could be because he/she is small, has a bad back, some other health problem that restricts lifting (heart, lungs, etc.) or maybe an injury that requires crutches or a cane, which would make it somewhat necessary to use just one hand for carrying.

I have no idea who the neighbors are, and there are probably none that fit, but I was thinking that someone could have asked her for help carrying something into the house, and offering her and her friend a ride to school if it took too long. That could get her inside without having to carry her, but then getting her back out would be a problem - it would have been too obvious to be seen dragging her out, even if she was wrapped in something.

MOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by absentia
did anyone see on Denver news 4 the interviews with the neighbors of where the body was found?

the man spoke of seeing a green truck with a man walking the area where the body was found. he said he'd never seen the green truck or the man before and he knows pretty much everyone who walks down there.

the lady said she saw a car stop on the bridge and just stay there a few days ago.

maybe the suspect scouted out the area in a car, then returned with the body in the truck.

Have a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member